Autographica guests

Napoleon

I'm sorry to sound negative, but this is another Autographica i will not be attending. I personally think the quality of the guests is below average for an Autographica event. With attendance figures going down this isn't going to help with poor guests. Sorry again, i'v e attended all Autographica's except the last one. Whats happened to a big Hollywood actors, what about cosmonauts which was advertised on the fliers?

That's one hell of a first post!

Guest lists are always a matter of personal taste, personally I'm very happy with the guests announced so far, plenty of variety and quality across the board especially when you take into account the financial constraints Dave and the team must be working under.

I am certainly hoping for more on the Film/TV front. Hollywood Legends are few and far between (at least those on the signing circuit) but more headlining British actors/actresses would be welcome. However, there are still six weeks to go and anything is possible. Some more stars of a similar stature to Susan Hampshire would be great! We have an eclectic range of character actors at the moment - am looking forward to more announcements.

That's one hell of a first post!

Guest lists are always a matter of personal taste, personally I'm very happy with the guests announced so far, plenty of variety and quality across the board especially when you take into account the financial constraints Dave and the team must be working under.

I totaly agree with you, but compared to the first 15 Autographicas this one is poor (my opinion), i do hope more top guests will be anounced.

Maybe expectation is to blame for us all feeling a bit flat about the event so far.

When the other show was cancelled, we were told that there was so many additional months to get a great guest list together, then all these threads about suggesting types of guests..... which built up, and built up....

Now it seems that the larger London events have the limelight, and all the above has been a little forgotten.

Perhaps its better to get the guest list sorted, before cranking up the hype machine.

It just seems that now they're once a year, there's more emphasis on making it the best we possibly can.

Still I'm excited to meet Buzz. So I'll agree with count that I still am 'happy', if a little still confused.

Maybe expectation is to blame for us all feeling a bit flat about the event so far.

When the other show was cancelled, we were told that there was so many additional months to get a great guest list together, then all these threads about suggesting types of guests..... which built up, and built up....

Now it seems that the larger London events have the limelight, and all the above has been a little forgotten.

Perhaps its better to get the guest list sorted, before cranking up the hype machine.

It just seems that now they're once a year, there's more emphasis on making it the best we possibly can.

Still I'm excited to meet Buzz. So I'll agree with count that I still am 'happy', if a little still confused.

As i said, i don't mean to sound negative about this event as we need as many people to attend to keep Autographica going. I've attended them all except the last one. For an event like this to be a success you need to have crowd pullers. Autographica is a brilliant experiance wheather it's their first time or many times. Just to meet differant guests at Autographica compared to other events is amazing.

My dear Donkey you do seem to be taking all this rather personally!

I'm sorry if it upsets you that I am happy with a number of the guests that have been announced for the show, it just so happens that my own proclivities have been well catered for at this event!

Whilst I agree there are some Autographica patrons like yourself, who seem to wish to meet at any cost, an eclective mix of television personalities.

Some of these names however (and they are increasing at quite a rate) I'm struggling to see the mass appeal at the prices qouted.

At the end of the day, we've only got a certain number of guest slots to fill.

It doesn't upset me. I'm just yet more puzzled by our direction.

Edited by Donkey

Perhaps I just got lucky this time, there is a guest from my favourite film who is £15 and another guest from what I consider to be the best TV series ever made for only £10. Neither of those are going to break the bank.

Forgive me, I considered your involvement in so many of the announcement threads, as a confirmation that you'd be parting with your money.

It seems, your positivity, isn't matched with finacial outlay.

Unhelpful mixed signals to the organisers perhaps?.

Edited by Donkey

I was just using those two guests as examples, perhaps I should have been clearer.

Anyway shall we move on from this now, this all seems to be getting rather repetative and I think its fair to be said we obviously look at things very differently so we are rarely going to agree .

Perhaps if you could avoid referring to me directly in your posts I won't feel quite so compelled to respond!

Edited by Count Fooku

Sorry, Donkey, but how is the price of an autograph indicative of how much the Count is planning to drop at a show? If he has multiple items he figures just MUST be inscribed.. then the odds on getting everything signed increases if the unit price is lower. Plus his desires would be quenched at a better cost, than if he had to get a new credit card to sate his proclivities..

Personally, the soon to be Fastest Man on Earth, two Moonwalkers, new to the circuit Bond Girls, plus a motoring Legend.. is quite enough.

Who would you want, then, Donkey..? Or should someone suggest you don't tell, them, Donkey.. to paraphrase a line said to another guest..

I think like an episode of Scooby Doo, I fear we've once again unmasked the Count. There is no further discussion needed on his spending.

In my message posted above, I achknowledged that there would be a small proportion of patrons extreamly happy with the line-up so far.

I can't help but think that this event however, is still being held together, and carried by the space guests. If they pulled out, the show would resembe the look of a ghost town. Make of that what you will, about the supporting line-up so far.

Edited by Donkey

im sort of on the fence with this subject.

I mean im very happy and so excited that michael cochrane will be there, id come for him alone. and the space guests are fantastic. AMAZING

the rest though are guests that have been to a few events this year and with the last autographica cxl, I was expecting this one to be bigger on every account, the bond girsl are cool but not on par with the last event.

still looks a good show, and man, BUZZ!! what a guest, amazing, shame I cant afford his auto.

The guest list at the moment is brilliant - even if the Space guests did drop out there are still enough outstanding guests for me to attend. As a huge Bond fan, new to the circuit Bond girls are a great addition, I adore Susan Hampshire and Sybil Danning.

If your not happy Donkey don't go.

Sorry, Donkey, but how is the price of an autograph indicative of how much the Count is planning to drop at a show? If he has multiple items he figures just MUST be inscribed.. then the odds on getting everything signed increases if the unit price is lower. Plus his desires would be quenched at a better cost, than if he had to get a new credit card to sate his proclivities..

Personally, the soon to be Fastest Man on Earth, two Moonwalkers, new to the circuit Bond Girls, plus a motoring Legend.. is quite enough.

Who would you want, then, Donkey..? Or should someone suggest you don't tell, them, Donkey.. to paraphrase a line said to another guest..

Erm, personally, i'd want at least one Hollywood legend!! (as mentioned on the website "Meet Hollywood legends, Astronauts and more..."). We fans aren't being catered for at all (so far anyway, but it could change with 1 announcement :blush: ).

The Space nuts and the Bond fanatics are obviously well pleased right now, but I can't help thinking the film fans are currently being ignored. Please don't suggest Susan Hampshire, Honor Blackman, Amanda Barrie or Rodney Bewes (no matter how good they are) can be classed as Hollywood legends 'cos it just aint true :P

Personally, i'm on the sidelines for this show at the moment. It's not worth the travelling for me so far....

Hello,

I don`t understand the dissatisfaction with the guest list of Autographica 17.

We have brilliant guests until now and I`m sure, Dave and his team are looking for further famous guests for the show.

I think,every fan of astronauts,movie stars,etc.in UK should be happy, to have showmasters and their amazing events. In Germany,you don`t find shows like Autographica so I must travel to London to visit such beautiful event. And of course it´s worth to go and so Ì`m a great fan of Autographica now. At Autographica,I had my most beautiful meetings with astronauts,actresses and actors until now.And Ì`m looking forward with a great joy to October to have more beautiful meetings there as well.

Best

Helmut