Cosplay

Hi!

As here are so many Cosplayers I hope anyone could help me. I have a question concerning my Jedi outfit, especially to those of you who arrive via airplane.

I would like to carry my lightsaber hilt with me, which is a Master Replica hilt, just without the electronics.

Now I'm a bit worried about the security measures at the airport and I'm not quite sure whether I should carry the hilt in my luggage or my hand baggage. Don't know what anyone at the security might want to think about the lightsaber.

Has anyone had any experiences with travelling with lightsabers or similar props? Would you suggest to carry it in the hand baggage rather than in the suitcase?

Would be awesome if some of you could share their experiences.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

As here are so many Cosplayers I hope anyone could help me. I have a question concerning my Jedi outfit, especially to those of you who arrive via airplane.

I would like to carry my lightsaber hilt with me, which is a Master Replica hilt, just without the electronics.

Now I'm a bit worried about the security measures at the airport and I'm not quite sure whether I should carry the hilt in my luggage or my hand baggage. Don't know what anyone at the security might want to think about the lightsaber.

Has anyone had any experiences with travelling with lightsabers or similar props? Would you suggest to carry it in the hand baggage rather than in the suitcase?

Would be awesome if some of you could share their experiences.

Thanks

Honestly, with the way security is today it's best to carry it in you luggage. My friend Dave went as a Jedi one year and he had a light saber too and he carried it in his luggage, took up a bit of needed space but saved him the hassle of security worries. Hope that helped

Xxx

Hi guys!

I'm a newbie to the world of Cosplay and have set myself a New Year's resolution to do my first one at LFCC (yes, I actually keep my New Year's resolutions! :-)

Do most Cosplayers go for the entire weekend? (as I've seen conversations about multiple costumes)

Thanks for your help. I look forward to seeing you there,

Jonathan.

Yay first ever cosplay! I remember mine. Zero from vampire knight at the irish anime convention in 2008. It's nerve-racking doing cosplay first time round but you get so much support and love fro

People who really love the person you cosplay as! When I dressed as David Bowie at one convention I got lots of hugs and requests for photos, it's confidence building!

Me myself, costume wise, will have three different costume, at least one will be star trek related, one to do with some form of Japanese street fashion and the other movie based ( yet to be decided)

If you need any help or tips please let me know! I will be more then happy to help out!

Xxx

Our two little boys cosplayed last year as a Dalek and very mini darth vader! Their dad and I have promised we will join them this year too. We have ideas on what we want to do but now just got to start getting them together. Fingers crossed they come out well ;)

Not sure exactly what I will be doing yet guess I will have to see where I'm up to with my costumes by this time next year. I want to take my Colonial marine to a few cons as thats one I will have cleared with the costume group I'm in when its finished but need to see if I'm allowed to do my own stuff the other day of the con

Sam we should do our Games of Throne idea for this ;-)

Not sure exactly what I will be doing yet guess I will have to see where I'm up to with my costumes by this time next year. I want to take my Colonial marine to a few cons as thats one I will have cleared with the costume group I'm in when its finished but need to see if I'm allowed to do my own stuff the other day of the con

Sam we should do our Games of Throne idea for this ;-)

Oh I'll have to see about that one Jess as Bella has kinda skinted me so far this year so hoping to not have to make much more new stuff this year lol. Will talk to you about it on FB

quick question. I am plannig to cosplay for the first time at this con but i'm planning to go as an anime character. do a lot of cosplay as anime characters at the lfcc or is that something i should maybe save for the next time i attend the this show

quick question. I am plannig to cosplay for the first time at this con but i'm planning to go as an anime character. do a lot of cosplay as anime characters at the lfcc or is that something i should maybe save for the next time i attend the this show

hrmmm there are a handful of us^^ although as LFCC is only part about anime and is mostly about sci-fi, tv and films etc, there won't be millions of anime cosplays^^ :3 I'm personally doing a cosplay from an anime with some other friends :)

I know it's far off yet but i'm thinking either a female Sherlock (BBC version) or a female Captain Jack. :WAVE:

ahh! i would love to see the Sherlock one. do you have eyes like him though? Benedict has the most amazing eyes!

i have my cardassian costume slowly coming together. for my second costume i am doing an anime themed one. i shall be kyo from fruits basket. the costume i am getting is their summer school uniform and i will also have the orange wig, cat ears and a tail :P