Party themes

darkrecall

It sorrows me to say it but they just don't care about the parties really :D:(,,, they'll finally realise probably just after the twilight event 21-23 of oct that they yet again forgot all about it and throw out some themes then, or maybe after the hallowedon event even the weekend before,, try for a new record in reveling the themes late :/

It's a shame because whether it is or isn't the case it sure does feel like it. With 3 weeks and a couple of days to go I really can't see how I can afford or find the time and energy (I have a disability so physically don't have the energy to make a costume in that time frame) to join in with the dressing up, which quite frankly sucks. ;):(

due to many reasons i would have liked atlest 28 days to find/make a costume for the partys. i so wanted to have someting for this year. but if they dont put out what the party are in the next few days. i downt see how i can have a costume in time.

I always wear a Stargate uniform to these con's as it's Stargate. I don't usually try to make a costume up just for the fancy dress as I probably won't use it again, but i know I'll wear the SG uniforms again and again.

At signing events as well as weekend con's. So if you really want to dress up just do it and make / buy what you want, it's all personal choice in the end. Plus how often can you dress up, look cool and not get grief for doing something you love doing. :D

As I normally enjoy the parties - especially when they have a theme announced with a reasonable timescale.

I am seriously disappointed. I'm glad I dont run my work like this!

I normally buy Gold for my Wife and I but since they cant be bothered to organise the parties, I cant be bothered to book any further cons with Showmasters!

The reason people make a fuss about the parties is it is an intergral part the whole experience. It allows people show off some of their own efforts and imagination and gives a great talking point for con goers to relax and mingle.

I am a Stargate fan but my wife is not so the parties rather than the talks are the things that make her weekend. Although she might not always dress for the guest photo's she always has a themed outfit for the parties.

You can look at it this way - the parties are advertised as included in the ticket....so why arent they organised? Think of other events like concerts - if the supporting act didnt bother to play you would feel done and certainly for myself, at least, for the effort to put up three themes it is a very poor show.

I find it strange that people believe that just because it is a fan convention that we should put up with a sub standard service.......and we arent exactly getting it on the cheap.

another reason make a big deal about when the parties are posted is because people neet to know if they want to dress up for the parties. they need time to make/buy their outfits. although i have yet to dress up. if givent enough time to organise what i will wear and time to gather the money to be able to have an outfit then i would. so for those wanting to wear a special outfit for the party it is frustrating not knowing till the last minute.

plus like Darkrecall mentioned they are mentioned as part of the convention.