Travel to the venue

shawlax

Hi, just wondering if anyone else was getting into london via Kings cross on the friday and actually knows the london layout ;)

Shawlax

I'm arriving via Kings Cross on the Friday. I was assuming there would be a tube to Heathrow then a bus to the hotel, but I don't know much about the bus other than that it exists!

• 2 months later...

Hi, just wondering if anyone else was getting into london via Kings cross on the friday and actually knows the london layout :D

Shawlax

I'm arriving via Kings Cross on the Friday. I was assuming there would be a tube to Heathrow then a bus to the hotel, but I don't know much about the bus other than that it exists!

what time?

• Moderators

The Picadilly line goes from King's Cross (or anywhere in central London where you can connect to that line) right to Heathrow. Heathrow connect is faster but involves more changes.

There are several buses from Heathrow Central bus station (Terminals 1,2,3 on the tube). If I'm remembering correctly, the 105, 140 and 285 all go to the hotel. It's also within the Heathrow Free Transfer area so you don't have to pay for any of these buses.

The stop you will want is the 'New Road' stop on Bath Road. The buses all have displays with what the next stop is, and you can see the hotel from the bus right before the stop.

The Picadilly line goes from King's Cross (or anywhere in central London where you can connect to that line) right to Heathrow. Heathrow connect is faster but involves more changes.

The tube is also cheaper than the National Rail Services (which run from Paddington - Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect).

The tube single fare from Central London to Heathrow is £5 cash, and with an Oyster card it's £4.50 (Monday to Friday from 0630 to 0930 and from 1600 to 1900) and £2.70 at all other times.

By contrast, the Heathrow Connect single fare is £8.50 and the heathrow Express is £18.

Tip for anyone coming in by car: Your maps are probably telling you to come in via M25 Junction 15, but do yourself a favour and check out the route via Junction 14 as well. It's a tad longer but, if the M4 junction's snarled up, it's much less headache enducing.

Tip for anyone coming in by car: Your maps are probably telling you to come in via M25 Junction 15, but do yourself a favour and check out the route via Junction 14 as well. It's a tad longer but, if the M4 junction's snarled up, it's much less headache enducing.

Thanks for that information, this'll be my first drive into London so most helpful. :firedevil:

xxx

We are getting a coach to Heathrow central bus station and plan to get a hoppa bus to the hotel. Can someone tell me what terminal I get it from? Is it 1,2 or 3? Also how long does the hoppa bus take? Looked at timetables but it's got me a bit confused. Many thanks. It doesn't take much to confuse me!

Edited by Tina

• Moderators

Terminals 1,2,3 only have one bus station between them, as far as I know, which is the Heathrow central station. I've never caught the hoppa bus so can't tell you how long it takes (have always just caught the free local bus, mainly because it's, well... free, compared to the £4 hoppa bus. that only takes about 10 minutes though so hoppa bus probably similar)

We are getting a coach to Heathrow central bus station and plan to get a hoppa bus to the hotel. Can someone tell me what terminal I get it from? Is it 1,2 or 3? Also how long does the hoppa bus take? Looked at timetables but it's got me a bit confused. Many thanks. It doesn't take much to confuse me!

The Hoppa buses go from T1 - you have to walk there from the central bus station, where the coaches come in to. I used a Hoppa bus after last year's Hallowhedon, from the Thistle, and I think that took about 20 minutes. They all have a number of hotels that they serve. While they do go to the door of the hotel, you have to pay on them. It's not the easiest place in the world to navigate, the central bus station, but the local buses that go from there are free to the hotel, remember.

Thanks for replies. Where do I catch the free bus from at Heathrow? I've just seen where I get off on Bath Road. Where would I catch it back to Heathrow Central Bus Station and are they quite regular? Thanks again for putting up with my questions!

Edited by Tina

Thanks for replies! The free bus where do I catch that from and where would I get off? Also how regular are they? Thanks.

Scroll up a bit in this thread - etmuse answered some of that yesterday :firedevil:

Spotted that just as I sent post. :YAHOO:

• Moderators

The bus stop back to Heathrow is just across the road and along a tiny bit from the hotel. There's a bus at least every 5-10 minutes during the day, and at least some of the free buses run 24 hours a day.

The bus stop back to Heathrow is just across the road and along a tiny bit from the hotel. There's a bus at least every 5-10 minutes during the day, and at least some of the free buses run 24 hours a day.

Thank you so much for all your helpful info. The free bus we'll be getting. :YAHOO: