Advice needed.

BenCollier

OK so I'm a huge noob at these things can someone be really awesome and answer my questions.

1. I know I have to get autographs on the day but where do I buy them?

2. I've heard about getting a number, how long do you usually have to wait?

3.. Can I get anything signed or does someone give you something (I want a book signed)

4. Will I be allowed to take a photo with anyone I get an autograph from?

Anyone who can help me gets +100 cool points :headscratch:

1. In the case of busier guests there will be a separate payment desk near the start of the queue. With quieter guests, you pay the assistant when you get to the guest.

2. The waiting time for a Virtual Ticket is dependant on two things, the number you have and the signing speed of the guest. It could be a few minutes, it could be a few hours. Sorry but here is no way of predicting that in advance.

3. Yes, you can bring you own item/s to be signed. A book is fine.

4. With a lot of guests you can have a posed photo with them. There are normally signs up if there are any restrictions, 'No posed photos' means that you can take a photo of the guest but not have a photo with them. , and 'No photos' means that you are not allowed to take any at all.

1. If you want to pay cash you either pay at the table half way down the autograph line or in some cases the assistant sitting next to the guest.

If you want to pay by card you need to buy vouchers at a table near the Organisers Booth first, and then hand these over at the above mentioned tables.

2. Depends on when you arrive and who you want to see. Can really be any time from 20 minutes to several hours.

3. You can pick up a photo from the table where you pay, but if you want to get your book signed that is fine, you don't have to get one of these photos signed.

4. Most guests are fine with photos at the table, but there are exceptions. For example if you want to meet David Tennant you will not be able to get a photo at the table due to the amount of people who want to see him.

1. In the case of busier guests there will be a separate payment desk near the start of the queue. With quieter guests, you pay the assistant when you get to the guest.

2. The waiting time for a Virtual Ticket is dependant on two things, the number you have and the signing speed of the guest. It could be a few minutes, it could be a few hours. Sorry but here is no way of predicting that in advance.

3. Yes, you can bring you own item/s to be signed. A book is fine.

4. With a lot of guests you can have a posed photo with them. There are normally signs up if there are any restrictions, 'No posed photos' means that you can take a photo of the guest but not have a photo with them. , and 'No photos' means that you are not allowed to take any at all.

Thanks a lot, consider the cool points yours

1. You pay (cash only) a person either at the guest table or slightly down the queue, depends on how busy the guest is.

2. That is a vt number you get one for the busiest guest and how long you wait depends on a) how busy the guest is :headscratch: your vt number.

3. You can get anything signed within reason I.e. No naughty toys

4. The less busy guests might do if you ask nicely but busy guests like David tennant won't do that cos they take much longer and thus stop more people getting autos.

Hi BenCollier,

I'll stand up and be that awesome guy!

1) You pay for the autographs where the stars are, there is a showmasters helper who will take the money for the signature. You can take one of the free complimentary 10x8 photos on display for them to sign or use there signature on a personal item.

Remember that one paid autograph gets one signature from the star.

2) Before meeting the star you must collect a virtual que ticket from someone near there table. Then when your ticket batch is called (ie, 1-50, 50-100, 100-150...) if your ticket is in that batch then you can que up for an autograph.

3) You can get anything signed. But the star has the right to not sign certain things, but a book will be fine.

And 4) You can buy a professional photograph online or on the day which take place at photo rooms, but you can sometimes have pictures with them in the autograph que's if the que is not that busy.

Now have I earned those 100 cool points? :headscratch:

Chugs-in-credible1

Hi BenCollier,

1) You pay for the autographs where the stars are, there is a showmasters helper who will take the money for the signature. You can take one of the free complimentary 10x8 photos on display for them to sign or use there signature on a personal item.

2) Before meeting the star you must collect a virtual que ticket from someone near there table. Then when your ticket batch is called (ie, 1-50, 50-100, 100-150...) if your ticket is in that batch then you can que up for an autograph.

3) You can get anything signed. But the star has the right to not sign certain things, but a book will be fine.

And 4) You can buy a professional photograph online or on the day which take place at photo rooms, but you can sometimes have pictures with them in the autograph que's if the que is not that busy.

