Looking forward to possibly attending this event, downside is...

coro

as i'm coming for Sunday only, it'll likely involve a 6-6.30am drive to Shrewsbury by 8am, even then the train won't arrive in London til 11.30am, wish me luck. :lol:

How much effort are others putting into coming to this event?

Edited by coro

I'm taking a flight at 8 am from Sweden on Sunday, will probably be at the avenue at around 09:50 am ish. I have around 6 hours to spend at the con before having to rush back to Heathrow to catch my flight home.

Ah, good luck. :)

My wife and I are coming from Nashville, Tennessee USA. We've had this trip planned for months, but just found out about the show. We just happen to be staying right down the street too. Getting to meet Tennant is going to make our trip. Any tips about the show for newbies like us?

My wife and I are coming from Nashville, Tennessee USA. We've had this trip planned for months, but just found out about the show. We just happen to be staying right down the street too. Getting to meet Tennant is going to make our trip. Any tips about the show for newbies like us?

That's epic! If you want Tennant make sure you are prepared to queue EARLY!

Buy your David Tennant photoshoot tickets, if you want them, as soon as possible, if you have not already done so! They went on sale on Thursday night, and are going fast.

Edited by laurab1

I'm taking a flight at 8 am from Sweden on Sunday, will probably be at the avenue at around 09:50 am ish. I have around 6 hours to spend at the con before having to rush back to Heathrow to catch my flight home.

Wow, you are coming a long way just for a day! I take it you are coming for a certain Mr Tennant?

Wow, you are coming a long way just for a day! I take it you are coming for a certain Mr Tennant?

Mr. Tennant sealed the deal! However, I would be lying if I wasn't excited to meet Sean Patrick Flannery. I've been wanting to meet him since he cancelled LFCC back in 2006.

Edited by Railok

Buy your David Tennant photoshoot tickets, if you want them, as soon as possible, if you have not already done so! They went on sale on Thursday night, and are going fast.

oh we bought photoshoot tickets Friday morning when we found out about the event. Almost didn't even think about it. just bought them and then rearranged our schedule.

so since we have the photoshoot tickets, we don't necessarily have to queue up super early, correct? I'm not sure I've figured out this whole thing yet...thanks for any help!

• Moderators

If you're only planning on getting the photo shoot then you won't need to queue up at a crazy time to guarantee getting it. You've got your ticket so as long as you're in the event before whatever the timeslot ends up being, you'll be fine. (or even just before it ends)

Depends what else you have planned?

If you're only planning on getting the photo shoot then you won't need to queue up at a crazy time to guarantee getting it. You've got your ticket so as long as you're in the event before whatever the timeslot ends up being, you'll be fine. (or even just before it ends)

Was gona say that, but also if you want his autograph then you WILL need to queue earlier in order to be guaranteed that. Just go in get a virtual queue ticket, then come back when ever you like to get your autograph after the number on your virtual queue ticket has come up..

;)

LLAP ;)

Was gona say that, but also if you want his autograph then you WILL need to queue earlier in order to be guaranteed that. Just go in get a virtual queue ticket, then come back when ever you like to get your autograph after the number on your virtual queue ticket has come up..

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

We're not really planning anything else at the event at this point. Getting a photo with Tennant is better than an autograph to us, so we'll stick with that. Who knows, we'll have to see what changes when we get there. Since the show is just part of a larger trip for us, we're trying to do stuff as economically as possible, so we can't blow a whole lot of money. maybe :)

what else does the rest of the show entail? I know about the talks, photos ops, autographs...

How much effort are others putting into coming to this event?

Heading down to London from Yorkshire with two kids in tow on the Friday afternoon, checking into a hotel where hubby will come and join us once he finishes work and brother-in-law will be joining us too at some point. Saturday morning will be going en masse to the con, early (kids'll be up anyway) but not mega-early and then Sunday morning brother-in-law and I will be heading out early to the con while hubby takes the kids out for the day somewhere. :hathor:

• 2 weeks later...