PHOTO SHOOT AND TALK SCHEDULE

showmasters

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

I'm sorry about these (probably silly!) questions but I was wondering if the time between guests indicates the length of the photoshoot? I was a little worried for I have Diana Rigg (ticket numbers 50 and 51) at 1:35 and Alex Kingston (ticket numbers 7 and 8) at 2:00 so was worried I won't get to Alex in time?

No need to worry, with that ticket number you will probably be out before the session with Alex even starts.

Can you join a talk like 5 minute sinto it?
If you have a ticket then yes. Seating may be limited ot the back few rows though depending on how busy it is.

Hi!

I'm sorry about these (probably silly!) questions but I was wondering if the time between guests indicates the length of the photoshoot? I was a little worried for I have Diana Rigg (ticket numbers 50 and 51) at 1:35 and Alex Kingston (ticket numbers 7 and 8) at 2:00 so was worried I won't get to Alex in time?

No need to worry, with that ticket number you will probably be out before the session with Alex even starts.

Thanks so much!

Roughly how long does it take to have the photo done? Can more than one be done a minute?

Hi!

Thanks so much!

Roughly how long does it take to have the photo done? Can more than one be done a minute?

About 30 seconds per shot max - Malcolm doesn't hang around!

Thanks so much! Roughly how long does it take to have the photo done? Can more than one be done a minute?

I would consider it to be abnormal if it takes longer than 15 seconds per shot. At 30 seconds he will have time for a sandwich or two :blush:

Hi!

Thanks so much!

Seems to average around 10 seconds per shot based on the overall numbers done. Sometimes he needs to take a second one if eyes are closed or something but generally it's very quick, though I still find it quite a pleasurable and interesting experience. Maybe I'm weird.

Ah, but notice my strategic use of the word 'max' - I have a habit of having all my pics done at the end of a card, or at the start of a power cut, or someone has a sneezing fit so they take a bit longer...my last one was so quick I'm still moving in it though :dance:

I don't think that's weird, I much prefer the photo sessions, to me it's more personable and much better proof that I've met said celeb, I'm just usually stressing out about how I'll look and how it'll come out!!!!

I hate photos of me generally so only a recent convert to the photoshoots but have actually been quite happy with the results. I like meeting the guests for autographs, especially when there's time for a bit of a chat (and if I can actually think of something to say) but hvaing the money to do the photoshoots has really enhanced the overall experience. Only got 8 booked for EMS but looking forward to it.

Thanks so much! Roughly how long does it take to have the photo done? Can more than one be done a minute?

I would consider it to be abnormal if it takes longer than 15 seconds per shot. At 30 seconds he will have time for a sandwich or two :unsure:

Best bit is when you're stood with the guest while he has to change the card :P happened to me twice with Anthony Head and Shawnee Smith. You get to talk to them for what feels like forever :WINCE:

Drat!! Just noticed that I have DT photoshoot tickets 628 and 629 but am also booked for Caitlin Blackwood which is 1:20 - 1:40!!! That will be at the same time - do I just ask a crew member which to go for first? Sorry to be such a nuisance...:unsure:
I think the general advice is to say go to the shorter shoot first, in the case the Caitlin one, however, as soon as you arrive at the first shoot tell the crew, and they will probably get you through her shoot fast to make sure you get to the David shoot in plenty of time. The rule of thumb is if in doubt ask the crew, as they always amazingly helpful! :WINCE:

Drat!! Just noticed that I have DT photoshoot tickets 628 and 629 but am also booked for Caitlin Blackwood which is 1:20 - 1:40!!! That will be at the same time - do I just ask a crew member which to go for first? Sorry to be such a nuisance...:unsure:
I think the general advice is to say go to the shorter shoot first, in the case the Caitlin one, however, as soon as you arrive at the first shoot tell the crew, and they will probably get you through her shoot fast to make sure you get to the David shoot in plenty of time. The rule of thumb is if in doubt ask the crew, as they always amazingly helpful! :WINCE:

Agreed. The shoot with David will still be taking place after the one with Caitlin has finished.

Drat!! Just noticed that I have DT photoshoot tickets 628 and 629 but am also booked for Caitlin Blackwood which is 1:20 - 1:40!!! That will be at the same time - do I just ask a crew member which to go for first? Sorry to be such a nuisance...:P
I think the general advice is to say go to the shorter shoot first, in the case the Caitlin one, however, as soon as you arrive at the first shoot tell the crew, and they will probably get you through her shoot fast to make sure you get to the David shoot in plenty of time. The rule of thumb is if in doubt ask the crew, as they always amazingly helpful! :D

^_^ Thanks- that is what Ishall have to do!! It is all going to be such a mad rush, but then I suspect(as a newbie) that is all part of the frantic,manic fun...

I would consider it to be abnormal if it takes longer than 15 seconds per shot. At 30 seconds he will have time for a sandwich or two ^_^

Best bit is when you're stood with the guest while he has to change the card :D happened to me twice with Anthony Head and Shawnee Smith. You get to talk to them for what feels like forever :P

That happened to me with Karen Gillan! You're so lucky to have it happen with shawnee! She's my idol. So glad I've met her!

got tickets for 423 and 424 for David and the doors open at 11am, If the queue is long outside will still get there for first photo shoot or should I go for the second one at 1.10pm

Check which numbers have been called when you get in. If you don't get there on time it's no problem, go to the second one. It's likely you'll make the first one fine.

I would consider it to be abnormal if it takes longer than 15 seconds per shot. At 30 seconds he will have time for a sandwich or two :lol:

Best bit is when you're stood with the guest while he has to change the card :D happened to me twice with Anthony Head and Shawnee Smith. You get to talk to them for what feels like forever :lol:

That happened to me with Karen Gillan! You're so lucky to have it happen with shawnee! She's my idol. So glad I've met her!

Many people will be jealous of Karen!! But I'm glad it happened with Shawnee I actually love her xD she's amazing. Same, best guest I've met so far :)

My carer has a higher seat number than I do, but I'm in a chair - is there any way we can still sit together around *my* location? Only I need to be about as far back as my ticket will put me and not much further, because my hearing isn't great either... :/

• Showmasters Admin

My carer has a higher seat number than I do, but I'm in a chair - is there any way we can still sit together around *my* location? Only I need to be about as far back as my ticket will put me and not much further, because my hearing isn't great either... :/

Talk to the crew on the day and they'll see what they can do. They'll be able to sort something out.