Thanks to SM and all the crew!

Elspeth

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone at SM for making this weekend possible and to the entire crew who were amazing!

I know Glasgow isn't the biggest event but I really appreciate you guys coming up and putting on a great weekend! It's such a different event to the likes of CM and LLFC but every bit as good. :o

So basically just thanks so much for all your hard work!

Yeah, absolutely i know how much time it must take to orignise and arrange - it may not be as big as some of the other events, but it has a lot of heart and grows more and more popular every year.

I can't wait to go again next year, hope some of the guests who didn't make it can come along.

Yup, most crew were ace. Only problem I had was the photoshoot

Woman who was rude. Nothing in particular done to me, just the way she was speaking to people. Like she would rather have been anywhere but there, and sorry but if you're not willing to have decent person to person chat and contact don't bother being crew?

Unfortunately on this occasion the one selfish crew member upset my saturday. It was a crew member TALKING with no regard to paying Guests for over 20 minutes at a time, leaving attendees to decide to engage with the Guest on another occasion that day. Silly really because the Guest was rather quiet most times.

This crew member not naming names is well known and I stress was not the Guest's assistant but rather a crew member with obvious 'delusions of grandeur' (in reference to Star Wars) and I assume was either newly promoted to this position or was uniformed of what regards to show attendees.

I must say the girl crew member was exceptional today when my Husband met Annette Jones. Very nice to my Husband and a credit to the show. :D

EDIT

Decided not to post any more comments. Please ignore this edit. I will instead once I have time email directly.

Edited by anniekins

Aye the crew on the whole were very good. Some exceptional, professional and polite, most polite and accomodating. One letting the side down but statistically insignificant when put in context.

I'm sure that person will be educated on awareness in the future.

We all had a great time too. The crew that I met were really nice to me and my mates.

All the guests that I met were super nice, and I would love to meet any of them again.

I hope that Jason or one of the team let us know what they thought of this years event. It'd good to know that next years show is secure (so I can start saving up now).

All the best...

I hope that Jason or one of the team let us know what they thought of this years event. It'd good to know that next years show is secure (so I can start saving up now).

All the best...

I am interested in that too. There were conflicting rumours circulating from 9 am and changing by 11.30 am from all manner of sources. It would be good to know the forecast for the future too.

But I do think there needs to be an analysis of this years event anyhow. There are many factors that may have affected performance.

It might be too early to reach a conclusion until we find out the facts regarding the future.

*Edit*

I should mention these rumours started circulating on the saturday. I heard nothing today at all.

Edited by johnson1970

Was just snooping through the photos that some people have posted, and I noticed a poster on one that showed that there will be an event on next August (25 and 26th). Didn't see that when I was there.

That doesn't set it in stone or anything.

Fingers crossed we get to go again next year.

Good stuff!

It's nice to know these rumours are unfounded!

I am fond of Glasgow and support a Scottish show!

• Showmasters Admin

it was a good event the public seemed to like the event i think lots of you had lees to spend at the show whix is understandable but all in all the event is a strong one .

i do not know why there was rumours circulating we are here for good , this event broke even which is all we care about , and even if it lost money we would still stick with it .

we will work on a better guest list for next years event as it will help but the show seems to not be a guest driven show the fans seem to go to the event for what it is a fun show were you can meat up with your friends and buy some cool collectables , and go to the talks .

do not worry we are in it for the long run .

thank you all for coming and if you want to help just tell others of the show it all helps a lot :wub:

jason :gorgeous:

Had a great 2 days,

just the 30+ items signed by Mr Brooker, a few hellraiser, hostel,and a few police academy items aswell as "Stripe Gremlin",

the guests were amazing and were very chatty, Richard has a few interesting stories, and the Micheal winslow Talk had tears rolling down my face with laughter, that is one funny guy, I liked the Auction, although not enough Horror stuff (lol) however a few Horror items turned up to-day and was outbid on all of them, it seems the horror stuff although not as popular as other items, did outprice everything else, Ash,Chatterer etc...all seeling for over £40, well done to those who won those to items.

Thank you very much guys and gals for putting on a great show.

kindest regards

J.V.

it was a good event the public seemed to like the event i think lots of you had lees to spend at the show whix is understandable but all in all the event is a strong one .

i do not know why there was rumours circulating we are here for good , this event broke even which is all we care about , and even if it lost money we would still stick with it .

we will work on a better guest list for next years event as it will help but the show seems to not be a guest driven show the fans seem to go to the event for what it is a fun show were you can meat up with your friends and buy some cool collectables , and go to the talks .

thank you all for coming and if you want to help just tell others of the show it all helps a lot ;)

jason :P

Maybe next year you could get the Night is Day cast signing autographs ;)

Fraser

This was my first time at Collectormania and I had a blast, may need to put on the old Sith Robe & Jumpsuit for next year.

Would love to see some more horror signers as well. I was a little restrained with my spending, there were some autographs I came close to buying but talked myself out of it.

i forgot to mention in my first post ( you have to forgive me as i was shattered ) , but a very very special thak you to the photographer for taking some photos of my Steampunk costume and the 2 Lady crew members for assisting in a couple of pics

thank you all very much

Edited by Cocomando

I keep meaning to spend more time on these forums pre events but seem to always be too busy. Yet another fantastic event guys had a blast even though there were no guests I was specifically there to meet. Thank you for all the hard work!

thank you all for coming and if you want to help just tell others of the show it all helps a lot :angry:

jason :chair:

Jason

Thanks for a great show. If you look at last year I was one of those who did not come as I did not think the quality of guest was as good as in previous years. This year I think you got it spot on :

Robert Maschio - I am a big Scrubs fan and he was a joy to talk to and to listen to at his talk.

Michael Winslow - Great you could tie this in to his appearance at the Edinburgh Festival.

Adrian Rawlins - Good to have Harry Potter representation in the last year of the films (but could maybe do with others as well if possible. What about Katie Leung in future as she is from Motherwell)

John Levene was an absolute gentleman to talk to and was very encouraging with his advice for my son who is hoping to become an actor.

Given that Colin McCredie was there on Saturday for "Night is Day" how about a Taggart theme some time in the future ?

All in all I am glad I came along this time coming off the back of a week when I had been ill. It was a very enjoyable event even if on a much smaller scale than MK or LFCC.

Thanks again Jason and keep up the good work.

Murray

Edited by enrohm1963

I absolutely LOVED crewing this event!!!

Saturday Guest Assisting Barbara Nedeljakova who I got on famously with, and Sunday on the Information Booth.

Hope I didn't upset any attendees at all - eek!

Anyway, I did have several people come up and ask me if this years was the last CMG, and funny enough I heard that rumour last year too.

The posters were out for next years event on the Sunday, so all is good.

Looking forward to it, looking forward to (hopefully) crewing it again as this was one of the best ones I've been to.

And will someone please remind me around early May to look at flying or trains as I'm not ever doing overnight coach again - 12 hours there and 12 hours back - noooo thank you.

I would like to thank all of the crew who I worked with who were delightful, Adrian Rawlins for being a lovely guest to assist and all of the lovely attendees I met :) x

I am totally copying Chantelle, second crew for me and like to thank EVERYONE who were great ;) as always THANKS THANKS THANKS........... extra thanks to Justin - Roomie/Karen Mark - Lifts/Malcolm - advise/Joyce - good leader /Claire and Ange just for being great) ...... also thanks to showmasters for making it possible see you all soon

Sid :(