Filming starts in Glasgow for Brad Pitt zombie movie

filmcell

it would be pretty cool if Brad pitt Popped In to collectormania, hes gona be in glasgow next week for two weeks filming his new zombie movie.

:firedevil:

Yep! Gutted as i was supposed to be an extra for 10 days but couldnt make the costume fitting due to my wedding and honeymoon and had to pull out! Mega sad face. :D

how did u find out how to be an extra , i see they were paying upto £180 a day.

would have been cool just be an extra even for free.

Ditto.....it was in the Media..i think it was the Daily Record. They wanted people with armed/emergency services experience which i have so i was going to a soldier. I think it was £120.00 a day i cant remember and i cry when i think about it....like you i would do it for free. maybe i might stagger onto the set after a night on the town....no Zombie make up would be required. I could drool on cue! :D

it would be pretty cool if Brad pitt Popped In to collectormania,

I heard he was thinking about it but decided not to 'cos none of his friends wanted to go and he didn't want to go on his own. Apparently he's quite shy around people he doesn't know and he was worried he might get a bit starstruck :D

it would be pretty cool if Brad pitt Popped In to collectormania,

I heard he was thinking about it but decided not to 'cos none of his friends wanted to go and he didn't want to go on his own. Apparently he's quite shy around people he doesn't know and he was worried he might get a bit starstruck :D

if he wasnt with Angie there may be a few like minded people there that he could find love with... if he has the nerve to talk to them of course

hes gona be in glasgow next week for two weeks filming his new zombie movie.

Some pictures (of Glasgow being transformed, not of Depp) here

Given the report that "Parts of Glasgow are being turned into war-torn ruins", I had expected some wisecracks about that not being hard (or waiting for the next Old Firm game) - but apparently the real reason is "because of its architecture, wide roads and grid layout".

From what I have heard you should be able to see him around Glasgow from next week....Don't know when but I will be looking around then!! ;):(

My partner is a supporting artist in the film (political correctness term B)) and she's being paid £130 a day, minus 15% from the casting agency and then TAX on top of that.

They have set up George Square to look like Philadelphia and Brad Pitt is in Glasgow now with his entire family.

I'll post pics later as I'm going to the set today.

Oh how cool! Keep us posted Fraser!

The info I got was wrong LOL B)

Hopefully be there next week end too so I can pop down and have a nosey ;)

Popped along to the World War Z set today.

The road is full of yellow taxi cabs, US Police cars and fire trucks however the masses were kept well away from the action and all the filming is behind black canvas to prevent us great unwashed from seeing. It has taken over alot of the streets thou and its weird to see American flags flying etc.....good to see such a big production here lets hope it attracts more.

The last time i saw a movie being filmed in George Square it was Charlie Sheen running about for the film Postmortem now that was cool as you could see it all. The film is a bit poo thou but you gotta love Charlie B)

is this going to cause massive traffic chaos for those driving up from the south to stay in Glasgow city Centre?

We are staying in the City Centre at a hotel near the Botanical Gardens?

You will be fine there mate. The Botanical Gardens are no where near George Square and it is only effecting traffic in the immediate area. All will be well for your trip. I think the shoot in George Square will be complete by the con anyway.

Hope you have a safe journey. :YAHOO:

Good pics mate.

Filming is going onto 28th but they are moving to Grangemouth and the like before that i think it will be all over in Glasgow in the next few days.

The evacuation scenes are being filmed on a main road in grangemouth and also scenes in the old kwik save on Paisley Road West....

Dark Knight rises has already filmed on the A9 a second unit stunt scene although i did hear that they were also going to shoot in Glasgow but Cleavland USA managed to meet all their needs...booo

On the plus side Tim Burtons Dark Shadows with Johhny Depp is fiming in Scotland at the moment....

Its a really cool time for us geeks

So Brat Pitt & Johhny Depp for Collectormania Glasgow then?

Or is that wishful thinking ;)

So Brat Pitt & Johhny Depp for Collectormania Glasgow then?

Or is that wishful thinking laugh.gif

--------------------------------------

ill make a phone call and sort it. :(

300307_10150259312065807_672305806_8127682_6734695_n.jpg

300042_10150259307250807_672305806_8127670_7370188_n.jpg

294520_10150259306920807_672305806_8127668_6550769_n.jpg

298544_10150259306770807_672305806_8127667_7840232_n.jpg

Edited by filmcell

All cool photos :)

I spoke to a local crew member yesterday and he said the Dark Knight is filming at the Barras later on the year, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I wish I could get a job on these shoots - I am local and made my very own feature film!

Fraser

is this going to cause massive traffic chaos for those driving up from the south to stay in Glasgow city Centre?

We are staying in the City Centre at a hotel near the Botanical Gardens?

You will be fine there mate. The Botanical Gardens are no where near George Square and it is only effecting traffic in the immediate area. All will be well for your trip. I think the shoot in George Square will be complete by the con anyway.

Hope you have a safe journey. :(

There is a list of which roads are affected, whilst people can discuss this film here, I've posted a separate thread for people so they easily see the road information :)

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=70591

How cool does this sound.

The morning's shooting was low-key, with Pitt spending much of it being filmed sitting in a silver Volvo car on Cochrane Street - which has been transformed to look like downtown Philadelphia and packed with American cars and vans - before retreating to his white trailer on John Street for much of the afternoon.

This caused a crowd to gather at the top of street, as onlookers armed with cameras hoped to catch him as he emerged for another scene. Instead they had to settle for the actor's body double walking back and forth from the set.

By early afternoon, the production stepped up a gear and the spectators were given a real taste of Hollywood action excitement.

A shout of "action" prompted two US motorcycle police officers to come tearing up the busy street, sirens screaming, towards George Square, forcing the on-set traffic to swerve out of the way.

From behind them a loud explosion detonated out of sight, causing the dozens of extras walking along the street to turn and stampede from the blast.

The explosion scene was the repeatedly played out, sometimes without the police officers, sometimes with only a small section of the crowd, but the spectators lapped up the action, with one woman enthusiastically commenting to her friends: "This is mental!"

The film is based on Max Brooks' 2006 novel World War Z: An Oral History Of The Zombie War, part of which is set in Philadelphia in the aftermath of a zombie holocaust. It is due to be released next year.

Even when shooting stopped, people remained in the square, wandering around and examining its new appearance - hot dog and pretzel stalls, the rebranding of the City Chambers as the five star "Liberty Grand Luxury Hotel" and the clusters of road signs, fire hydrants and newspaper vending machines waiting to be put in place.

I was down the set today and took some more photos.

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z5.jpg

z6.jpg

z7.jpg

z8.jpg

z9.jpg

z10.jpg

Edited by filmcell

:lol: EXCELLENT pictures Filmcell! Thank you! :angel:

I am hoping there will be stuff to look at next week when we come down to Glasgow......Whats the chances?? LOL

:D:D

We live in hope :D:D