Guests at Bitten 2

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi all,

Obviously we have been unlucky with guests dropping out for this show! :huh:

With Mariana dropping out only last night it is going to be very difficult to get a replacement at such short notice! However, we are looking at what we can do. One thing I can promise you is that the weekend will be AMAZING FUN no matter what! :WINCE:

Regarding our other guests, I spoke with Grant and Marshall's people last night and they are still good to come and really looking forward to meeting you all. :YAHOO:

I didn't speak with Joe's people as there is no need as he flew into the country a couple of days ago and so is already here and eager to have a great weekend with us! :YAHOO:

In the office this morning we have read some of the comments you have been making in other threads about how it will be a great weekend whatever and that you understand the cancellations are not our fault. I just wanted to say thank you very much for the positive attitude that you all seem to have. It really gets us down in the office when we lose guests, especially so close to an event when we know it is going to be almost impossible to replace them. To have such positive comments from you all helps actually lift our spirits and spurs us on to actually try even harder to make the event even better for you. :D

Please bear with us for the next day or so. The schedule will change now and we will post the new schedule in the next couple of days when we have worked out how best to bring you the best weekend of True Blood fun we can!

Thanks

Mark, Jason, Gemma, Andrea and all of us at Massive Events :D

• Moderators

Can't afford to come to this one myself, which is a shame as I'd love to see everyone, but I know there was such great feedback about all the guests and parties etc last time that no doubt this time everyone is going to have an equally great event.

Guests can cancel at any time but in the end, you have to make the most out of the situation and just make it the best weekend you can. I realise for most of the attendees this will just involve a huge amount of alcohol, but nothing wrong with that :WINCE:

Thanks for the update - glad you managed to confirm that Grant and Marshall are still coming as well as Joe! Obviously a replacement for Mariana would be brilliant, but we've had a great con with three guests before and we'll have ourselves a fab time at Bitten 2, I'm sure of it. :WINCE:

I can't even begin to tell you how gutted I am that I can't attend due to going on holiday on Saturday. You may only have 3 guests at this moment but they are 3 amazing guests and I would so love to be there to meet them. I'm sure that whether you get a replacement guest or not, the event will be a blast and I can't wait to see lots of pictures when I get back in a couple of weeks.

I always feel just as sorry for you at Massive Events as I am disappointed for myself when guests cancel. It's a shame about Mariana - that's the second time I'll have missed her, and I was looking forward to meeting Mehcad. But these things happen, and I am pleased for them that they are working.

Massive Events remain my favourite con organiser, because I know that *no matter what* I will have an absolutely awesome time, becuse you guys always go that extra mile! :firedevil:

Joe+Marshall+Grant = an amazing Bitten2! :firedevil:

Roll on the weekend! :dance:

While I know it's not your fault it'd be nice if you could come up with something amazing for those of us who have paid out a LOT for Gold tickets, free guest encounter, free group shot, or how about the 2 photoshoots we've lost, could we have those with 2 of the remaining 3 guests, something like that?????

I know it may not be totally feasible but it's just an idea, I'm sure it'll be a fab weekend no matter what!!! :firedevil:

I have to agree. I completely understand that guests cancel and these things can't be helped but at the same time, we boomed silver tickets on the understanding that there would be 5 guests. We are now not getting anything more than the people who bought standard tickets (I believe it works out to be a similar price now). So perhaps SM can do something for those who have shed the money out, like allowing the silvers to go to the reception? And the golds getting extra photos or something? As I'm sure you can understand - these things aren't cheap and I really wouldn't have paid for silver tickets for just 3 guests. Im sure you will do your best to make it a great event no matter what. I still look forward to it. Thank you .

P.S. I would email you this but have already sent 2 emails from different accounts and not had replies!!

Thank you for posting this thread. I am fully supporting ME as its not your fault at all and quite annoyed me that guests announced on Twitter before even contacting the events organisers.

I always buy standard so Im not disappointed if something like this happens and it does state on the website that guests appear subject to work commitments and although its frustrating, Im sure things will be made up in some way or another.

Ive enjoyed all the events Ive attended from ME and have had great times and enjoyed every guest.

I cant wait to meet the guests this weekend and me, my partner and my best friend will still have a great time no matter what.

Come on guys, its will still be great fun with the 3 amazing guests we have.

Yeah its a shame to lose 2 guests, but im sure it will still be as much fun.

As for allowing the silvers to go to the reception, that would not be fair on the people who have paid more for the Gold tickets!!

ME have done a great job, and cant wait till friday :)

DavidB- Shame you can't come buddy. Would of been great to see you again.

I went to Eclipse3, that only had 3 guests but was a awesome weekend. ME pulled it out of the hat and I had a great time, I'm certain this weekend will be the same.

At least we know 100% that Mariana won't attend now, I still think it's unfair for us fans to find out via Twitter instead of "their people" contacting ME.

• Showmasters Admin

Task 1: Try and find a replacement.

If no replacement can be found at a reasonable price....

Task 2: Sort out extras :firedevil:

Trust me ME will not leave you hanging. The guys are very aware of this situation and will do what they can to give everyone value for money, they always have in the past :firedevil:

Just give them a bit of time to try and find a replacement.

My friend recommended ME over another convention company, and I have complete trust in ME and I can tell you guys put in a lot of effort in.

this weekend will be awesome. it is quality not quantity after all, and these are quality guests!

i'm buzzing off the excitement! just wish it was firday already! :firedevil:

I love this thread, it just reminds me how good ME attendees are.

Everyone has put across there point so politely and respectfully im sure it makes such a difference to the ME organisers.

Yes I agree that without a replacement guest gold/ silver should get some extras and think that it was so nice tha there was no screaming or shouting or demanding of it.

I think it was a good point raised very fairly with some good suggestions thrown in, I love that :)

Life has given us lemons and were making lemonade :) well done ppl

Personally I and I think so many others are holding out for another guest over extras ( fingers crossed mr Hyde lol) but either way feel safe in the knowledge that ME are doing there best for us the fans.

Rock on bitten 2

Edited by stepster

Yes they are quality guests but I and I suspect quite a few others have paid £195 for this when I could easily have paid standard prices and bought the photos which would have totalled £118, leaving me £77 better off than I am now!!!!

I will obviously have a fab time no matter but this does leave a slightly bitter feeling I'm afraid!!!!

Agreed! Something extra for Gold and Silver ticket holders would be good! Whilst I understand that guests do cancel, I am a bit upset that I have now wasted money on a silver ticket!

Have every faith in ME to sort this out though :)

Thank you for replying Too Tall, I appreciate the efforts.

And to who said about not letting silvers attend reception - I did say then do something extra for golds!! :)

As I said before still looking forward to it and I know ME aren't to blame.

I think they are quality guests and whilst i do see why some people may feel a bit miffed that they paid for gold/silver im sure ME will make it up and it will be a great weekend. I don't regret buying silver and im just looking forward to lots of fun, meeting joe, meeting new people hopefully, getting drunk and getting away for the weekend. It will be a fun as we make it.

I'm excited :dance:

And to who said about not letting silvers attend reception - I did say then do something extra for golds!! :)

I didn't even notice you mention that earlier on... but I disagree completely. the wine reception is basically the difference between silver and gold. it wouldn't be fair to those of us who have forked out for gold specifically for it if other ticket categories got it too.

PLUS with less guests, the last thing we want is more people in that reception, we'd be lucky to get a hello from each guest!