Doctor Who Series Finale!

illascriptor

Maybe this is an unreasonable idea, so feel free to shut me down... but thanks to so many Doctor Who guests, there are sure to be plenty of fans of the new series in attendance, and the finale of series 6 airs on (probably) 7pm on Saturday. Would it be feasible to maybe set up a room for fans to watch it together at the convention?

I'd be all for that myself, however, I don't see it being likely since SM would need to get a licence to have a mass screening like that.

I don't think they do need a license, something to do with it being a live broadcast, it's more the fact that the event finishes at 6 and they can't just extend it for 2 hours for something that isn't going to make them money...

Its a shame that the event clashes with Doctor Who- seeing as Amy and Rory have mysteriously disappeared, I'll be meeting Arthur Darvill for a photo, but i want to see him in the finale before i do see him xD Ah well, i get to see it eventually and nothing will make me happier than meeting him anyway :smile:

They were dropped off at home. Which show are you watching?

It doesn't actually come under live broadcast, if you are saying doctor who is live, so is eastenders, a live broadcast is a football game or the news. I think that's right?

Nope if I remember right live in this context as in watching it when broadcast, so you can't iPlayer it for everyone to see but if the venue has paid the tv license fee and you are watching it on BBC One then it is fine.