if you know you would never get to meet a guest would

showmasters

here are a few guest that might do this ?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. section 1 if you do not care vote as such

• Patrick Macnee 89 yo price £25
    • Richard O'Sullivan 67 yo price £15
    • no i would not care
  2. 2. section 2

• Gene Hackman 81 yo price £55
    • Geoffrey Bayldon 87 yo price £15
    • no i would not care
  3. 3. section 3

• Max von Sydow 82 yo price £30
    • Sean Connery 80 yo price £65
    • no i would not care

I just have no interest at all in any autograph that wasn't signed in front of me

ditto

I'm the same. For me it's about the experience as a whole. The writing on the photo has a story and a memory attached to it for me and that's more valuable than just owning the signature.:thumbup:

Yep, same here.

I just have no interest at all in any autograph that wasn't signed in front of me

ditto

I'm the same. For me it's about the experience as a whole. The writing on the photo has a story and a memory attached to it for me and that's more valuable than just owning the signature.:D

I have to agree. All my autographs ive met the actor in person and have a photo with as proof. Thats the main readon I tend to avoid those who use the no photos allowed signs. It would take a major actor like Harrison ford to make me consider it. It's a good idea in principle though and I'm sure many would take up the offer but me personally I wouldn't. :vader:

In the past I used to buy autographs from private signings. But as it is now, if the person doesn't sign in front of me, then I am not interested.

From the poll I would love to get autographs from Max von Sydow and Sean Connery, but only in person, and if the time has passed for that to happen, then so be it.

Preference would definetly be to meet in person, but I guess I would't rule out the private signing option altogether.

The thing is you never quite know who you will get to meet as sometimes an older actor might bring out an autobiography and then sign off the back of that, for example Roger Moore a couple of years ago.

Ive been very lucky enough to meet sean connery and also have his autograph,

then just last week very lucky to meet Billy Connolly,Gerard Butler and a whole bunch of other A-Listers at the Celtic Legends V Manchester united Legends at Celtic park, photos and autographs aswell.....

up untill Tue sir Sean was my fav,,,now its Gerard ...hes da man....Hollywood A listers juat dont come by that often and to get an Autograph was simply Amazing....far to busy for a Photo tho...although I did take 2 photos of him on the bus after the game.

I would pay slightly more to meet Mr Connery in person :D

I'm not so much an auto collector, though I do like to complete once I start, but I want to meet the stars and talk to them, take/be in pictures! I'm not that bothered on something I didn't get signed myself ;)

surfy sah xx

ps-I haven't voted erm I'm not really sure who other people in the poll are B) *runs away and hides behind a giant rock before people throw stuff at me* hehe

£65 for an authentic signature from Connery on a photo of my choice with provenance?!?

That has to be THE best thing I have EVER read on these forums. An absolute BARGAIN to get the real McCoy and proof as well.

Sure it is nice to meet a celebrity in person and have a nice experience however people like Sean Connery will just never ever go to a Showmasters event. I collect autographs from actors I like, anything else like 'interaction' is simply the icing on the cake.

...so if Showmasters can arrange a signing with the biggest Bond of them all (and other decent guests), and provide a photo of him signing it I would HAPPILY hand over my money. Irrespective of the guest, personalisations are something of a must though as they are generally the norm at private signings.

As to the third category, I would like to get Sean Connery's autograph, but if I don't get to meet him then I don't feel the suggested price is justified.

The guy is 80 years old, has health troubles, lives in the Bahamas, has dissassociated himself with Bond, is a difficult signer and announced earlier this year that he is no longer making public appearances. An over the table signing at a regular event just ain't going to happen!

Even if he did by some miracle do a traditional signing he'd sit behind the table all day no doubt having a hard time of it and people would no doubt slag him off after the fact for "being misrable" or for "not making conversation" etc. etc.

Given all of the above a genuine autograph with provenance from Sir Sean Connery, (the most popular Bond of them all) for £65 is ridiculousy cheap. Peanuts in fact. I would pay A LOT more to get a real signature from him and I'm sure many Bond fans would too. You've never get it anywhere near close to that price from a dealer and you wouldn't know where the signature came from.

