would you be prepared to pay these prices to meet these guests ?

showmasters

thank you for helping us with this poll it will make a difference   

458 members have voted

1. 1. please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto

• Jean-Claude Van Damme £45
    • Chris Pine £55
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. same again

• Dolph Lundgren £45
    • Christopher Eccleston £35
    • Karl Urban £55
  3. 3. same and thank you for helping us know your thoughts

• Sean Bean £40
    • Zachary Quinto £75
    • Orlando Bloom £65

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I missed the other poll.

Ewan McGregor for £50?! Hayden Christiansen, Christopher Lee? Wow.

If those are the kind of prices you could get these huge stars for then please get them!

The sky really is the limit here.

casual and serious collectors would flock to these events in their masses if you announced 3 or 4 of these big names from these 2 polls.

I would spend £600 alone on Bean and Ewan McGregor!

I must say with regards to the prices that the likes of Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto are charging - who do they think they are!? They're humans like us who would be nothing without fans making the movies they star in successes. These events are supposed to be the stars giving something back to the fans. How can children who are big fans of Star Trek pay those prices? For older fans, the ones who may be working and have the money it may be justified...actually even then £55 & £75 is just a hell of a lot of money! These guests would generate huge attention regardless of what they charged so with an autograph or photoshoot price of, say, £25, they would still rake in huge amounts throughout the day. Sorry, but there's just no way I would be prepared to pay these kind of prices, does anyone agree with me?

Let me know if you agree...

• Moderators

These events are supposed to be the stars giving something back to the fans. How can children who are big fans of Star Trek pay those prices? For older fans, the ones who may be working and have the money it may be justified...actually even then £55 & £75 is just a hell of a lot of money! These guests would generate huge attention regardless of what they charged so with an autograph or photoshoot price of, say, £25, they would still rake in huge amounts throughout the day. Sorry, but there's just no way I would be prepared to pay these kind of prices, does anyone agree with me?

I agree that I wouldn't pay those kinds of prices, but that's down to personal choice.

I certainly don't think ANY guest is there as a favour to the fans, nor appearing to 'give something back' to them. I've always seen signing events as just another business ..

These events are supposed to be the stars giving something back to the fans. How can children who are big fans of Star Trek pay those prices? For older fans, the ones who may be working and have the money it may be justified...actually even then £55 & £75 is just a hell of a lot of money! These guests would generate huge attention regardless of what they charged so with an autograph or photoshoot price of, say, £25, they would still rake in huge amounts throughout the day. Sorry, but there's just no way I would be prepared to pay these kind of prices, does anyone agree with me?

I agree that I wouldn't pay those kinds of prices, but that's down to personal choice.

I certainly don't think ANY guest is there as a favour to the fans, nor appearing to 'give something back' to them. I've always seen signing events as just another business ..

Indeed. The days of getting autographs from a star who is `giving something back to the fans` are long gone in my opinion. Thank to autograph dealers :D stars usually dont part with their autograph without a fee, unless your lucky eghto kno tem or bump into them at a pemire or something.

The ones i would pay for that are resonable prices are Chris Eccelston Ian Holm and Sean Bean they are bargins espaschally Eccleston he is the real bargin i love most of the actors above i no its the new Spock but 75 pounds that is way to much for someone who has just done one star trek film wich i loved and maybe a few other films but 75 pounds is just to much i would much rather pay that much for leonard Nimoy Orlando Bloom i would proberly pay he has been in so many good films Van Damme and Lundgren i am not really interested in there movies but there still at resonable prices.

Not sure how recent this news is:

Jean-Claude Van Damme will reportedly star in an alien invasion movie, which "follows the journey of five friends in the English countryside who fight for survival when an enormous UFO settles above a nearby city." The movie also stars British actor Richard E. Grant, which makes this one of the more awesomely random pairings in movie history. Bianca Bree, Sean Brosnan, and Simon Phillips round out the cast. [Variety]

Jean-Claude Van Damme will reportedly star in an alien invasion movie, which "follows the journey of five friends in the English countryside who fight for survival when an enormous UFO settles above a nearby city." The movie also stars British actor Richard E. Grant, which makes this one of the more awesomely random pairings in movie history. Bianca Bree, Sean Brosnan, and Simon Phillips round out the cast. [Variety]

he is filming in derby. :dance:

he is filming in derby. :D

WHERE AND WHEN?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Awesomely random is right!!!! I am now definately intrigued!

Echo :lol:

[/quo

Indeed. The days of getting autographs from a star who is `giving something back to the fans` are long gone in my opinion. Thank to autograph dealers :jason: stars usually dont part with their autograph without a fee, unless your lucky eghto kno tem or bump into them at a pemire or something.

I can remember a time...and i am going back 30 years here................when i first started collecting film memorabilia and going to film fairs.this was long before the big signing events we have now,the focus was mostly on the film memorabilia...which incidentally was not only all vintage and in abundance then but still relatively cheap to get hold of.nowdays,everyone is a collector.

but the thing i do remember,was occasionally at these film fairs they had guests doing signings,and the big difference back then was...it was free!! you just turned up,joined the queue and they signed a photo,which they also provided themselves for free.hard to believe now,but true.

happy days...................... :no:

not to fussed on most at these prices

Zachary possibly, but no dedications, character names etc etc forget it

would probably see Christopher Ecclestone and Ian Holm but would prefer price a bit less

as no doubt id get photos as well which soon tots up

how about a list of some females, list is rather sexist !

Chris Pine and Ian Holm would both be epic!

But, I must think of funds and projects!

(Star Trek guests, all three, would be amazing though! Far too many choices)

Building a nice little Alien collection up, so Ian Holm would be VERY much appreciated! :angel:

Just a glorious man anyway! :thumbup:

Edited by Muthur

I think the poll is a fab idea and the prices are understandable for big names but I haven't voted as I just can't afford prices like that no matter how much I would want to meet them (Orlando Bloom would of been my choice if I had that sort of money and my 7 year old Daughter would KILL me if I took her to an event with him there and didn't meet him...lol!!!). Sometimes it really sucks being poor...lol!!!