Chugs-in-credible1

I think that 100 is guna have to be spread with these other awesome people.

So what you're saying in answer 2 is that you can only get one thing signed?

Hi BenCollier,

Chugs-in-credible1

I think that 100 is guna have to be spread with these other awesome people.

The virtual queue ticket is just your place in the queue. You can have up to five things signed in one go, but if you want more, and the guest is still on virtual queue tickets, then you need to get another one, and queue up again.

Edited by laurab1

No, what David and Laurab have said is correct. You can get more if you wish. It is priced per autograph though.

Sorry but no, because the above is incorrect :D

Not all guests operate a VT system. Just the busier ones. Also, the batch system works different to what you have said. In your exampled it should be 1-50, 1-100, 1-150. You can go up anytime after your number has been called. You are not restricted to a certain group slot.

No, what David and Laurab have said is correct. You can get more if you wish. It is priced per autograph though.

Now have I earned those 100 cool points? :poki:

Sorry but no, because the above is incorrect :jason:

Not all guests operate a VT system. Just the busier ones. Also, the batch system works different to what you have said. In your exampled it should be 1-50, 1-100, 1-150. You can go up anytime after your number has been called. You are not restricted to a certain group slot.

Sorry if I got that wrong. But I only put it down to experience as when I met Peter Davison in May 2011, he had only three people in his que but was still denied entry because my number was 120 and where dealing with batch 1 - 100. And no one saw him for a while until the next batch was called. But yea, some of the less busier guests do not have virtual tickets, but mostly for the higher.

But...but... I'm sorry, but I can't concentrate probably on the fact I got no cool points! I feel I've let myself down, my family down, my pet chimp's down not including the whole dam country! :pyth:

Ah well, try again next year...

Edited by chugs-in-credible

hi, ben

just read your post hope your excited about going to the convention. in answer to your quesations:

1) buy your autographs there will either be a table set up near the front of the queing area where you can pay for your autographs or for some of the less popular guests you may have to pay the assistant sitting next to the guest.

2) yes for some of the more popular guest you will need to get a virtual que number. the wait time varies depending on how popular the guest is but the longest i had to wait was 2hrs for alex kingston. but having a virtual que ticket means you can look round and come back to the guest later to check what numbers are up and you can go up anytime after your number has been called.

3) you can get anything signed, but they also provide a selection of photos to choose from if you want an autograph but havn't got anything to get signed.

4) well this is a tricky question to answer as officially there not supposed to allow photos with the guest apart from in the paid shoots however i have found guest are often willing to pose anyway if you ask especially if there table isn't busy at the time i have some fab pictures of me and my friends and robert duncan mcniel (tom paris star trek voyager) at the milton keynes convetion last year. my advise would be to wait untill there quite and politly ask the worse they can do is say no!!

• Moderators

4) well this is a tricky question to answer as officially there not supposed to allow photos with the guest apart from in the paid shoots however i have found guest are often willing to pose anyway if you ask especially if there table isn't busy at the time i have some fab pictures of me and my friends and robert duncan mcniel (tom paris star trek voyager) at the milton keynes convetion last year. my advise would be to wait untill there quite and politly ask the worse they can do is say no!!

If there are signs up specifically saying 'no posed photos' then please do not ask the guests. This is generally how you tell whether photos are ok or not.

There is no rule in place for crew to stop them just because they have a paid shoot.

normally if a guest is VT you can ask for up to 5 items to be signed, but, if you want 5 and their autograph cost is £15 then it will obviously cost you £75.

Ahhhh I didn't see things that way! I thought the price of the autograph was the price to get in the autograph queue... I wanted to get a provided photo signed and a personal item signed by DT, but 45 x 2... Well no.

4. The less busy guests might do if you ask nicely but busy guests like David tennant won't do that cos they take much longer and thus stop more people getting autos.

And another dellusion! ;)

I hope that we'll be able to exchange a few words with him for £45 then ;)

And another dellusion! ;)

I hope that we'll be able to exchange a few words with him for £45 then ;)

Depends on what is your definition of "a few words." :(

The line will move very fast. Karen Gillan still managed to make everyone walk away happy and I am sure David will try his very best to do the same. But there really will be no time for longer conversations.