DR WHO FANS WARNING

showmasters

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping for Murray Gold!!

that would be good, but a talk id be more interested in from him.

some of his music is genius, tear inducing, but also im not a fan of his general incidental music, its too intrusive, loud, generic and reminds me of alot of the incidental music to the star wars trilogy which bugged me. but his themes and emotional cues are just magnificent!

Maybe the title should be "NON Dr Who fan warning..."

Please add a bit of variety!

Have to agree with this, I hope there will be plenty of other guests other than those related to Doctor Who. I understand it is a hugely popular series but not everyone is interested in it, I am happy that people are getting to meet certain guests but to others, it means nothing. Please get a good mixture of other guests to attend and not just the odd one annoucened against five new Who guests.

If it is bombarded with Who guests, then I don't think it will be worth the travel to meet just 2 or 3 guests. We will see what happens.

I do agree also, its nice that they are getting so many, but too me dr who doesnt mean squat and it seems like these shows get bombarded with it all the time. I understand there will be 'other' guests also but it does seem like most of the guest announcements have something to do with dr who. At the moment im debating whether to come to this one as there is only 1 guest i am interested in at the moment.....Im not complaining, its a great even regardless, i just agree there should be a bit more variety too

• Moderators

Based on the website's 42 guests:

11 Doctor Who guests (advertised as their main 'thing')

31 non-Who guests

I really don't understand why people are complaining about the variety. Just because someone only wants to meet 1 guest, it doesn't mean there's 'no variety' .. it just means the ones they have don't interest you!

31 non-Who guests

I really don't understand why people are complaining about the variety. Just because someone only wants to meet 1 guest, it doesn't mean there's 'no variety' .. it just means the ones they have don't interest you!

It is rather silly I mean sure we all have people we wish we could meet but you know how much I'd kill to meet someone as awesome as Alex Kingston or Arthur Darville :P I mean these guys are really amazing not just for turning up to have a memorable time with the fans but for their heart and how much effort they put into what they do. I love Acting and I love any chance I can get to meet anyone who loves Acting that much and does it so very well. It's the Season Finale and to meet them on the same day they get to see their series aired is awesome.

The Reason there is so many Doctor Who guests is because this the year and Jason bless him has done an Amazing Job of making sure the fans and the guests have an extraordinary time with those they admire. However it's a long shot to say that's all this is I mean he's pulling out all the stops Video Games, Cosplayers, All kinda fun for everyone and he'll always keep doing his best so everyone can have a great time.

Just because Steven Segall won't be turning up to your birthday party anytime soon doesn't mean it won't be a smexy event.

31 non-Who guests

It is rather silly I mean sure we all have people we wish we could meet but you know how much I'd kill to meet someone as awesome as Alex Kingston or Arthur Darville :P I mean these guys are really amazing not just for turning up to have a memorable time with the fans but for their heart and how much effort they put into what they do. I love Acting and I love any chance I can get to meet anyone who loves Acting that much and does it so very well. It's the Season Finale and to meet them on the same day they get to see their series aired is awesome.

The Reason there is so many Doctor Who guests is because this the year and Jason bless him has done an Amazing Job of making sure the fans and the guests have an extraordinary time with those they admire. However it's a long shot to say that's all this is I mean he's pulling out all the stops Video Games, Cosplayers, All kinda fun for everyone and he'll always keep doing his best so everyone can have a great time.

Just because Steven Segall won't be turning up to your birthday party anytime soon doesn't mean it won't be a smexy event.

Oh defintely think it will be a great event regardless. It always is, And if Steven Seagal turned up i definitly wouldnt go lol (i dont like him) I agree everyone has a right for it and im sure if i was a dr who fan i would be peeing my pants right about now at this event which is amazing for them guys. Im just hoping there will be more different stuff going on too. This is my last comic con here so im looking to go out with a bang so to speak......Jason does a great Job at all the events, the LFCC was awesome!

I can't wait to hear what other guests you guys get! Joe Flanigan is my personal highlight so far :wub:

I'm not into Dr. Who but if those guests bring in money to make the event bigger, by all means, have them come!!!

