would you be prepared to pay these prices to meet these guests ?

showmasters

thank you for helping us with this poll it will make a difference   

458 members have voted

1. 1. please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto

• Jean-Claude Van Damme £45
    • Chris Pine £55
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. same again

• Dolph Lundgren £45
    • Christopher Eccleston £35
    • Karl Urban £55
  3. 3. same and thank you for helping us know your thoughts

• Sean Bean £40
    • Zachary Quinto £75
    • Orlando Bloom £65

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I am really sorry, but I had to step in here and clean up a few posts.

This is all getting a bit silly isn't it, if David felt the need to edit the posts he would have.

This to me just looks like you've got too much time on your hands, and have an impulsion to get involved.:headscratch:

But my main point was I had to look up on IMDB who most of them were! :D , I'm so ashamed.

Edited by Donkey

This is all getting a bit silly isn't it, if David felt the need to edit the posts he would have.

This to me just looks like you've got too much time on your hands, and have an impulsion to get involved.:headscratch:

That is what the mysterious mod section elsewhere is for - we discuss stuff there.

David did not remove the posts on purpose because he has been supposed of manipulating posts in just some of these posts I have removed and he wanted to have the other mods opinion first before removing them.

I removed them in the end because I agree, this was getting silly. But 1) I did not want further accusations made again David that he is "manipulating" stuff and 2) all mods that came on in the meantime agreed that the stuff was posted was too rude. The posts would have been gone sooner or later anyway, I just got here first.

I hope this answers everything for you.

is it just me whos been sitting here for 30 mins tryna pick who i want 2 come all such big names i will decide soon i would love 2 meet chris pine and zachory as im a mega fan of the new star trek and would b perfect as they should b starting number 2 this year but ian holm would b amazing 2 meet and also karl urban and orlando bloom and defffffffff sean bean at that price would b a deffo get! and not forgetting jean claude bloody van dam such a ledge tbh anyone of these you get id have there auto without a doubt.

anyone who can help me pick more then welcome 2 :D

karl urban would be amazing tbh just realised you should get allll 3!!!! star trek people would be emense id deff get all of them would be alot of money but id get it!

come on let's do it! get them! :dance:

i'm not sure how representative results are. As people might want 2from a category, or as chris is well wanted it makes the percent of jcvd appear lower. Anyhow i voted lundgren, jcvd and pean bean. Can i just say at this price i would buy just one but a little less i would buy 2or 3. It's about value for money. Perhaps multi buy of same premium guests get 5quid discount or something of better value. A dedication which wouldn't be on people that only got one?

hi david, i didn't think there would be, it was just a thought, 3autos from one person are quicker than 3 from 3seperate people, so it does seem reasonable. I do understand there will be more than sufficient demand. Just a suggestion of how to get more money than me ;-) i do have one concern, when at lfcc i was there from the start, and only just met chris lambert, with bigger guests will this be more of an issue!?

i do have one concern, when at lfcc i was there from the start, and only just met chris lambert, with bigger guests will this be more of an issue!?

Lambert went to open Q pretty early on both Sat and Sun - surprised you only just got to meet him? There were many a time I passed and there was nobody there at all!

Dear God *looks again at the line-up* mostly my dream line-up right there!

And I'll have no compunctions about taking out a loan either lol. Good luck with any and all of them :D

Can't say I'd race to see, or pay money to see any of those to be honest. The last list with Stan Lee, McGregor etc was better.

Please try to get Stan Lee as he's getting on a bit now and is a huge legend in comics and media.

I keep staring at my LOTR extended edition Blu Ray and thinking about how good Sean Bean, Ian Holm and Orlando Bloom's auto would look on it. Happy to pay the price for Sean and Ian but I couldn't warrant that price for Orlando personally, £40-£45 would really be my the highest I would go for him.

Hate to think how much stars such as Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Ruprint Grint would be charged at; I would have to rob a bank!!

I too agree about Stan Lee, Ewan McGregor and of course Chris Lee; get them over! Christopher is more like a guest who should be charging £50 or over.

