Child Entry Tickets

Alipeeps

Bit of a possibly daft question here but I can't find the info anywhere in the online shop... how old do kids have to be before you have to buy a Child Entry ticket for them?

I'll be bringing along my 2 year old and my 9 month old (start em young! :lol:). Am guessing/hoping I don't need to buy separate entry tickets for kids that young?

Bear with me, I am seeking confirmation the policy concerning Early Bird tickets and children.

Thanks for that. I've bought Early Bird tickets for hubby and I so if I do need to get tickets for the kids then they'll kind of need to be coming in with hubby and I, even though the Child tickets are standard only! :lol:

Edited by Alipeeps

The last time I worked the front door, the cut off for 'needing a ticket' was around 2 or 3 - I can't remember exactly and it may have changed, as this was over a year ago now.

I am prett sure it was three, but hopefully Adrian will find confirmation. Otherwise I'll check tomorrow and post here. For photoshoots children that young definitely didn't need a ticket.

My aunt queried about it for LFCC and was told that she would have to purchase a ticket for her new born, we thought it was disgusting but it may be different with EMS. Wait to see what 1of2 comes back with.

Where did she query, on the forum?

The ticket rules are the same for all SM events and respectively the ME shows. So if she was given that info it was definitely wrong and I apologize.

Thanks for that. I've bought Early Bird tickets for hubby and I so if I do need to get tickets for the kids then they'll kind of need to be coming in with hubby and I, even though the Child tickets are standard only! :lol:
Sorry, I have failed in my search for the information. I have requested clarification from SM. We will let you know as soon as possible.

I bought a standard entry ticket for £3 for my little boy (he is 4) who came to his first show , LFCC earlier this year. I thought that was pretty good value.

Just for the £3 he saw some cool cars (Batmobile, Delorean, Monkees car), he did some drawing in Artists Alley, watched James Bamford's stunt show, played in the Harry Potter area, saw the fencing demonstration and had his photo with Spidey and R2-D2.

I don't think you would find many places where you would get all that for £3.

As a comparison I paid £5.50 the other day for him to see Cars 2 at the Cinema.

So I think £3 is good value.

On a more general note I do think more could be done for people with kids in the future (many of us have been going to showmasters events for years and now have our own families we bring as well, so it would be good to look at how events can be improved to make them more family friendly).

Thanks for that. I've bought Early Bird tickets for hubby and I so if I do need to get tickets for the kids then they'll kind of need to be coming in with hubby and I, even though the Child tickets are standard only! :thumbup:
Sorry, I have failed in my search for the information. I have requested clarification from SM. We will let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks for that. Your effort is much appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a possibly daft question here but I can't find the info anywhere in the online shop... how old do kids have to be before you have to buy a Child Entry ticket for them?

I'll be bringing along my 2 year old and my 9 month old (start em young! :thumbup:). Am guessing/hoping I don't need to buy separate entry tickets for kids that young?

Apologies for the delay. Early Bird entry is free for children under the age of 4. For everybody else (i.e. aged 4 and over) it is £12.