Guests talks for this years event

showmasters

Please see new note re: paid talks at the bottom of the first post.

Maybe you will understand why people waiting for the tickets that were 'for sale online yesterday' are getting irrate ! if you can add things to the first post I fail to understand why the 'onsale now' bit is still there PLEASE tell me where I can purchase on line now !!!!!

People have been waiting for these tickets because ticket number is important to where you can sit -- that's why I sat up till 1 am last night waiting and why I have been waiting all day today -- and am still waiting. PLEASE can someone find out when these will be on sale.

There is no point telling me this thread will be updated when they are on sale when the first post of the thread says they are all ready on sale. Getting so very frustrated here.

Edited by dee

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

Dee,

Sorry I missed that. I have asked and they should be up in the next 10 minutes.

Stuart

thank you, well it's sort of half there --- listed under Saturday Dr Who says a Torchwood talk with limited print

Not available to be purchased or added to basket just an option to add to a shopping list, that doesn't seem to do anything ?

any chance you can get sorted ?

Give it a couple of minutes, my guess is they're using that one as a template. Once its updated they'll make it live.

I just know myself if I spent that much money I'd want to know every single minute detail of what I got :unsure:

Oh, me too, normally, and I'm quite au fait with what's on offer with the weekend convention passes, for example. But on this occasion, I'd made the last-minute decison to buy the signing-event equivalent for the first time ever based on the sheer volume of activities I'd booked for myself, so hadn't seen the fine detail of was available bar what was kindly posted on the forum by the mods (and I was convinced from what Id' read that the GP only gave priority seating, not free access to paid talks).

Besides, my primary concern by then was sorting out my clashing photoshoots and getting to see as many of the talks as possible, and that alone made it worth the cost as I'd have been stuffed without it; anything above and beyond that was just icing on the cake (and hey, SM got some extra money out of it, so everyone's happy)!

But yes, I'll check more carefully before the shop closes next time. :unsure:

Would buying tickets for a talk effect our lines/places for any autograph/photoshoot numbers?

I'd like to do the Doctor Who talk but the things I've purchased so far are the David Tennant and Georgia Moffett photoshoots and I'd also like to do their autograph as well... I'm assuming it would be very busy so would I have time to do this?

(This is my first time going so I'm a complete novice...)

Would buying tickets for a talk effect our lines/places for any autograph/photoshoot numbers?

I'd like to do the Doctor Who talk but the things I've purchased so far are the David Tennant and Georgia Moffett photoshoots and I'd also like to do their autograph as well... I'm assuming it would be very busy so would I have time to do this?

(This is my first time going so I'm a complete novice...)

You can not miss your turn in an autograph session, you can simply go after the talk if your number has been called during the time the talk runs.

If photosessions clash with paid for talks let crew know and they'll do their best to help you. They won't schedule the David photo session for clashing with the Doctor Who talk though, and Georgia is even in it on Sunday. So you shouldn't have any problems with that.

You can not miss your turn in an autograph session, you can simply go after the talk if your number has been called during the time the talk runs.

If photosessions clash with paid for talks let crew know and they'll do their best to help you. They won't schedule the David photo session for clashing with the Doctor Who talk though, and Georgia is even in it on Sunday. So you shouldn't have any problems with that.

Thank you so much. I wanted to check before purchasing tickets. :)

So looking forward to both Star Trek talks especially with the TOS legend Eddie Paskey. If anyone saw the programme bring back star trek you would see what amazing insights into the show he has. He was there from the start and contributed so much to the show. To see him with mr shimmerman and miss lien will give Trek fans an amazing talk experience. Thank you so much show masters. :blush:

The Dr Who talks are £10, I think I will give it a miss. They will be full of newbies asking for hugs and repeating questions and generally wasting precious time.:firedevil:

Here are my tips for asking questions:

Please, if you book a talk and plan on asking a question, prepare beforehand.

Think of what you want to ask, make it original or interesting as possible.

My first celeb was Armin Shimmerman, I wrote three questions down, several different ways and tried to break them down and make it as uncomplicated as possible.

No big words that are hard to say, no neverending sentences that taper into nothingness...... you do not want to be standing up there speechless!

Inevitably someone asks "What's it like working with _____ ?" "Who was the better kisser? Or "What's it like kissing ____?" Try to think of something original, if you cannot think of anything of the top of your head, look at their body of work on IMDB, watch the shows and films and try to pick out something to ask about.

