would you be prepared to pay these prices to meet these guests ?

showmasters

thank you for helping us with this poll it will make a difference   

458 members have voted

1. 1. please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto

• Jean-Claude Van Damme £45
    • Chris Pine £55
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. same again

• Dolph Lundgren £45
    • Christopher Eccleston £35
    • Karl Urban £55
  3. 3. same and thank you for helping us know your thoughts

• Sean Bean £40
    • Zachary Quinto £75
    • Orlando Bloom £65

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? Zachary Quinto £75. Is this a joke?!!! :clap:

I think it would be safe to book every guest here and they would be constantly busy, however, I can see Quinto spending the weekend twiddling his thumbs.

Edited by Matt2006

I like polls like these .. not necessarily for the prices, but to see which guests are actually possible. Never thought some of them would be!

It seems a little odd than Ian Holm is the only one of the first poll still on the new one though.

Has the old poll gone? Can't see it.

Presumably there's some good reason not to do it that way...

could be many reasons first to see how popular a guest would be without the negative feedback the other would be the price given the choice i think most would say no as everyone would say no but would pay if it was cheaper

Must be some logic to it. IIRC Chris Lambert polled the least number of votes, but that was a success, so in theory any of them are possible.

I'd go to £100 for the 5 difficult ones from Phantom Menance. Since I know they'd be near impossible otherwise. But would only get 1 from each.

I couldn't seem to get my votes to count unless I picked one from each category? I am not really interested in any of the guests in the first section.

I would defintiely pay the quoted prices for Sean Bean and Christopher Ecclestone. I would love to meet Zachary Quinto too, but I am sorry to say that £75 is a bit too steep for me.

As long as Orlando was doing his full signature rather than his 'OB' shortened IP form then I would have NO problem.

Sean Bean would be great.

Ian Holm - Legend!

Dolph - The dude IS He-Man...

JCVD - Not for me but I can see the attraction...

Karl Urban - hmmmm...tricky...undeniably an audience and would be popular if he was £40.00 or less...I really can't see many people going higher than that (would love to be proven wrong though...)

Pine & Quinto - Realistically, whilst there is an appeal there I'm unsure as to how busy they'd be at the quoted prices.

Chris Eccleston - £35.00? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

Jean-Claude Van Damme £45 - Would consider at this price. Photo shoot too...

Chris Pine £55 - Would consider a photo depending on price as i have got his auto once already... got Smokin Aces signed though so may have to consider getting Star Trek done

Ian Holm £45 - Never watch anything with him in so not really fussed...

Dolph Lundgren £45 - Dont need him to sign anything else for me, wouldnt mind getting a better photo with though

Christopher Eccleston £35 - Already got him to sign Heroes for me, photo with already too... may get a proper photo shoot

Karl Urban £55 - would like to meet... but not sure at £55. got a photo already so would want Star Trek signed, still not 100% here

Sean Bean £40 - No interest really

Zachary Quinto £75 - got my Heroes dvd signed but really really need a photo with so would defo consider that assuming the price is the same... would like to get Star Trek signed but again, that price... not sure I could justify it.

Orlando Bloom £65 - Would meet him if it was cheaper or just bumped into him in the street etc but im not really a big enough fan of his movies to start paying that money

Question needs to be asked though... I understand the need to charge £75 for example when considering their fees BUT... surely more people would meet them at £40 for example so you make the money anyway...???

It is still there, a pinned topic in General Chat.

Ah right, I searched using the same words; Jason asked the question again using mostly different ones!

Still I remembered rightly, CL got the least votes - 90 out of 365 voting. And proved a success.

As long as Orlando was doing his full signature rather than his 'OB' shortened IP form then I would have NO problem.

Chris' is one that varies a lot as well. Some aren't much more than CE. But yes you'd want the full works if you are paying for the privilege

It seems a little odd than Ian Holm is the only one of the first poll still on the new one though.

I'd say as this topic was started in the EMS section, it's most likely the big names that are currently free the weekend of EMS, which just coincidentally has Ian Holm who was in the last poll. Would definitely love to meet him.

Have to say, Chris Eccleston is one who would undoubtedly be busy the entire time at the show. At a price like that especially. Doctor Who i'd say is one of the biggest show in television, and Eccleston was the first new Doctor in a long time. In addition to the fact he's never really done any public events like this(not sure if he did an HMV signing or whatever when the first series came out but I don't think so)

He's the overwhelming winner out of all of them....and that includes Sean Bean, Dolph and Ian Holm, who I REALLY want to meet

Question needs to be asked though... I understand the need to charge £75 for example when considering their fees BUT... surely more people would meet them at £40 for example so you make the money anyway...???
Time is the constraint. There is a post somewhere (which I can't find) that explains this far better than I can but I will have a go.

