latest guest announcement - DAME DIANA RIGG

showmasters

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guest! I'm going to be harder on cash by then so will have to pick only 5 people to meet. It's going to be tough though/ Luckilly I managed to get Diana's autograph outside the theatre not long ago but very well done for getting her here!

• Showmasters Admin

this is not the place to have this convesation

i am cleaning this up

please everyone start this up in a thread dedcated to this not hijaking a guests thread its really not fare if a guest pulls out becose of this i will be very unhappy and no one will get a auto at any price

this is amazing rare guest i cannot bleave you are having this argument in here please stop this and start up a thread if you need to , i do not mind the argument but not in here guys

mods please keep a eye on this

this is not the place to have this convesation

i am cleaning this up

please everyone start this up in a thread dedcated to this not hijaking a guests thread its really not fare if a guest pulls out becose of this i will be very unhappy and no one will get a auto at any price

this is amazing rare guest i cannot bleave you are having this argument in here please stop this and start up a thread if you need to , i do not mind the argument but not in here guys

mods please keep a eye on this

Well said - I'm surprised it wasn't cleaned up much sooner. Dame Diana is a fantastic guest and I'll be gutted if anything prevents her from attending.

That’s a coup getting Dame Diana.

I met her several times (along with friends) and whilst she signed Bond items, she flatly refused to sign any Avengers shots.

In fact before she signed any photo she asked people “Is this an Avengers picture ? Darling.â€

I did ask her why she didn’t like them, and she replied “Oh, The Avengers made me look Soooooo silly, darlingâ€.

Well, I didn't know about how difficult it is to get stuff signed by her. I met her a few years ago and she happily signed my Avengers book. The only thing she wouldn't do was photos which was fair enough as she said she had finished working. She was lovely. When payday rolls round i'm getting a photoshoot ticket.

Well, I didn't know about how difficult it is to get stuff signed by her. I met her a few years ago and she happily signed my Avengers book. The only thing she wouldn't do was photos which was fair enough as she said she had finished working. She was lovely. When payday rolls round i'm getting a photoshoot ticket.

That is interesting. Perhaps it's only when she is "surrounded" by people.

She was touring with "Suddenly Last Summer", at the Sheffield Lyceum. Only a few turned up at the stage door (perhaps 5-6), the stage door area is a glass sheet, so we could see her just waiting behind the door until her taxi came for her - She'd leave then, and sign a few items (although why she couldn't just pop out and do them earlier is anyones guess)... Perhaps she doesn't like crowds ?

I've heard some fairly bad stories about how people have treated her in the west end trying to get things signed so its perhaps no great surprise if she doesn't like crowds too much.

I think that is the big advantage of shows like this, everything is nice and orderly, much better for the guest and the punters

I've heard some fairly bad stories about how people have treated her in the west end trying to get things signed so its perhaps no great surprise if she doesn't like crowds too much.

That'll be the greedy commercial autograph dealers then - They spoil it for everyone.

Although she tended to be very elusive back in the early 1990's.

Once eBay came the autograph dealers started hassling the actors - Carrie Fisher stopped signing many years ago after getting fed-up of dealers heaving 20-30 10x8's in her face to sign.

I guess Dame Diana suffers from the same problem having things stuffed in her face after a performance.

That'll be the greedy commercial autograph dealers then - They spoil it for everyone.

Although she tended to be very elusive back in the early 1990's.

Once eBay came the autograph dealers started hassling the actors - Carrie Fisher stopped signing many years ago after getting fed-up of dealers heaving 20-30 10x8's in her face to sign.

I guess Dame Diana suffers from the same problem having things stuffed in her face after a performance.

When I met Diana it was at the stage door but there were only about 6 of us wanting one thing each signed. I also paid to see her in the play so wanted something signed and was not disappointed.

I have seen first hand just how greedy and rude some auto dealers can be and it's no surprise that some people just won't sign. They take everything too far and it hits a point when it just gets embarrassing and rude. There's no call for it and it does spoil it for the real fans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to know if there are still photoshoots with Diana Rigg available??

And do you know exactly when she will do autographs during the day ? morning, afternoon?

Thank you for your answer !

(Excuse my english, I'm French^^)

Hello,

I would like to know if there are still photoshoots with Diana Rigg available??

And do you know exactly when she will do autographs during the day ? morning, afternoon?

Thank you for your answer !

(Excuse my english, I'm French^^)

There are still photoshoots tickets available but they can only be bought on the day.

She will be signing for most of the day, other than when she is in the photoshoot and going for her dinner/ any breaks :)

Hi!

I've not really done this before and not sure what to do about asking for Diana's autograph for I wanted to get the limited Emma Peel card signed and stamped as well as my Limited edition 39 DVD set of the Avengers signed so do I need to go up twice?

Hi!

I've not really done this before and not sure what to do about asking for Diana's autograph for I wanted to get the limited Emma Peel card signed and stamped as well as my Limited edition 39 DVD set of the Avengers signed so do I need to go up twice?

You can get both items signed at the same time if you wish. Just be aware that it will cost £35 for each autograph.