Great Weekend :)

peeka85

Weve just arrived home and had a really great time. Sunday nights party was the best of the weekend (although I flagged at 11 and went to bed) The guests were fantastic especially Grant Bowler whos appearanceand staying power plus mingling with the attendees at the parties made up for the lack of the others doing so and I felt sorry for Marshall who looked very uncomfortable all weekend and a little out of his depth in the talks but bless him, he tried hard and was lovely.

Everyone we spoke to was super nice and the ME staff were more helpful and pleasant than ever esp Michelle Grimes.

There were some fabulous efforts made with the outfits and people seems to have a really enjoyable time the WHOLE weekend.

The staff and breakfast at the Park were most impressive (we didnt stay there last year) and it was well worth the money.

Even though I wont be going (sadly) my only suggestion for next year for something different, is maybe a live band on the Sat night?

Great way to finish my convention stint for the foreseeable future. Thank you so much ME :)

X

Edit: cant believe I forgot Malcolm, hes always been amazing and is a real star for getting me to smile showing teeth as I never do that LOL

Edited by Blackviolett

Well for my first convention I can easily say that it was AMAZING :YAHOO:

Loved every minute and will be coming to Bitten 3 next year.

Thanks ME and thanks to all the lovely people I met for making my weekend complete.

I didn't think any con could top the first Bitten - but I was wrong! What an amazing weekend! :YAHOO:

I'll prob be repeating what others have said, but here's my twopen'orth:

All the guests were great, and made it feel like there were far more than 3 of them! - particularly Grant, who was hysterical, and Joe, who was so lovely. :wub:

It just goes to show that it's not the size of the con that counts, but the quality of the guests and the efficiency of the organisation. I was so impressed with the crew. They were always friendly, helpful, and, unlike some cons (not ME!) I've been to, actually knew what was happening, and were able to give accurate info. Well done! :D

I have to echo the poster who said it would have been nice to have the Lou Pines party on the Friday. I had to leave Sunday, and would have really liked to go to that one. But maybe another time?

I'm not a huge fan of the Park Inn, and often find service very slow, but it is nice to be somewhere within easy distance of shops and restaurants etc. Although I did manage to get thoroughly soaked on Sunday :YAHOO: (not ME's fault obviously! ).

I was lucky enough to get into two of the guest encounters, and I realise it was my choice to try for those, but it would have been nice with only three guests if a way could have been found so that those encounters didn't clash with the guest talks. But that's a very minor niggle (mainly cos I hate to miss ANYTHING :poki: )

I've said it before, and I shall say it again - Malcolm is the best! How anyone can make me look good in photographs is a complete mystery to me, but he managed it yet again, so a huge thank you to him :thumbup:

As soon as tickets are available online (taps foot impatienetly ;) ) I shall be booking for Bitten 3 (Couldnt book at the event as I had to check dates). Can hardly wait! :clap:

The crew were amazing and friendly, I remember they were all singing "Sisters are doing it for themselves" on the registration desk.

No, we weren't. We're FAR more professional than that :dance:

Had a fantastic weekend! One of the best ME cons I've been to so far and I've already booked up for Bitten 3! :D

The guests were fantastic, Loved the Fangtastia party wasn't able to go to it at Bitten 1. Just gutted I had to miss the Lou Pine's party :(

The crew were amazing and friendly, I remember they were all singing "Sisters are doing it for themselves" on the registration desk.

No, we weren't. We're FAR more professional than that :blush:

Ok, maybe it was The Eurythmics with Sweet Dreams then :P

Just wanted to say what a fab weekend it was.

The guest were great and approachable.....well they would have been more so if the security bods had not been so intimidating.

Twice when i was chatting to Grant the heavy moved towards him like he might have had to grab him away from me, For jeeze sake i am 48 with a husband and kids. This was not a Twilight con where the fans could maybe get a little over excited. I can not remember there being any heavies there last year just the crew assigned to the actors.

Apart from that no gripes.

No, we weren't. We're FAR more professional than that :wub:

Ok, maybe it was The Eurythmics with Sweet Dreams then ;)

TBH, we went through the classics on two iPhones (and had to charge them as we went along!) so people got our caterwauling renditions of all sorts from Britney to Was Not Was for about 2 hours, lol.

my one big criticism is that the music at the parties were pretty rubbish, cmon bloody cheesy 80's crap at Fangtasia??? yeah have requests to keep the masses happy but limit it to a certain time or just to the faery night. But Fangtasia is a gothic club and Lou Pines a bikers club, I can't really see how the music fitted. I really couldn't enjoy my evening's. If it wasn't for the talks and daytime activities, it would of truly been a waste of money for us.

