would you be prepared to pay these prices to meet these guests ?

showmasters

thank you for helping us with this poll it will make a difference   

458 members have voted

1. 1. please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto

• Jean-Claude Van Damme £45
    • Chris Pine £55
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. same again

• Dolph Lundgren £45
    • Christopher Eccleston £35
    • Karl Urban £55
  3. 3. same and thank you for helping us know your thoughts

• Sean Bean £40
    • Zachary Quinto £75
    • Orlando Bloom £65

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to vote but it wouldn't let me. I vote a huge resounding YES to Christopher Eccleston, you've already got me on a mad high by announcing Alex Winter but if you got Eccleston, well that'd be my birthday weekend complete (this is my birthday treat coming to this event).

Yikes! That was a tough choice, I'd like to see them all.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of the country when this event happens (I'm gutted about this), but if you do get any of them, I'll be handing my money over to the pre order autograph service!

Oh, I voted JCVD, Karl Urban and Orlando Bloom. :P

Edited by Flibble

I tried to vote but it wouldn't let me. I vote a huge resounding YES to Christopher Eccleston, you've already got me on a mad high by announcing Alex Winter but if you got Eccleston, well that'd be my birthday weekend complete (this is my birthday treat coming to this event).

You have to vote for one of each section.

i know some of you find the poll not effective or guests being in the wrong section , but over all it works and it dose help us understand what you want from us in way of the guests .

Well there's only one person on the list I'd want to meet, I'll leave you to guess WHO.

But only one or two sigs, he's good via the post.

quinto id pay that for a photo but yes that is v expensive for him, bit weird how he values himself more than pine costs wise. Id kill for a joint photo op with pine and quinto, id pay 200 for that (though id cry in doing so)

It won't be that he sets the price and thinks he's better than Chris Pine, it will be down to the convention agents to negotiate.

And I too would kill for a Pinto photo shoot!

I can't vote because there is only one definite yes for me. Christopher Eccleston.

Chris Pine, Ian Holm, Karl Urban, - in the 'would like' category but it would depend on spare funds at the time.

Zachary Quinto, Orlando Bloom - similar to the above three but less likely at those prices.

CVD, Sean Bean - not for me but I think they are bargins at those prices.

Jean-Claude Van Damme £45 - Not interested personally.

Chris Pine £55 - Same as above.

Ian Holm £45 - I may consider but most probably could not afford him.

Dolph Lundgren £45 - Personally not interested.

Christopher Eccleston £35 - Brother would probably try and save up.

Karl Urban £55 - Not interested at that price.

Sean Bean £40 - Again I may be tempted, and the price is a little better but I would have to really weigh up guest priorities.

Zachary Quinto £75 - Not interested.

Orlando Bloom £65 - Would love to meet Orlando but the price is way out of my range.

Stole the layout from DavidB, hope he doesn't mind :P

I voted Pine, Eccleston, and Quinto. If either Eccleston or Quinto are announced, I'll be there no questions asked. :P Especially Zach! Call me crazy but I'd probably have to get both a Sylar and Spock pic signed

P.s. I'd also happily pay those prices to meet Ian Holm, Karl Urban, Sean Bean, and Orlando Bloom :D

The only guest I would definitely meet is Ian Holm, and I agree with others that he should be a priority.

Would maybe meet Chris Eccleston if the event and conditions were right so I voted for him.

Not really interested in any in the third bracket but I voted for Sean Bean as I believe he would do the most business out of the other two especially considering the price.

Bit disgusted that Zachary Quinto is suggested at £75, hasn't he already done a Showmasters event, before Star Trek...but still! Think he would have a very quiet table.

Edited by Matt Effect

If you get Ian Holm as a guest (on Saturday) I promise I will get both an Autograph and a Photoshoot, assuming they are both the same price that's £90 you have already theoretically made :P

£180 - i'd happily double it :D

Ian Holm would be awesome for EMS as John Hurt is already attending. More people may pay to meet both actors since they share a common film.

Also, I like this way of Showmasters giving us an idea of guests they are thinking of booking. Hope it continues!

£65 / £75 ???

....erm no thanks

as much as I would like to get a photo and auto from all the suggested guests (as I did with Chris Lambert and Karen Gillan) there is no way I would be willing to pay that sort of money to meet unless it was someone of the calibre of Bruce Willis/Harrison Ford/Stallone etc.

Zachery Quinto is great and all but £75 really?

The next Trek movie is not even due to go into production for another year so it will be Dec 2013 at the earliest before we see him as spock again.

How much were Nimoy and Shatner last time they were here?

Edited by Farqhuarbeedlebum

If you get Ian Holm as a guest (on Saturday) I promise I will get both an Autograph and a Photoshoot, assuming they are both the same price that's £90 you have already theoretically made :D

£180 - i'd happily double it :P

Good man! :P

And to throw something else on to the table, my twitter account is hot at the moment because Jon Spaihts tweeted me confirming Alien Harvest was a fake script. So If I tweeted Iam Holm is going to be at EMS if you nab him along with John Hurt then loads of Alien fans may see it!! and you'll make even more money!

I desperately want to meet Ian Holm

Is it just coincidence that the 'cheapest' in each section is the most popular (apart from JCVD and Ian Holm who are the same price and fairly closely matched - at the moment at least?)

JCVD - Not interested.

Chris Pine - For my wife - YES (auto + photo)

Ian Holm - For me, YES (auto + photo)

Dolph Lundgren - Not interested.

Christopher Eccleston - Not interested

Karl Urban £55 - For my wife - YES (auto + photo)

Sean Bean - Not interested.

Zachary Quinto £75 - For my wife - YES YES YES (auto + photo)

Orlando Bloom - Not interested

Get all 3 Star Trek guys together for a photoshoot and that would be my wife's birthday and Christmas present taken care of!

I can't vote because there is only one definite yes for me. Christopher Eccleston.

Even though you bullied me on Facebook earlier :P, I have to agree. Zachary Quinto I would love to meet but wouldn't at that price. Eccleston is the only definite yes I'd be happy to pay the price for.

If you get Ian Holm as a guest (on Saturday) I promise I will get both an Autograph and a Photoshoot, assuming they are both the same price that's £90 you have already theoretically made :P

£180 - i'd happily double it :P

I see your £180 and happily raise it to £270 :D

nothing against the actors listed at the higher price but i must admit i wouldnt pay that amount for them i would be more likely to pay the higher rate for the older actors who have done alot more i like such as christopher lee

i must add i do like the votes you are doing maybe you could give them a whole section on the forum rather than in each show and do as many as you can

Edited by jamie