This is a question I don't want the answer to be yes but as the

BLACKKNIGHTS

We are treading on a very fine line about not talking about other events here. So if everyone can please not get more detailed than the first post this would really be appreciated.

The number of these conventions has been going down every year. Unless I missed an announcement one out of a very small number left has been announced as taking place for the last time.

I attend this one almost every year. It is by far the smallest of the ones that are left. Also it was already announed as "very last event" in 2006 if I recall correctly (not sure of the year, but it was definitely announced) and then came back the following year after all. So I would take this announcement with a grain of salt anyway.

Will this have an influence on Chevron? No one can tell. Mark and Jason will continue to run Stargate events for as long as they can. They certainly won't stop doing them because another organiser decided to stop. As long as enough fans attend they will do it.

I noticed that the number of attendees going to events locally instead of coming over has been steadily increasing anyway due to the economy, or changes in life. Some of the long term fans have families now and are restricted in travel for example. With the US cons now decreasing in numbers again more people will look for alternatives near home, so in fact this is a bonus for UK events. :(

Guestwise there are lot that have yet to attend a Chevron, and no doubt quite a few who would like to attend again. Potentially this could go on for quite a time yet. Dependant on...

As long as enough fans attend they will do it.
That is the essential part.

I'm ready for 7.8 :(

Guestwise there are lot that have yet to attend a Chevron, and no doubt quite a few who would like to attend again. Potentially this could go on for quite a time yet. Dependant on...

I'm ready for 7.8 :drunk:

Me too!! :dance:

I will keep going as long as the cons are on!

Maxine x

I'm ready for 7.8 :blink:

Me too!! :YAHOO:

I will keep going as long as the cons are on!

Maxine x

unfortunately i can only afford one a year. cant wait till nov for 7.7 and will defenately be attending 7.9

It's not the cost of the cons that is hard to cover, it's the cost of the hotel. The Hilton in Birmingham was lovely, but really expensive.

The Park Inn is much more manageable

well in the future if they're not getting enough tickets for the burmingham con due to the hotel cost then they can just hold it a the park inn northampton

well in the future if they're not getting enough tickets for the burmingham con due to the hotel cost then they can just hold it a the park inn northampton

I'm afraid it's a matter of space when the con moves to the Hilton.

Have you been to the Park Inn before? The hotel is lovely, but it would have been nowhere near big enough to hold the crowds RDA was drawing in.

• 3 weeks later...

*tries to post as delicately as possible*

I attended a SG con accross the pond recently as part of a 1month trip and they said the next one in Vancouver will be the last one but they have no intention of stopping ones in Chicago (apparently they make more money there and openly said so! B) (much rather go to a con in Vancouver personally, so much more to do there than Chicago!!!)) anyways they also run the con that QS is referring to and there was no mention of that one finishing...

as has been said, Chevron will continue as long as people still buy tickets :smiles:

roll on November! :unsure:

surfy sah xx

surfy sah xx[/color]

• Showmasters Admin

"This is a question I don't want the answer to be yes " but as the US Stargate Cons are stopping soon will Chevron go the same way

The answer is quite simple! :P So long as you all want us to run the events and support them we will keep running them! :YAHOO:

We love running the events and will continue to do so for as long as is possible! :D We certainly plan on getting past the Chevron 7.7 mark! :P:YAHOO:

Mark :D

• 1 month later...