would you be prepared to pay these prices to meet these guests ?

showmasters

thank you for helping us with this poll it will make a difference   

458 members have voted

1. 1. please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto

• Jean-Claude Van Damme £45
    • Chris Pine £55
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. same again

• Dolph Lundgren £45
    • Christopher Eccleston £35
    • Karl Urban £55
  3. 3. same and thank you for helping us know your thoughts

• Sean Bean £40
    • Zachary Quinto £75
    • Orlando Bloom £65

I've been very lucky in that I've met Chris Pine (really nice and friendly guy), Zachary (same) and Dolph (at the Expendables premiere) but would LOVE a photo with Chris as I've had my photo taken with all the other Trek Captains.

The other guests suggestions are great. Karl is in so many things (Bourne, LOTR, Trek and Judge Dread), same goes for Ian. Van Damme would be very cool.

I do hope though that you haven't forgotten about the previous guest poll - Stan Lee, please!!!

Keep reaching for the stars, Showmasters!!!!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jean-Claude Van Damme - no interest

Chris Pine - ok, but too expensive

Ian Holm - MUST SEE

Dolph Lundgren - no interest

Christopher Eccleston - no interest

Karl Urban - would meet

Sean Bean - MUST MUST MUST SEE*g*

Zachary Quinto - ok, but too expensive

Orlando Bloom - would meet, price is ok

I can see Sean Bean getting a call with the love from this thread!

One thing that should be added in though is what Id call the "really?!?!" factor. While this is all pie in the sky at the minute, can you imagine if JCVD was announced next week? It would go from "hmmm....maybe?" to "HELL YEAH!!! Lets go!!!" And the price would soon become secondary....(within reason).

Edited by maximus

Not for me, I'm not particularly interested in JCVD to be honest. I'd say the reason they're looking for feedback and comments, is they're expecting people to be honest, which I certainly was.

It is good to see though, that the respose has been in agreement with my own personal preferences. I think a lot of it could even be worked out without a poll. £75 for Zachary Quinto, hmmm possibly. £35 for Christopher Eccleston, definitely. £65 for Orlando Bloom, hmm possibly. £40 for Sean Bean, definitely. Seems most people think along the same lines

Edited by JacknDaniel

The only definite for me on this list is Zachary Quinto. Don't get me wrong I would like to meet the ones I haven't met already and would likely pay these prices but the security of getting a multi-signed piece done in the comfort of an event appeals regardless of the price.

Michelle

Edited by re4per

It's really great to see all of the love for the LOTR actors in this thread but it begas the question...

WHY AREN'T YOU ALL COMING TO RETURN TO MIDDLE EARTH?

Come on folks....get your backsides a little further down the Foprum list and clickity click, buy your tickets and make it a weekend to remember.

that was very difficult cause I am a new Trek fan but had to ignore all the Trek guests and went with

Ian Holm Chris Ecclestone and Orlando Bloom

Also had to miss out Sean Bean even though I love LOTR and GOT, have met Orlando before but would love a pic with him

It's really great to see all of the love for the LOTR actors in this thread but it begas the question...

WHY AREN'T YOU ALL COMING TO RETURN TO MIDDLE EARTH?

Come on folks....get your backsides a little further down the Foprum list and clickity click, buy your tickets and make it a weekend to remember.

For me, because these people aren't going to Return to Middle Earth. If it's a convention with John Rhys Davies who i've met about 5 times, Sala Baker who i've met, and someone else who i'm not interested in, or a signing event with Sean Bean for £40 a sig, i'll go to the signing event. Plus if it's a one of kind of chance that they can get these guests, I think it's best to have guests like Sean Bean and Ian Holm at general signing events, as they've been in so much more than LOTR

I'll be honest, I'd probably pay those prices for any of those guys. Maybe not £75 for Zachary Quinto but if you got BOTH him and Chris Pine I'd find it hard to resist. I've met Dolph already so probably wouldn't get him again but it doesn't matter how many times I've met Sean Bean I'd HAVE to get him again if he came to a show. Same with Orlando.

I'll be honest, I'd probably pay those prices for any of those guys. Maybe not £75 for Zachary Quinto but if you got BOTH him and Chris Pine I'd find it hard to resist. I've met Dolph already so probably wouldn't get him again but it doesn't matter how many times I've met Sean Bean I'd HAVE to get him again if he came to a show. Same with Orlando.

I'd have to agree and would consider anyone that's announced (though surprisingly not very interested in Chris Ecclestone compared to other peeps) even at these prices but it would be painful in some cases.

To be fair, most probably aren't too bad. Given what Orlando has been in, you can kind of understand the price, Zachary Quinto seems rather high but get him and Chris Pine together and it would have to be seriously considered.

Fantastic list of possible guests.

I would have to go with

1 - Van Damme

2 - Lundgren

3 - Bean

These three guys were reasonably priced and i would happily pay it.

I have to agree with the majority that as much i like them i dont think that i would splash out o Quinto and Bloom at these prices.

Love the guests you guys are going for. People like Tom Sizemore and the like are excellent guests for Film fans like me who are not as intrested in Who, Star Wars and LOTR.

I would be happy to pay over the odds for one big guest per show, and the usual amounts for your other fantastic guests.

Once again, very impressed with you guys thinking. I hope we give you enough support that you can pull even one of these guests off ( that sounds kinda wrong but you know what i mean!!!!!) :D

Would be interested in JCVD, Dolph Lundgren and Sean Bean could even have a Universal Soldier Photo shoot with Van Damme and Lundgren that would be amazing.

a universal soldier photo shoot,now that sounds a great idea :D

I second that!!!! Or third it or whatever....

I need to start saving!

Hi all,

I voted for

Chris Pine,

Christopher Eccleston (my first choice always. Please, please bring him! :D ),

and Zachary Quinto (even though I'm not happy about the price one bit! ;) ),

Best,

chugs-in-credible1

Edited by chugs-in-credible

£65 / £75 ???

....erm no thanks

as much as I would like to get a photo and auto from all the suggested guests (as I did with Chris Lambert and Karen Gillan) there is no way I would be willing to pay that sort of money to meet unless it was someone of the calibre of Bruce Willis/Harrison Ford/Stallone etc.

Zachery Quinto is great and all but £75 really?

The next Trek movie is not even due to go into production for another year so it will be Dec 2013 at the earliest before we see him as spock again.

How much were Nimoy and Shatner last time they were here?

Couldn't agree with you more. I would love to meet a majority of these guests but those prices for them...it would be as if they were not there because I wouldn't even consider it.

Elijah Wood, Sean Astin & Dominic Monaghan attended Collectormania 4 during LOTR mania & they were all only £20 each.....if they were that price then thats a big jump to Orlando Bloom at £65. And what if Orlando Bloom was at that price & then Elijah wanted to come back? Would he still be £20 like he always has been or because his co-star was so much more, would that mean his price would have to be increased??

Meaning prices just rise & rise & people that fans wanted to meet that were once affordable now you can't even consider them.

I am also surprised that the actors themselves would want these prices. A majority of fans are struggling for money (as is the rest of the country) & whilst I understand that their time is very valuable, I would have thought that £20/30 tops per autograph would have meant that they could meet as many fans as possible, give them a good experience & enjoy the fan experience instead of appealing to just the richer few.

I know this would not be a very popular opinion & I do apologise if this upsets anyone but I think it would lower my opinion of them if the only way they would attend would be to charge the fans these prices, meaning they are unavailable to a wider audience.