To an extent the quoted prices are based on the maximum number of autographs that can be processed within the time available. For the purpose of this example assume that is 800 autographs per day. Based on that, charging £40 instead of £75 will require an extra 500 autographs to reach the same end total. An increase of 62.5%. As it takes a day to sign 800 where would you find the time to sign the extra 500 that would be required? That is another half a days signing to fit in the same day. William Shatner may be able to do it, but it would probably be a case of him sat in a room on his own and you collecting the autograph afterwards without even meeting him.

I hope that makes sense.

Time is the constraint. There is a post somewhere (which I can't find) that explains this far better than I can but I will have a go.

To an extent the quoted prices are based on the maximum number of autographs that can be processed within the time available. For the purpose of this example assume that is 800 autographs per day. Based on that, charging £40 instead of £75 will require an extra 500 autographs to reach the same end total. An increase of 62.5%. As it takes a day to sign 800 where would you find the time to sign the extra 500 that would be required? That is another half a days signing to fit in the same day. William Shatner may be able to do it, but it would probably be a case of him sat in a room on his own and you collecting the autograph afterwards without even meeting him.

I hope that makes sense.

you lost me at "time is..."

i kid, i kid. makes sense to me

Chris' is one that varies a lot as well. Some aren't much more than CE. But yes you'd want the full works if you are paying for the privilege

That would be very disappointing if they only quickly initialled the autographs. I personally would want personalisation aswell if I was to pay that amount of money, especially for Bloom but I know that would be impossible due to the sheer amount of people in the queue for these type of guests.

For me; it would have to be someone that I was REALLY interested in to warrant an amount of money such as £40 when I knew I didn't stand a chance of at least personalisation. But that may just be me, and I know there are people that wouldn't mind going without.

Voted Sean Bean, Christopher Eccleston, Chris Pine.

As much as I'm a Heroes fan girl unfortunately Zach would be a lil out of my budget.

If he was announced however I'd probably would meet him for that price even if i had to sell belongings to do so xD

Jean-Claude Van Damme £45 - I'm not really familar with much of his work but this seems a fair price

Chris Pine £55 - After the Star Trek movies and much of his recent movie appearances this is a good price for such a current star. Would pay this but would probably only buy a auto or a photo, i doubt i'd do both

Ian Holm £45 - Nice :) yes from me

Dolph Lundgren £45 - Again not really much interest to me but after my internet search this is a pretty good price and for universal Soldier fans the fact that his price matchs JCVD is a added bonus.

Christopher Eccleston £35 Great price for a recent Doctor, Yes yes yes

Karl Urban £55 - As a said before for a recent and quite successful actor this is an ok price and would definately consider meeting him. But would only do one or the other

Sean Bean £40 - Personally I love most of Sean Beans work, and for me this is a fair price for him. Would definately pay that

Zachary Quinto £75 - I love Zach but for me this is a lil too high, as much as I enjoy Heroes and ST my purse couldnt handle this. But i know if he was announced I'd probably cave in lol i think i would consider it more if he was around the price range of the other Star trek actors. That would be pretty cool

Orlando Bloom £65 - LOTR star. I think POTC has kinda pushed peoples interest up in him. For me around 30-35 would be ok for me, purely because I'd wanna meet him for LOTR not POTC

The Price a paid to meet Karen and Christoper Lloyd were very fair prices for that caliber of star and i think anything around that area and maybe a tad higher would be great for me :)

I picked Christopher Eccleston and Orlando Bloom (I didn't know anyone from the first category D: So I chose randomly). I would be prepared to pay £65 to meet Orlando Bloom, but I'm 15 and don't HAVE that money :angry: So I'd have to get my mum to pay, and she certainly wouldn't pay that much! :P But yeh if I had the money (or if my mum would lend me the money) I'd pay for that :P

The more I look at these prices and guests, the more genuinely excited I am that you could get them. £120 for an autograph from Sean Bean, Chris Eccleston and Ian Holm? Without a doubt! Plus i'd likely get a couple from each and a photo session if they did them

Jean-Claude Van Damme £45 - Don't think I'd be bothered whatever the price.

Chris Pine £55 - Would love to get him, but not at this price.

Ian Holm £45 - Definitely.

Dolph Lundgren £45 - Not sure. More of a bargain though compared to JCVD.

Christopher Eccleston - £35 Already met him so highly doubt I'd pay this.

Karl Urban £55 - Would meet him, but not at this price.

Sean Bean £40 - Yes. And a bargain too, especially considering the others in this poll.

Zachary Quinto £75 - Would love to meet him, but it's a definite no from me at this price.

Orlando Bloom £65 - Again would have to be full signature, and not be a quick in out. If so then yes.

The more I look at these prices and guests, the more genuinely excited I am that you could get them. £120 for an autograph from Sean Bean, Chris Eccleston and Ian Holm? Without a doubt! Plus i'd likely get a couple from each and a photo session if they did them

Toterly agree seeing the names like eccelston sean bean and ian holm on the list is really exciting it makes you think that they could possibly have one of them lined up all readybut i no thats unlikly.