Party themes

darkrecall

Come, lets get some suggestions going...

I'm stealing this one from Andrew... High School re-union

another one Aliens..

:jason:

High School Reunion!!

I like my idea to :jason:

Yeah Cameron Mitchell At his "Class of '87" 20-year high school reunion in the episode"Bounty" season 10

You can have some awesome 80's music playing to just like in the ep along with the con songs of course!

Its set in Kansas so its also a good reason to bring the rodeo bull :jason:

Plus nice an simple to match the decorations ect, and some awesome costumes to! see photos below! I think there mascot is a bee! if my memory serves me right!

normalsg110150368.jpg

normalsg110150647.jpg

Andrew M

Edited by mojoe

OK, ideas..... um ....going with season 10 SGA and have an Arthurian theme ....seeing as the outpost was found for SGA as in Antarctica we could have a winter ball? ..... Science party?????
i like the idea of a winter ball. sounds fun.great idea :)
Wouldn't you get rather hot wearing this?

continuumAmanda-1.jpg

Have we had a Wizard of Oz or 200 (episode) themed party at these events yet?

If we had a 200 party people could dress as zombies, private investigators, characters from Farscape, Star Trek, The Wizard of Oz, Wormhole X-Treme and of course Stargate. Maybe even Thunderbirds characters too, or other puppets :D Firefly and possibly other shows/films were mentioned too so that leaves even more possibilities :headscratch:

Friday night "Stargate baddies". Goauld, Lucian alliance, The trust etc

Saturday night "Stargate Atlantis homecoming" A party to celebrate the return of Atlantis to earth...All the better if we get a couple of SGA guests lol

Sunday night "Other Sci FI" Party. Anything other than Stargate but with a connection to the guests or Stargate or even a connection to the sets or locations perhaps....

7.4 had a 200th themed party.

Ah poo, thought I came up with a good idea then :poki: Before the last 2 Chevrons, I never really bothered with the parties so didn't take much notice of the themes.

OK, ideas..... um ....going with season 10 SGA and have an Arthurian theme ....seeing as the outpost was found for SGA as in Antarctica we could have a winter ball? ..... Science party?????
i like the idea of a winter ball. sounds fun.great idea :)
Wouldn't you get rather hot wearing this?

continuumAmanda-1.jpg

Guess it depends what you wear under it :WINCE:

I see yet again same old story, I love the chevron events, the staff are great at the event etc,, but TBH unless I have "something" already appropriate for a theme I ignor the theme's now, every time they leave it to the last minit to announce them and if I'm going to do it I need time to do something "Right"

I'm no good at "Fancy Dress", I prefer to "Costume", I have nothing against others knocking something up basic if that's all they want/can do, I love to see people just joining in and having fun with the theme, it's great, but call me a costume snob if you like, but I like to go as far as I can, as acurate as I can,, this takes TIME,, also even if someone is knocking something basic up it can take time, with real lifes, jobs, kids, familes etc some people don't have alot so need to know well enough in advance to achieve something.

I used to care about the parties, they where something to look forward to, back on the first couple I bent over backward to get costumes done to the theme, it basically started the fun of the con well before the con, it helped grow my excitment with the researching, sourcing and making of the costume, and I was lucky at the time had a job with alot of flexable time,, but with time after time rushing last minit and breaking my back to get something done for the event and if you want to do something Right and Fast it ain't going to be Cheap,, it's the old saying QUICK, FAST and CHEAP pick 2, but the last few cons yes I still managed to match the theme but ONLY because I had something to suit,, now I know I've gone on a bit, probably for some making too much of it,, but it only because I used to care so much about them, for me one of the key things I love about chevron is getting to costume,, getting to use not only the ones I have but with luck add something new to show off there. So the party themes used to be a major part of the pre-hype for me,, now there just the inevitable disapointment of not caring, as annouced so late all I can do is HOPE the theme that eventually gets chosen will get covered by one of my existing costumes.

I hope for future con's they try and annouce them atleast 3 months in advance (But sooner would be cool), and stick to it and the days they set. And then I can start to gain that special feeling back the party themes used to give me.

OK enough moaning lol,,

As for party Theme ideas to try help out (Some may have been said before im some guise or another)

Fri - Political Conferance --- Representatives from all over the SG-1/SGA/SGU universes get together to work out the universes problems using drinks and dance to aid in the negotiations. (Basically any Stargate based costume is a goer, and like chev 7.2 a chance if they don't want to or can't get a stargate based cossie together then they may wish to get out there best frocks/suits if desired, it is a )

Sat - Alternate Universe --- Here we find strange races from all over the universe at the SGC, but not of stargate universe origion, they have bleed through from some unknow universes how will the SGC cope. (Basically any Sci-Fi based costume goes)

Sun - Time Travel --- Ut Oh,, It's all gone wrong for SG-1 they keep getting thrown back in time,, how will they deal with varid people from different periods in history,, not just earth history that of any of the worlds lead to by the stargate,, will they encounter human history, Jaffa History the Unas back once long ago,, you never know you might even see a furling?!?!?. (Basically gives people the option of earth historical clothing or they can go wild with there imagination for an alien world historical clothing)

Anyways there's my brain mumblings.

ATB

Lee

Hi Lee,

I agree with a lot of what your saying - at 7.6 they swapped the themes for Friday and Sunday round! I had a great costume for Friday Lt George Hammond ala 1969 but then they swapped at short notice and I ended up using my Indiana Jones which was really only a chill out costume :WAVE:

I dont see the problem with announcing them early - just ask for suggestions when the forum is opened and rig a vote!

I enjoy all the costuming and as Lee said it makes for a more enjoyable event.

I do put a fair bit of effort into research and economical purchase and manufacture for my costumes so come on SM throw us a bone!

Again I want to point out that I love Showmasters and I mean to be constructive.

I really want the parties to be part of the whole con experience, not something that appears to be a last minute decision and we get notified the theme only 4 weeks before the event and consequently don't have time or money to get a costume for.

Surely for a decent party things must have to be booked well in advance anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

It sorrows me to say it but they just don't care about the parties really :P:eek:,,, they'll finally realise probably just after the twilight event 21-23 of oct that they yet again forgot all about it and throw out some themes then, or maybe after the hallowedon event even the weekend before,, try for a new record in reveling the themes late :/

It sorrows me to say it but they just don't care about the parties really :D :D,,, they'll finally realise probably just after the twilight event 21-23 of oct that they yet again forgot all about it and throw out some themes then, or maybe after the hallowedon event even the weekend before,, try for a new record in reveling the themes late :/

It's a shame because whether it is or isn't the case it sure does feel like it. With 3 weeks and a couple of days to go I really can't see how I can afford or find the time and energy (I have a disability so physically don't have the energy to make a costume in that time frame) to join in with the dressing up, which quite frankly sucks. :angry::P