New mysterious forum!

cyd0nian

Would I be wasting my time starting a guest suggestion thread :wub:?

SPIDERMAN SPIDERMAN SPIDER...Wait a second isn't the Royal National Hotel on Russell Square?

Yep, near SOAS (Uni. of London)

http://www.imperialhotels.co.uk/royal-national

I remember that Hotel being used for a Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament a while back and the hall was pretty damn big. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there are going to be quite a few signings here.

Would I be wasting my time starting a guest suggestion thread ;)?

SPIDERMAN SPIDERMAN SPIDER...Wait a second isn't the Royal National Hotel on Russell Square?

I remember that Hotel being used for a Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament a while back and the hall was pretty damn big. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there are going to be quite a few signings here.

I reckon we're probably more likely to see Lee Townsend than Sean Bean?

Stan Lee ;)?

I reckon we're probably more likely to see Lee Townsend than Sean Bean?

Stan Lee ;)?

lol I know that's a massive fan want but I honestly have no idea but it's the kind of place where you could get a few autographs. It's not as big as Earls Court 2 or Collector-mania.

I know we don't know, but the speculation is fun :P It may not be so much signings as a large variety of comic based stuff: famous artists giving tutorials, writers doing talks, auction of rare CGC-graded comics, dealer area selling back issues, there are loads of possibilities which don't necessarily hinge on a large number of guests. Although (and yes I know we shouldn't have a guest suggestion thread before we even know the point of an event or even if there are guests) I will throw in my usual comic guest 2-cents and ask that if comic guests are going to be investigated, then Geoff Johns, Ethan Van Sciver, Ivan Reis, Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca be investigated ;):D

Yay comics! :wub:

I remember a few years ago, there used to be a comic mart (might even have been SM who ran it!) It was basically dealers, but there's no reason why it couldn't be expanded to include artists and writers.

They still do, probably is the same thing, but they have never had guest signings, artists and writers would be good, but tv and film guests just wouldn't fit the profile of the Comic Mart.

• Showmasters Admin

I regularly attend the Card Marts there, I wonder if this is the same thing or something else running at the same venue?

we have taken over the running of the comic mart at the Royal National Hotel

it will be the same event as normal

jason :thumbup:

Usually only three of the four available rooms have been used in recent years, leaving the fourth room free for "team-ups", such as bringing "The ABC Show" in with their range of British comics, annuals, and paperbacks etc... and there was a fun co-event with some alternative UK comics creators a few months back. There are quite often a few up-and-coming artists and publishers with tables, so while the main emphasis is on the dealers and their tables of goodies, it's quite a diverse bunch you'll find.

Russell Square tube station is close by, which is handy. :D

To get to the show, exit Russel Square tube and turn left. Cross at the traffic lights and turn right. You will pass some London tour buses (they're always there), and the entrance to the hotel is on the left - there's a pub on the corner. Bear right to the entrance of the hotel and the show is to the right and left of the reception.

Keep in mind that the only free cash point is by the Post Office as you cross at the lights. There are a few dealers that only take cash.

I can't believe that, according to the posts on this forum, this show is so unknown. Apart from comics, there are a shedload of graphic novels, original art and other related items available. I'm only a collector, but I hope that with Showmasters taking over, the show will get bigger.

One thing that does slightly worry me is that the council next door, Westminster, is apparently going to introduce Sunday parking charges before Christmas this year, starting at 1:00pm... and when they see all the extra revenue Westminster is raking in, can Camden avoid the temptation to follow suit in 2012? Parking meters are expensive to feed in London now, and it could make things awkward for the dealers, and make the place busier with customers early on, but then quickly falling off after 1:00pm.

Perhaps some special rate in the Royal National Hotel's own car park could be negotiated, if necessary...

whoosh.gif