If your question has been asked and answered before in any shape or form then please sit down and let someone else ask their question.

Stick to questions about professional life only, asking about their private life is just :lol: and you look like a stalker.

[Do and Don't

Do prepare

Do come up with original question

Do simplify it

Don't repeat questions

Don't get personal.

Oh and my question to Armin was about Quark being an unlikely sex symbol, he kept asking me to repeat the question cause he wanted me to keep saying "What do you think about Quark being a sex symbol..... " (Quark did go through quite a lot of beautiful women in DS9, he had relationships with a Klingon, a Cardassian, a Ferengi and several Bajoran dabo girls. )

Edited by CurlyKirsty

And the talk list has been announced and he wasn't on it

;)

In no way shape or form have I ever mentioned David Tennant if that is what you mean, this applies across the board to the two Dr Who talks as there will be lots of new people at these talks.

I noticed at Karen Gillan's talk she was asked basically the same question three times, it may have been phrased differently but it was the same question. This means that two more original questions did not get asked which I find infurianting. :lol:

Also we want these talks to be entertaining and give the celebrity/ies an oportunity to shine. I mentioned the Dr Who talks at the top as I think this would be the most sensitive talk IMO. Do you want to sit through several people asking who kissed better, Matt or David? I am pretty sure Alex and Georgia do not. :lol: I can so see this happening!

I hope newbies will read that and think about what they want to ask and come up with original ideas as that would be more fun and interesting.

;)

In no way shape or form have I ever mentioned David Tennant if that is what you mean, this applies across the board to the two Dr Who talks as there will be lots of new people at these talks.

I noticed at Karen Gillan's talk she was asked basically the same question three times, it may have been phrased differently but it was the same question. This means that two more original questions did not get asked which I find infurianting. :lol:

Also we want these talks to be entertaining and give the celebrity/ies an oportunity to shine. I mentioned the Dr Who talks at the top as I think this would be the most sensitive talk IMO. Do you want to sit through several people asking who kissed better, Matt or David? I am pretty sure Alex and Georgia do not. :lol: I can so see this happening!

I hope newbies will read that and think about what they want to ask and come up with original ideas as that would be more fun and interesting.

Isn't caitlin going to be in both who talks aswell?

:huh:

Also we want these talks to be entertaining and give the celebrity/ies an oportunity to shine. I mentioned the Dr Who talks at the top as I think this would be the most sensitive talk IMO. Do you want to sit through several people asking who kissed better, Matt or David? I am pretty sure Alex and Georgia do not. :WINCE: I can so see this happening!

Isn't caitlin going to be in both who talks aswell?

Yes, Caitlin and Alex are in the talk for both days, Nina and Arthur on Saturday, Georgia and Frances on Sunday.

Very strange as saturday is basically Amelia, Rory and their daughter twice ;) (River and Mels) :lol: timey wimey wibbly wobbly :D

What's the set-up for wheelchair placing in the talks, does anyone know? Since I'll be in one this time, I'm wondering, before I get my talk ticket...

Please e-Mail info@showmastersonline.com with "FAO TooTall" in the headline, he can hopefully confirm.

At ME shows a couple of chairs were removed for my friend's husband who was in a wheelchair, but the hotel cons may work differently than EMS.

What's the set-up for wheelchair placing in the talks, does anyone know? Since I'll be in one this time, I'm wondering, before I get my talk ticket...

Please e-Mail info@showmastersonline.com with "FAO TooTall" in the headline, he can hopefully confirm.

Done, thank you. :) Hoping not to end up right at the back, since my eyesight's not as good as it used to be either. :lol:

Done, thank you. :) Hoping not to end up right at the back, since my eyesight's not as good as it used to be either. :lol:

Is it about one of the paid for talks?

At ME the chairs were removed in about the area he would have sat per his ticket number. I'd imagine they'd do the same at the paid for talks at EMS, but this is really just a personal guess.

Can I make an appeal to have the seats numbered and not just the rows? With the seats being numbered, you really feel like you're getting what you pay for. If you have a great aisle seat, then that's what you've got. I don't like this idea of letting a whole row in on a first come first served basis. Where the folk who have been loitering for ages and get in first get the pick of the best seats within that row.