Also the limited drinks at the bar was annoying, especially for someone who can't drink fizzy or orange juice...and they run out of the highly priced Cranberry Juice by Sunday.

Sorry to put a downer on things, but we're probably not coming again!

However, I think the guys need to think of some more activities for people to do between breakfast and the afternoon talks on Sunday. Because most have checked out of their room, there is very little to do and lots of people were just sat around looking a bit bored.

Empty Sunday mornings when they happen are great personal time moments. I intended going shopping, but it ended as an opportunity to lay-in from late nights and have a last minute breakfast, generally slow down a bit, get a ticket booked for next year, buy raffle tickets for the encounters. By the time I'd done all that it was 11.30 am and I thought I had ages until the hall opened. Before I knew it those hours had flown and the doors were open for the main hall. Flown by so much that I didn't realise TooTall had called our seating slot :angel: How I missed his voice from the dealers room I'm not sure

The issue would be that there are no more rooms available for use other than the main hall/dealers room area and the foyer between which is used for queuing. Plus factoring in that if there's more guests and people next year that statistically more attendees might have their photos/autos to get on Sunday instead of Saturday and things will be more evenly spread.

There's a Vue cinema on the opposite side of the road but obviously that depends on timings.

Not sure if it's your thing, but a few of us suggested to the salon that Sunday morning could have been the ideal opportunity for attendees to have made appointments. They opened for some of us last year on the Sunday and the massages were fabulous.

There's also the hotel pool to take advantage of :)

my one big criticism is that the music at the parties were pretty rubbish, cmon bloody cheesy 80's crap at Fangtasia??? yeah have requests to keep the masses happy but limit it to a certain time or just to the faery night. But Fangtasia is a gothic club and Lou Pines a bikers club, I can't really see how the music fitted.

I didn't make it to Lou Pines as I had to leave Sunday, as a few others said, it would have been nice to have Lou Pines as more of a main party on Friday night :)

Have to agree though with Fangtasia. Was great to have some rawer music for the pole dancers at the beginning of the night but once people were ready to dance to it and despite trying to request some more of it later in the evening it never returned. Thinking back they didn't even play the Blade theme that was written on the request board. I appreciate a lot of different music and 80s cheese is great but when people are vamped up it would be nice to have something gritter later in the evening at the Fangtasia nights.

Took 24 hours for us to get some of the "dirty whore" music we requested on the Friday night. Filled the floor though :angel: I'm not sure if the dj simply didn't want to play requests on Friday or if they'd had too many.

we managed to get one request on Friday, and the rest got ignored! Pfft well the parties have given me a good idea for next...next Halloween (2012), with NO requests or cheese music, but hopefully a Fangtasia theme, with a band and poledancers and a throne for Eric.....now I just need an Eric :)

my one big criticism is that the music at the parties were pretty rubbish, cmon bloody cheesy 80's crap at Fangtasia??? yeah have requests to keep the masses happy but limit it to a certain time or just to the faery night. But Fangtasia is a gothic club and Lou Pines a bikers club, I can't really see how the music fitted. I really couldn't enjoy my evening's. If it wasn't for the talks and daytime activities, it would of truly been a waste of money for us.

Also the limited drinks at the bar was annoying, especially for someone who can't drink fizzy or orange juice...and they run out of the highly priced Cranberry Juice by Sunday.

Sorry to put a downer on things, but we're probably not coming again!

I can't comment on the Fangtasia night this time round as I, ahem, slept through it [/lightweight], but I do remember being a bit annoyed at high cheese ratio on the previous Fangtasia night, so understand where you're coming from. However, I loved the Sunday night music. Yes, there were some inevitably naff tracks, but there was Metallica, AC/DC, Marilyn Manson, Muse... top job by DJ Andrew there, IMHO.

Music was so so both nights.....

They played a lot i thought was crap, but would dance to for only so long...but thats the key...you have to be able to dance to it. Much of the up to date music is just noise with a bit of trance stuff in the background. ugggh.

At least cheese gets the dance floor filled...instead of emptying it...like some music i can not even mention.:D