Edited by ClockworkOwen18

Zach Quintos auto, can't see how 75 quid fits, he hasn't 'earned' that price tag when you compare to other legends you've had over the years that charged £20 to £35. Zach isn't legendary status and when you compare him to the other actors on the list he should be the £35 price mark.

I have no interest in Karl urban but think he is charging far too much, most people have never heard of him, unless he's expecting judge dredd to be a box office smash hit which I doubt.

Going back to your previous list I'd pay 30 quid easily for stan the man Lee. And for 75 quid I would get Christopher Lee. Whom is both legend and well known.

Also Ian mcdiarmid has started signing more this year. He signed emperor photos this year which are on the star wars site for around 200 dollars. I think this is a first that he has actually started signing star wars stuff. Harrison Ford also did the same earlier this year.

Zach Quintos auto, can't see how 75 quid fits, he hasn't 'earned' that price tag when you compare to other legends you've had over the years that charged £20 to £35. Zach isn't legendary status and when you compare him to the other actors on the list he should be the £35 price mark.

I have no interest in Karl urban but think he is charging far too much, most people have never heard of him, unless he's expecting judge dredd to be a box office smash hit which I doubt.

Going back to your previous list I'd pay 30 quid easily for stan the man Lee. And for 75 quid I would get Christopher Lee. Whom is both legend and well known.

Also Ian mcdiarmid has started signing more this year. He signed emperor photos this year which are on the star wars site for around 200 dollars. I think this is a first that he has actually started signing star wars stuff. Harrison Ford also did the same earlier this year.

little subjective isnt it?

Im not saying Christopher isnt a legend but to some people maybe Zach is more well known....?

Like how some people have no idea who Ian Holm is...

little subjective isnt it?

Im not saying Christopher isnt a legend but to some people maybe Zach is more well known....?

Like how some people have no idea who Ian Holm is...

It sets a precedent though for charging these (slightly outrageous)prices for people who have only been on the scene for between 5 and 10 years and have a relatively small body of work whereas £75 I can understand for Christopher Lee who may not be with us for much longer and has a career spanning 60 years and 100's of roles.

Just to be pedantic, Christopher Lee was £55 in the other poll. Zachary is the most expensive price we've seen listed for an actor as far as i'm aware. Personally although I would like to meet Zachary, he's no bigger to me than any other guest really and I wouldve expected to pay £25 tops, so I probably wouldnt pay that much for him, but I would definitely pay £55 for Christopher Lee. I remember when he was announced for LFCC a few years back it was said that his price would be £45, which I was perfectly willing to pay at the time. I want to meet him even more now

Like i've said earlier, I think the results speak for themselves. People like Chris Pine and Zach Quinto, most people are less likely to pay those prices as opposed to people like Ian Holm and Sean Bean who have been acting for years, and have been in lots of great things....and they're cheaper! To me that's a no brainer, the majority would go for them. Don't get me wrong, i'm a bit of a Trek fan as much as anyone else, and I would like to meet the others, and would possibly pay those prices, but i'd much rather meet the 3 winners of the poll so far, as they're cheaper, and better guests(IMO)

Edited by JacknDaniel

Its not about any of that.

Its about how much his people asked for for him to be there (as SM said, runs into 10s of thousands)

SM then have to divide that by how many people they could get through in a day/two days, how many shoots they could do and how many talk tickets they could sell.

That then dictates what price they set for each thing to make back the lump sum they gave to him to appear there.

Its not about any of that.

Its about how much his people asked for for him to be there (as SM said, runs into 10s of thousands)

SM then have to divide that by how many people they could get through in a day/two days, how many shoots they could do and how many talk tickets they could sell.

That then dictates what price they set for each thing to make back the lump sum they gave to him to appear there.

Have to disagree .... I think this is more about seeing what the market will bear and while I think it's fantastic that Showmasters are looking at these people as potential guests, I think we need to send a clear message that we would love to see them but not at these prices.