Post your David Tennant Photoshoot Ticket Numbers!

Holyfrell

:blink: I was using #779 as an example, I haven't received my second photoshoot ticket yet, just plucked a random number out of the sky :P

Silly me! :D

I don't think it's that surprising that he's taking more photos than Karen, after all he's more famous than her! (well I'm basing that on the fact that if you say "David Tennant" in France, people are likely to know that he starred in DW and HP, but if you say "Karen Gillian", they'll be like "Karen who?")

And referring to the little debate up there on the duration of the shoots, 10 seconds for 1000 tix brings the shooting to 2 and a half hours-ish... So I guess this must be right.

Edited by EmilyCerise

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

I've just seen my cousins DT ticket - its 920!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? I thought the photo shoot was supposed to be limited.

1: Things can change.

2: Surely it's better for SM to have said "limited" so that people bought then straight away rather than say nothing and people wait and possibly miss out? Because as we know they sold out in a matter of days, for which I believe would have happened with or without the "limited" comment.

• Moderators

Considering the speed of sales, and the number of new people David Tennant's announcement has attracted, I think it was sensible to highlight the photo shoots as 'limited.' I know a lot of people were disappointed in regards to Karen Gillan when they had never been to an event before, and didn't quite understand how it worked. This would be a similar situation.

Just seemed a little bizarre to me as as far as I knew, the most photoshoot tickets that were made available for any guest was 800, and David who was advertised as limited has had more than that available.

It's no real big deal to me, I was just happy when I read limited, because I thought it would mean that there would be plenty of time to get through the autographs, now obviously there will be less time than I imagined

Just seemed a little bizarre to me as as far as I knew, the most photoshoot tickets that were made available for any guest was 800, and David who was advertised as limited has had more than that available.

It's no real big deal to me, I was just happy when I read limited, because I thought it would mean that there would be plenty of time to get through the autographs, now obviously there will be less time than I imagined

EVERY photoshoot is limited - otherwise the venue would never close (!) :blink:

It just makes sense for SM (or mods) to highlight this in Tennant's case, because someone ending up disappointed because of their own complacency is worse than somebody moaning about the definition of "limited" even hough it's "no real big deal" !!

EVERY photoshoot is limited - otherwise the venue would never close (!) B)

It just makes sense for SM (or mods) to highlight this in Tennant's case, because someone ending up disappointed because of their own complacency is worse than somebody moaning about the definition of "limited" even hough it's "no real big deal" !!

I know EVERY photo shoot is limited, but it isn't stated in every announcement that the photoshoots are limited is it? I doubt everyone imagines the photoshoots start at midnight Friday night and end at midnight Sunday night. It was the fact that they highlighted that this specific one was limited, which would lead me(at least) to believe that there would be LESS than what is available for other people, when in fact it has turned out that MORE are available for David than anyone else in the history of photoshoots at an SM show. I don't think it's unusual for me to think that that was a little odd.

And besides, Too Tall has already said that things change, so obviously they saw how quickly they were selling and decided to make more than a 'limited' number available, so there's not much point in several people posting what the word 'limited' can mean. They just changed their minds

I know EVERY photo shoot is limited, but it isn't stated in every announcement that the photoshoots are limited is it? I doubt everyone imagines the photoshoots start at midnight Friday night and end at midnight Sunday night. It was the fact that they highlighted that this specific one was limited, which would lead me(at least) to believe that there would be LESS than what is available for other people, when in fact it has turned out that MORE are available for David than anyone else in the history of photoshoots at an SM show. I don't think it's unusual for me to think that that was a little odd.

And besides, Too Tall has already said that things change, so obviously they saw how quickly they were selling and decided to make more than a 'limited' number available, so there's not much point in several people posting what the word 'limited' can mean. They just changed their minds

I think it's more the point that along with Karen Gillan, they are the only 2 that I can think of that have sold out. It is also an announcement that has made people in other countries that people who have never been to a Showmasters event before very excited about, so they are doing that so that they know there is a certain amount and they won't expand the sales until people stop buying them.

My sister picked my ticket up for me but I won't get it until Sunday. However she has opened it and informed me that my ticket number is.....dah da dah daaahhhhh....325. So I'll see you in the queue Nickysgirl77. Can't wait, just hope my nerves keep together lol.

• Showmasters Admin

no you are wrong

we did not change out minds and added more we had 1000 in mind when we stated sales as thats what number we felt we could handle in that time frame , as thats what we have done before .

as to the word Limited we felt that as there were going to be lots of new first time people hitting the forum it was best to inform them there was not a unlimited amount of photo ops for sale and that they would run out soon .

we felt pointing out the fact that they were Limited was the best way so explaining this to new members of the forum

as to fans getting autographs David is used t signing autos and we are good at getting numbers through we will work out the speed of the signing and work out in the fist hour how many we thing most likely will be seen over the day and we will give out numbers to that amount and then any number after this amount will be told that they will not be guaranteed an autograph , we will be there to help as many people as we can over the day and we feel it will go fine as we have deal with these numbers before.

and remember Karen went to open Q by the end of the day at LFCC so we shall see

i hope that helps explain see you at the show :(

yours

jason :WAVE: