any news?

Izzy

May I say that I for one, will attend this con should only ONE minor LOTR guest attend!

If there was sufficient interest on both guest and attendee levels at this stage, then more positive progress would have been made.

These events, as wonderful as they are for enthusiasts, are run for profit, not loss. No guest wants to 'headline' at a doomed con. So we need to keep the faith and hope that we will eventually be able to reconvene in Middle Earth asap.

My own feeling is that this event may not be feasible until after the screening of the first HOBBIT film. If so - that's fine. We will continue to follow the road, if we can and for however long the journey.

I will gleefully crew this event for free. No joke intended!

your faithful servant, in eternal Fellowship

can we at least get an update on wether the origonal guests are still attending? surley that should be a solid yes or no by now.

I havn't refunded my ticket because I really want this event to happen but its a bit worrying that the banner isnt even on the website anymore :(

If there was sufficient interest on both guest and attendee levels at this stage, then more positive progress would have been made.

My own feeling is that this event may not be feasible until after the screening of the first HOBBIT film. If so - that's fine. We will continue to follow the road, if we can and for however long the journey.

I don't mean to sound rude but how is that fine? we're supposed to just pay for tickets then wait and wait and wait whilst getting no updates for months? this isn't a "journey", they're a buisness who I have bought tickets from and they should have updated us by now, frankly it feels like they're taking the p*ss, or like they've forgotten they even started organising this and wandered off to do something else.

there would be sufficient interest if we had something to be interested in but they're not telling us anything!

does anyone even still have tickets or has everyone got a refund? am I the only person who feels like a complete chump keeping my ticket and holding out for them to announce a guest? is it gonna be cancelled?will anyone even reply to this message? my questions are endless!

I've still got my Gold ticket CaspianX but like you getting a bit "that way" on the no news front B)

Trying to remain patient as I have had mega showmasters memories with LOTR peeps but 3 months to go and no update at all for ages is commercially not good enough to its customers who have paid good money for the event.

I have to agree Im disapointed this doesnt appear to be going ahead. SM should be upfront and say at least were still working on it and trying our hardest but with the banner gone its not a great sign.

Personally I would now wait till after the first hobbit film as everyone will be conning again and they will all be in demand.

But still...

Sad LOTRs Con Girl is sad.

Yes I noticed the banner was gone on their website, doesn't bode well, does it?

Its not boded well for a while tbh. I know David said recently that there working on it but to not have even one guest (Even like Mark Fergy who just stabs an orc and then you never seem him again) isnt good and for SM to have gone very quiet another.