latest guest Announcement - David Tennant

showmasters

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came home after seeing Fright Night and David Tennant was the absolutely best thing about the whole movie! He was hilarious! Just one question about the autographs - is it ok to bring an item for him to sign, like for example the season 4 box of Doctor Who? Or is it strictly photographs he signs?

No you're welcome to bring your own stuff :( (assuming its not a nude photo of him or something!... ;) ) haha!

But then all the people meeting him for things other than DW would be rather annoyed that the Doctor was in their shoot ;)

Its why Alex didnt have a Tardis in hers. She wasnt there just for DW.

Lots of Potter, Casanova and Fright Night fans will be having shoots with David, I'm sure they'd rather he was just David.

I know no-ones mentioned this yet but David was pretty awesome in Harry Potter I've gotta admit. I swear to god BEST BARTY CROUCH JR EVER!

For movie portrayal of a character, isn't he the only Barty Crouch Junior? It's like for example saying to someone that doesn't like Billie Piper 'but wasn't she the best Rose Tyler ever'...

It's like for example saying to someone that doesn't like Billie Piper 'but wasn't she the best Rose Tyler ever'...

Not a great example since there were two other Roses in Father's Day. :lol:

Shush, you know what I mean :YAHOO: none of them got onto the credits I don't think so doesn't count lol.

I have the photoshoot+ Early bird

If me and my friend start queuing for David's photo op at 9ish would that be cool?

Do you mean to get in, in the first place, or for the photoshoot?

If you have a photoshoot ticket you will get your picture. There's no need to stand about for at least 2 hours, when there will be other photoshoots happening. You are only allowed to join the actual queue, rather than the one the crew will ask people to form in readiness for the photoshoot, when your ticket number is called. It's not a free for all.

Edited by laurab1

Yeah actually people DO NOT just hang around the photo area before the shoot. It just creates even more congestion and confusion and stress around an already-busy area.

David will most likely be in area A, which is usually the busiest photo area as its the busier guests. There wont be down-time around there before his shoot. There will just be loads of people there for the current shoot.

ONLY go over there when it is actually his shoot time. And then, probably only if you are tickets 1-50. It will probably be called 1-50, then 1-100 soon after, carrying on like this for the shoot till all numbers are called. The Shoot will run much smoother if no one is just milling about around there untill their numbe ris up/mere minutes from being called.

I know no one will listen as no one ever does and its always a silly mass of people, but I thought I'd try and help the crew out :jason:

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

If me and my friend start queuing for David's photo op at 9ish would that be cool?

Do you mean to get in the first place, or for the photoshoot?

If you have a photoshoot ticket you will get your picture. There's no need to stand about for at least 2 hours, when there will be other photoshoots happening. You are only allowed to join the actual queue, rather than the one the crew will ask people to form in readiness for the photoshoot, when your ticket number is called. It's not a free for all.

What she said. :jason:

It will be absolutely sufficient if you are there at the announced time. Seeing the shoot is sold out the crew will probably call groups of 30 or 50 to get some order in the queue. But there is really no need to rush for the photo area straight at opening. It's even likely you'll be send away then because other shoots will be running.

• Showmasters Admin

Do you mean to get in the first place, or for the photoshoot?

What she said. :poki:

It will be absolutely sufficient if you are there at the announced time. Seeing the shoot is sold out the crew will probably call groups of 30 or 50 to get some order in the queue. But there is really no need to rush for the photo area straight at opening. It's even likely you'll be send away then because other shoots will be running.

Trust me, YOU WILL be sent away if you turn up for a photo shoot more than 15-20 minutes early! You'll just be getting in the way of the queue for the photo shoot before yours.

i was only comming on sat till sm annoced david tennent so i booked the train back and got a poto shoot this as added £180 just 4 the extrx day however i have 2 problems the 1st is i will not get to the con till 10.00 am due to train times coming from derby will i be able to get a vitul q ticket and get a aurto by 18.00 as i have to get the train back 4 19.00 and the next one i will be bringing my 4 boys age range 5-13 problem is i only had enough to buy 1 photo shoot with dt and the poto shooot 4 all 4 of them would cost me £140 do u think thay would allow all the children to have a photo shoot insted of a adult and would thay all b all alloewd or just 1 or 2 of them ?

• Moderators

Will you get a VQ ticket? Yes. Can we guarantee that you'll see DT by the time the event closes? No. However, if you do stick around all day, you have the best chance. You will certainly be seen towards the end of the day if you DO get seen though.

The photo shoot tickets are one per person unfortunately.

I know I shouldn't speculate and obviously we probably wont know until the morning when we get in the venue but do you think that DT will be doing personalisations? I think he is a fast signer so just wondering if it would be a possibility?

Karen was fast, I highly doubt he will personalise purely so that as many people can meet him possible. I could be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not expecting it...

I know I shouldn't speculate and obviously we probably wont know until the morning when we get in the venue but do you think that DT will be doing personalisations? I think he is a fast signer so just wondering if it would be a possibility?

I've convinced myself 99% that he won't be doing personalisations. Purely because of the number of people who will want an autograh in the available time.