any news?

Izzy

hi everyone,

not being funny but is anyone else worried about the lack of updates on this event? it just seems a bit like we got some party themes, then a guest cancellation, then we get asked to do promotion...i dont know if this is how these things always work but i'd just feel a bit better about having bought my ticket if it seemed like there was still stuff happening behind the scenes...

thanks

Caspian x

There will be work going on behind the scenes. The fact party themes have been announced means the weekend is in full planning mode. A guest cancellation is nothing new in convention circles and I am 100% certain that Massive Events will be ringing agents etc to secure even more guests.

then we get asked to do promotion..

Massive Events and Showmasters know that there are many circles of friends and fans within this and other entertainment genres. It, in my opinion, is a sensible move to ask us as fans to spread the word. More people that come mean more money invested in the event and even more for the attendees to have to do, people to meet and special attractions to have.

Edited by Simondo

Agreed. I truly hope this con goes ahead. Will be like the good old days back at early collectormania days (not that these days are bad at all). Some news would be appreciated. We have seen cons get cancelled in the past i really hope this one doesnt suffer the same fait as it is long over due and sure it would and will be a great weekend.

I too am concerened at the lack of info about this event.

If it's going to get pulled, I would rather know sooner than later so I can make alternative arrangement for my weekend off.

I know that there was a similar even planned a few years ago which got ganked. I want this event to happen, but I just can't see it at this late stage.

You've got 3 guests and party themes which is about the same as every other convention had before Hub 7 got updated today, so I doubt it'll be cancelled

You had more guests for muggle mayhem 2 yet that got cancelled due to nobody buying tickets. The 3 guests for this event simply aren't going to shift many tickets.

Without a big name in next few weeks I can't unfortunately see this event going ahead.

The 3 guests for this event simply aren't going to shift many tickets.

Without a big name in next few weeks I can't unfortunately see this event going ahead.

Hmmm...so John Rhys Davies is not a big name? Main cast for the LOTR Trilogy?

There are a fair number of Rings fans who think he is a big guest.

The 3 guests for this event simply aren't going to shift many tickets.

Hmmm...so John Rhys Davies is not a big name? Main cast for the LOTR Trilogy?

There are a fair number of Rings fans who think he is a big guest.

Yes he's a good guest if you haven't already met him...but he's done Five SM related events and a large part of the target market have already met him. I know they said they're working on trying to get rarer guests, and I wish them luck on it!

I really want to come to this but I would be happier to book with a few more names on the table. Not necessarily big ones - the extras are often great guests - and I don't mind people I have met before at all as I am a con-goer not an autograph collector (and I have met a lot of the LOTR people over the years).

I remember the huge disappointment when the last LOTR con folded. Please reassure!!!

I'm waiting for some more guests for this at the moment. I really want to go but am running drastically low on pennies now & there is another con the same month that I want to do. I am a con goer but at the moment I've met all the guests who have been announced bar Eothain so with the lack of cash I can't justify it at the moment

It's a difficult situation for me. I'm all about the guests andn autographs. I realise that they need people to buy tickets in order to afford the big guests but I am holding out unless there are guests that I'm interested in seeing. I miss the LOTR people at the big SM shows like CM MK or LFFC. Would be great to have someone like bernard hill or miranda otto back again.

Don't get me wrong, I want this event to happen. I love me some LotR geekness and dressing up for the weekend.

I think John Rhys Davies is a fab guest, and I loved meeting him afew years ago. He was very accomodating and friendly.

I don't go for the guests, I go for the atmosphere and to have a good time. Some of the "smaller" guests and extras have been more entertaining over the years, and it is a shame that they are missing from the line up.

With less than two months to go, the outlook doesn't look good. I hope that we will see some info or updates soon!

I think it's awful that no update has been given, all those who have booked tickets are being shafted! I'm so glad I hung on.

Come on organizers you announced this con with such fanfare, now it seems like a dud fizz

Why are ticket purchasers being shafted?

The event is more than 6 weeks away. Massive Events & Showmasters run many events. Guest announcements, as regular forum visitors would know, are subject to a signed contract.

Just because Sala has signed for EMS doesn't mean this event is done as some seem to think elsewhere on this forum.

I wonder if those people who have posted about Sala's EMS announcement signals this event's cancellation that hasn't even been announced, may have considered that he is not available the weekend of the event?

Hmmmm

Edited by Simondo

I think it's awful that no update has been given, all those who have booked tickets are being shafted! I'm so glad I hung on.

Come on organizers you announced this con with such fanfare, now it seems like a dud fizz

Given that ME is quite capable of pulling some amazing guests out of the hat in the last couple of weeks before a con, I'm not throwing in the towel quite yet and I don't regret having booked my ticket. OK, Sala being announced for EMS does suggest he may not be able make this, but it's not the end just yet.

Sala being announced for EMS does suggest he may not be able make this

Why? It's very possible that he'll be attending both events and unless there's a cancellation announcement that's what I assume is happening.

Sala being announced for EMS does suggest he may not be able make this

Why? It's very possible that he'll be attending both events and unless there's a cancellation announcement that's what I assume is happening.

Oh, yes, it is possible. I wasn't completely writing him off as an attendee at this con or anything. The element of doubt is because unless he's planning to stay in the UK for a couple of months, that's two sets of hefty flight fees for SM/ME to pay for him in a relatively short space of time, no? Isn't he based in New Zealand? They might still do that anyway, in which case, great, but I can't think of any examples where they've flown an actor over again so soon after an event. (Which is not to say it can't be done!) If he's not in NZ (or he is staying over), then you can ignore what I said on that score - I'm still positive about the rest anyway, even if I haven't a clue about costumes. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Any updates will be given when there's solid information to share.

The cons don't really get organised in 'order' so I wouldn't take notice of what's going on elsewhere. Sometimes we can get guests for Oct before we get closer ones etc.

ME will update when they can :(