would you be prepared to pay these prices to meet these guests ?

showmasters

thank you for helping us with this poll it will make a difference   

458 members have voted

1. 1. please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto

• Jean-Claude Van Damme £45
    • Chris Pine £55
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. same again

• Dolph Lundgren £45
    • Christopher Eccleston £35
    • Karl Urban £55
  3. 3. same and thank you for helping us know your thoughts

• Sean Bean £40
    • Zachary Quinto £75
    • Orlando Bloom £65

Would definitely be interested in Holm, Eccleston and Bean - but especially Christopher Eccleston, he's expensive but compared to the others a real bargain.

Having seen the queues for Karen Gillan and Alex Kingston i think there's definitely a huge market for him even at that price.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the first batch in the general chat, I would love to meet all of them at the price quoted - maybe least of them Stan Lee, but would still meet him if I was at the event anyway.

But from this batch sadly the only one I would be interested in at the price quoted is Ian Holm. The rest is just too expensive or to uninteresting to me.

Is it bad I actually needed to imdb Ian Holm? :unsure:

My vote for Van Damme still stands..

not really he comes under the actors you seen in loads but can not remember names for

i see it as a good thing means they are doing a good job

Edited by jamie

I opted for Ian Holm, Christopher Eccleston and Sean Bean.

Given that John Hurt will be at this event Alien fans will flock far and wide if Ian Holm shows up as well - he seems a natural fit. Plus he's pushing 80 this year. It may be now or never for Holm, he won't be around forever.

I wouldn't see Eccleston (though I like his work) but given the current love for New WHO, he would do Showmasters some roaring trade.

Sean Bean is my must-see guest. I'd pay double to meet him. A real A-Lister who has been in so many things. At £40 he is cheap, especially compared to the other prices for the likes of Van Damme and Lundgren (fading '80s stars) or the rising stars like Pine and Quinto who I don't think are worth the money being asked. Orlando Bloom is a big name so £65 is more understandable.

TBH, none of these are my bag I am afraid but I did the vote for hubby, who is a van damme fan!!, some of those prices are pretty steep tho, for the new 'trek guys, I'd pay £75.00 for Nimoy but not for Zachary Quinto, no matter how good looking the chap is!

Edited by alisonloub

Is it bad I actually needed to imdb Ian Holm? :unsure:

Yes :P

Guess it depends what kind of things you're into but he is a bit of a legend so I'd have to say yes as well ;)

But that's what makes having such a wide variety of guests fun and interesting. I'm not that excited about Chris Ecclestone for example but others are. There's plenty of guests some people think are amazing yet I have to look up to see what they've been in, so swings and roundabouts.

I tried to vote but it wouldn't let me. I vote a huge resounding YES to Christopher Eccleston, you've already got me on a mad high by announcing Alex Winter but if you got Eccleston, well that'd be my birthday weekend complete (this is my birthday treat coming to this event).

You have to vote for one of each section.

Which of course goes against the instructiuons of "please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto "

Never undersatnd why they do the polls this way, as if you want to vote for one guest only, you then have to vote for one guest in each other section whether you want to or not.

The way to actually let people vote for guests would be to say "Would you pay fr an auto with these guests at these prices?" then have

Poll 1: Ian Holm £40 with a poll choice of Yes or No

Poll 2: Zachary Quinto £75 with a poll choice of Yes or No

etc.

Presumably there's some good reason not to do it that way...

I tried to vote but it wouldn't let me. I vote a huge resounding YES to Christopher Eccleston, you've already got me on a mad high by announcing Alex Winter but if you got Eccleston, well that'd be my birthday weekend complete (this is my birthday treat coming to this event).

You have to vote for one of each section.

Which of course goes against the instructiuons of "please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto "

Never undersatnd why they do the polls this way, as if you want to vote for one guest only, you then have to vote for one guest in each other section whether you want to or not.

The way to actually let people vote for guests would be to say "Would you pay fr an auto with these guests at these prices?" then have

Poll 1: Ian Holm £40 with a poll choice of Yes or No

Poll 2: Zachary Quinto £75 with a poll choice of Yes or No

etc.

Presumably there's some good reason not to do it that way...

could be many reasons first to see how popular a guest would be without the negative feedback the other would be the price given the choice i think most would say no as everyone would say no but would pay if it was cheaper

My opinion has always been "the bigger the guest, the bigger the price".

Most peeps that Ive met, nobody outside the horror geeks have ever heard of!!! At least those listed, the non-show goers have heard of!!

Give me the right guest(s) and ill pay it!

Wes Craven, Rob Zombie, Sam Raimi? Those are the calibre of guest that Id pay that for!

I voted for Holm, Eccleston, and Bloom.

Saying that, I wouldn't be willing to pay £65 for Orlando, I would dearly love to see him at an event, but I just wouldn't be able to afford this price. If he was around the same price as Ian Holm or Chris Eccleston, then yes I would definitely meet him then, and at that price, you'd get more people to meet him (that'll make it up to the amount you'll need to get him!). :clap:

I would be prepared to pay these prices for all the guests except Zachary Quinto. I would though at these prices expect the guests to be personalising like with Christopher Lambert. Whilst I would like to meet Zachary I think that price is far too high for someone who is known from Heroes and just one Star Trek film, especially when someone like Sean Bean is virtually half the price and a far bigger name. Keep trying to get the bigger guests though Showmasters, meeting Christopher Lambert at LFCC was soooo cool!

Can I just say Jason, I really like the idea of these polls, it's good to see what kind of guests you're looking at(which are obvious guests, but it's good to see confirmation that you guys have worked hard to try and get them) and also to see what fan opinion is about them. When I saw some of the names on the poll, I got pretty excited at the thought I might actually get the chance to meet them. I'm glad to see my favourites seem to be winning!

Jean-Claude Van Damme £45 - I probably wouldnt meet him even if he was a regular price, so wouldn't pay this

Chris Pine £55 - I wouldn't mind meeting him, but he's probably a bit too much for me

Ian Holm £45 - wins by a landslide for me, i'd love to meet him more than most celebs! Please get him!

Dolph Lundgren £45 - He only didn't win this category for me because he's up against Eccleston, but I would LOVE to meet this man

Christopher Eccleston £35 - Wins hands down, HUGE doctor who fan so couldn't pass up the chance to meet him, especially at that price!

Karl Urban £55 - Would love to meet him, just not as much as the other 2

Sean Bean £40 - Would definitely pay this. He's worth even more IMO, and have always wanted to meet him

Zachary Quinto £75 - I MIGHT pay this much for him, but he's a lot more than I ever imagined he'd be

Orlando Bloom £65 - Would like to meet, I could manage if he wasn't there with loads of others I wanted to meet!

Edited by JacknDaniel

This makes me even more gutted that Zach cancelled his Eclipse appearances. *sigh* I don't know if I could justify getting an autograph at that price. Photoshoot, maybe. Same goes for Chris Pine, although that price is a bit better.

Sean Bean and Christopher Eccleston, on the other hand? Hell, yes. :clap: I'd probably go for Ian Holm as well.

Some absolutely epic names here Jason!

In the last category I voted for Orlando, but would ideally like Sean too, especially at the price listed.

Thanks for all you do in bringing us close to these legends. :clap: