if you know you would never get to meet a guest would

showmasters

here are a few guest that might do this ?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. section 1 if you do not care vote as such

• Patrick Macnee 89 yo price £25
    • Richard O'Sullivan 67 yo price £15
    • no i would not care
  2. 2. section 2

• Gene Hackman 81 yo price £55
    • Geoffrey Bayldon 87 yo price £15
    • no i would not care
  3. 3. section 3

• Max von Sydow 82 yo price £30
    • Sean Connery 80 yo price £65
    • no i would not care

His place of residence notwithstanding, I've seen his autograph on sale for £50 in a local shop. I have no reason to doubt its authenticity, which is why I was surprised at the price being quoted.

You have all the usual reasons to doubt its authenticity.

However with the Showmasters option in this poll you'd be able to pick the photo you want signed and have a picture of Connery signing YOUR item. Is that not worth another 15 quid to say your item is definately real?

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather spend £30 on an auto like this, but then again I'd rather spend £65 and KNOW it was authentic than spend £50 and always wonder if it was legit. (I'd also wonder why the dealer was asking so 'little').

Funnily enough, I went to the shop recently and they are now charging £65 for a Sean Connery signed photo. I wonder if they read this thread? :coolthumb:

• 5 months later...

I would love to get Gene Hackman's autograph more than anything!

Any chance you could throw in Harrison ford? :-P

Do it on the back of a film promotion, don't think that need be impossible. 1 Hour of his time in a hotel. £400 a shot. Even if he just signed 150 items that's 50K

I can't see many (if any) paying £400 for Harrison Ford's autograph! He's popular, but not that popular. I certainly wouldn't go any higher than £150 and that would have to include meeting him, too.

I would love to meet Richard O' Sullivan, but I think he would be very unlikely to do it. The last I heard he lived in an residentail home for actors and is in very bad health never fully recovering after a stroke. This is from 2009 and is an article about his Man about the house co-star Sally Thomsett

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...-The-House.html

There is a picture of him on there from three years ago and he looks so old and frail then. As much as I would love to see him do a signing or something I think in reality it's highly unlikely sadly. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

annoys me a little that almost all of these showmasters what if/your vote will make a difference/guest want threads actually never come to fruition. out of what? 5/6 separate threads with loads of guests only 1 guest has actually been announced, chris lambert, shame.

im not a massive auto fan, esp not getting in person, but sean connery if i could send in or chose the image prior, even at this price or higher i think i would 

same with sean bean on a sharpe item or kevin costner on a robin hood item

Gene Hackman and Sean Connery for me. Both are legends in the history if cinematography.

Should Showmaster go ahead with this, would it be possible to include personalisation?

Also, maybe some sort of authentication sticker like a hologram with a serial number that matches an online database or something?

annoys me a little that almost all of these showmasters what if/your vote will make a difference/guest want threads actually never come to fruition. out of what? 5/6 separate threads with loads of guests only 1 guest has actually been announced, chris lambert, shame.

I doubt David Tennant's £45 fee, or some of the £35s would have been considered if the polls hadn't indicated peoples willingness to spend those sort of numbers. Of course in my case agreeing to spending £35 on Chris would be completely different to £45 on David - I have 10 times more things I'd want David to sign.

As for this one, well half the 100 who voted (in this flawed poll) said no they wouldn't. So its unsurprising, but disapppointing its not been followed up on.

Especially if there are rare actors wiling to take part.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep thinking how nice it would be to have Sean Connery on my "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" DVD cover, and at £65? If I knew that it'd be safe I'd send in my Indy Fedora as well, and have Sean sign that - but alas we can all Dream.

• 4 weeks later...

One guest I have always wanted to do an event and it's not beacuse of his age or his work ethic, he rarely makes movies now and often attends the Lakers games in LA and that's Jack Nicholson. I remember thinking of going to the premiere of the Bucket List when it came to the UK and I ended up going. It wasn't until after it I got talking to people who did go and they said you should have came with us because Jack talked to everyone and because it was him and Morgan Freeman, it was mostly an older crowd that went, not full of teenagers and kids and yobs. It was all adults and everyone was patient and friendly and respectful to let everyone say hello and shake hands. So that is someone I would pay for to get a legitimate autograph but at the same time, there is nothing wrong with the man's health. He could come.

• 1 month later...

There are only a few I would be willing to do this for and that would be Christopher Lee, Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Jack Nicholson, Michael J Fox and Gene Wilder.

Some of which are not in ill health as far as I know but may find attending conventions a little testing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...