Maybe you would not like to pay that price (and if so fair enough), but if you feel he is generally overpriced, frankly you don't know what you're talking about. Its Sean Connery mate. One of the biggest movie stars of all time, who starred in one of the biggest movie series of all time.

More and more these days I feel that some fans really do have some very unrealistic expectations when it comes to getting/meeting/paying for guests.

As to the third category, I would like to get Sean Connery's autograph, but if I don't get to meet him then I don't feel the suggested price is justified.

The guy is 80 years old, has health troubles, lives in the Bahamas, has dissassociated himself with Bond, is a difficult signer and announced earlier this year that he is no longer making public appearances. An over the table signing at a regular event just ain't going to happen!

Even if he did by some miracle do a traditional signing he'd sit behind the table all day no doubt having a hard time of it and people would no doubt slag him off after the fact for "being misrable" or for "not making conversation" etc. etc.

Given all of the above a genuine autograph with provenance from Sir Sean Connery, (the most popular Bond of them all) for £65 is ridiculousy cheap. Peanuts in fact. I would pay A LOT more to get a real signature from him and I'm sure many Bond fans would too. You've never get it anywhere near close to that price from a dealer and you wouldn't know where the signature came from.

Maybe you would not like to pay that price (and if so fair enough), but if you feel he is generally overpriced, frankly you don't know what you're talking about. Its Sean Connery mate. One of the biggest movie stars of all time, who starred in one of the biggest movie series of all time.

More and more these days I feel that some fans really do have some very unrealistic expectations when it comes to getting/meeting/paying for guests.

Maybe you are made of money, but for me times are tough, and if I don't get to meet him then I can't justify the expense.

Maybe you are made of money, but for me times are tough, and if I don't get to meet him then I can't justify the expense.

Oh my, I wish I was made of money!

Thing is, regardless of the state either of our bank balances, the going rate for a real Connery signature is far more than £65. That's all I was getting at.

So if he suddenly agreed to attend a signing in the Bahamas could you justify the expense in going out to attend it in person? I think that would be more expensive.

So if he suddenly agreed to attend a signing in the Bahamas could you justify the expense in going out to attend it in person? I think that would be more expensive.

Don't be facetious. I haven't had a holiday in years. These events are one of the few things that keep me going.

Don't be facetious. I haven't had a holiday in years. These events are one of the few things that keep me going.

I wasn't. If he lives there that's the best chance you'd have of meeting him. Few of us are made of money, which is why such private signings aren't always a bad idea.

If it's a case of spending £30 to send something to get signed in private, or perhaps spend £300 to attend, book hotel, travel etc to an event in this country let alone beyond, the private signing is the cheap option, not the expense one; even with a few seconds with the guest.

His place of residence notwithstanding, I've seen his autograph on sale for £50 in a local shop. I have no reason to doubt its authenticity, which is why I was surprised at the price being quoted.

You have all the usual reasons to doubt its authenticity.

However with the Showmasters option in this poll you'd be able to pick the photo you want signed and have a picture of Connery signing YOUR item. Is that not worth another 15 quid to say your item is definately real?

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather spend £30 on an auto like this, but then again I'd rather spend £65 and KNOW it was authentic than spend £50 and always wonder if it was legit. (I'd also wonder why the dealer was asking so 'little').

• 2 weeks later...

I usually turn down the opportunity of people getting me an auto if I can't attend these events as I like to get it myself.

However:

Patrick Mcnee is a whole different kettle of fish. I'd do anything to get his autograph ANYTHING. I have an Avengers book that Joanna Lumley and Diana Rigg have already signed and the foreword is by Mr Mcnee. To get this book signed, even if someone else had to get it for me would be amazing.

I'd pay way more than the suggested price for this, as a MASSIVE Avengers fan this would be the only chance to get it.

• 3 weeks later...