Now, if there'd be a Twilight or - dare I hope - Vampire Diaries guest, I'd be one happy girl :P

31 non-Who guests

It is rather silly I mean sure we all have people we wish we could meet but you know how much I'd kill to meet someone as awesome as Alex Kingston or Arthur Darville :D I mean these guys are really amazing not just for turning up to have a memorable time with the fans but for their heart and how much effort they put into what they do. I love Acting and I love any chance I can get to meet anyone who loves Acting that much and does it so very well. It's the Season Finale and to meet them on the same day they get to see their series aired is awesome.

Oh defintely think it will be a great event regardless. It always is, And if Steven Seagal turned up i definitly wouldnt go lol (i dont like him) I agree everyone has a right for it and im sure if i was a dr who fan i would be peeing my pants right about now at this event which is amazing for them guys. Im just hoping there will be more different stuff going on too. This is my last comic con here so im looking to go out with a bang so to speak......Jason does a great Job at all the events, the LFCC was awesome!

I can't wait to hear what other guests you guys get! Joe Flanigan is my personal highlight so far :dance:

I'm not into Dr. Who but if those guests bring in money to make the event bigger, by all means, have them come!!!

Now, if there'd be a Twilight or - dare I hope - Vampire Diaries guest, I'd be one happy girl :drool:

Well Said Chaps I'll be honest I'm not a fan of Vampire Flics anymore because when Entertainment took a hold of Dracula and turned him into a Teen looking for love it kinda ruined the whole effect. That said A vampire diaries guest would be awesome.

I would personally love to see some comedy actors.

Hoping for Murray Gold!!

some of his music is genius, tear inducing, but also im not a fan of his general incidental music, its too intrusive, loud, generic and reminds me of alot of the incidental music to the star wars trilogy which bugged me. but his themes and emotional cues are just magnificent!

You say that like it's a bad thing... Plus music is added post production so it's down to the editors how loud the volume of music is.

Hoping for Murray Gold!!

You say that like it's a bad thing... Plus music is added post production so it's down to the editors how loud the volume of music is.

what?

also forgetting about the volume, i still am not a massive fan of his incidental music or the meant to be amusing cues and very often there is music where there really needn't be, just for the sake of music being there, again that might also be down to the production team, but his themes are superb, amazing so I hope he stays on for a long time

I'm hoping Mary Tamm gets announced as she had to cancel for LFCC. I've met her once before and she is lovely. Lalla Ward would be great to, a photoshoot with both Romana's, pretty please SM :)

Lalla is very difficult to pin down. To be honest even if announced half of us wouldn't believe she's show until we saw her at the table, it wouldn't be the first time.

Mary is doing a Tenth Planet signing in two weeks.

• Showmasters Admin

Adam,

Everyone is allowed their opinion. I'm conserned that your post comes over as a bit condescending, and with your avatar showing you are SM crew people may assume you speak in some part for the shows. So please think before you post.

Stuart.

Adam,

Everyone is allowed their opinion. I'm conserned that your post comes over as a bit condescending, and with your avatar showing you are SM crew people may assume you speak in some part for the shows. So please think before you post.

Stuart.

Your right I'm sorry Too Tall. All I meant to say is no matter what guests there are your almost guaranteed to have an awesome time because theres so much more to it than just 1 part.

I apologise if I offended anyone just saying never underestimate the awesomeness of something so big and so great.

Adam.

• Showmasters Admin

Adam,

Stuart.

Your right I'm sorry Too Tall. All I meant to say is no matter what guests there are your almost guaranteed to have an awesome time because theres so much more to it than just 1 part.

I apologise if I offended anyone just saying never underestimate the awesomeness of something so big and so great.

Adam.

Adam,

That's cool, just be aware that "tone" is very difficult to get across on the web.

I understand what you're saying but for a lot of people guests are everything, it's guests that make the difference if they're going to spend the money on travel/hotel etc.

Cheers,

Stuart.

All I meant to say is no matter what guests there are your almost guaranteed to have an awesome time because theres so much more to it than just 1 part. .

Adam.

wait what forum am I on? lol

for me its all about the guests, anything else is a bonus. rarely will I go to an event where im not into any of the guests, so far ive never done this.

maybe a few years down the line my stance might change, depends on how many guests I meet, but I always try to book the lfcc, cmmk, cmL dates off work even before guests are announced cos I know there will be at least 1 person im really interested in (usually its 20 lol)

I have a different view in regards the ME cons though, I wont book blind for those type of events