Showmasters, a thought PLZ READ!

• Moderators

Just leaving the original post edit for reference.

Multiple accounts are not allowed. If you're banned, you're banned for a reason. Please don't sign up with other accounts - especially not blatantly saying so :WINCE:

• Showmasters Admin

winter_soldier1980,

Firstly Collectormania Glasgow has never been at the SECC, that was a different show. We have only ever been at the Breahead Arena.

You say we don't take VALID criticism but all you've said is "get better guests or leave". I guess that could be considered "VALID" but this subject has been talked over many many times and it is never as simple as "book them and they will come".

The show "works" at the size it is. It doesn't make a huge amount of money but then it doesn't loss lots either. SM have been burnt in the past. They tried to start an MK/LFCC sized show in Manchester and put in some very good first time signers, but SM lost over £20k on each show they ran there.

If Glasgow lost SM £20K it would simply stop being run. Now you may think that's right and it should either be as big as MK/LFCC or not be run at all, but we get 3000+ attendees a day at Glasgow that I'm sure will disagree with you. They'd rather have a smaller show than none at all. SM are the ONLY player in town, they leave and you have nothing!

Yes it would be great if Brad Pitt was a guest, but you have no idea the fee he would ask for, it would be unlikely even an event like LFCC with 20,000 attendees could support it. The thing is if he (or any other BIG name) was announced for Glasgow we'd have many many issues to deal with, like the fact that the venue would no longer be big enough. I believe the hall limit is around 4,500-5000. If we did have Brad and 10,000 people come we'd have to have 5,000+ stood outside waiting to come in, now how great would you think the show was if you were one of those stood outside all day?

If you honestly have concerns about this show, please feel free to either e-mail (info@showmastersonline.com) or phone (01908 671138) to discuss your concerns. But trust me, "get bigger guests or stop" is not going to get much of a response.

Stuart.