Hilton room availability

crepusculo

heya guys,

just a little bit concerned as i called the hilton today to see what sorts of rooms were available, and the lady i spoke to informed me that there were no rooms left in the entire hotel apart from one twin deluxe room for friday and saturday.

ive never had a problem getting a hold of rooms for the convention, so i was just wondering are other people having problems too and if massive events know anything about the hilton releasing more rooms nearer to the time?

or if anyone has in fact booked a room and is now not going.

many thanks,

crepusculo (LA)

I've been trying to get a deluxe queen room and it's impossible. I contacted the hotel like one week or two after ET( and they told me no queen was avalaible which I found surprising with boooking so early.

A few topics have been mentioning this issue but no replies from Massive Events. Not sure what's going on.

I just had a look at what other events were on at the NEC complex that weekend, and looks like Cliff Richard or the Dive Show could be the problem.

LA, I take it you've booked for the dates they have (and the thursday as well???? - you and P, if push comes to shove and they don't have anything last minute on Sunday camp out with Me, Cherie, Z and Lyd. They'll prob have no-shows or last minute cancellations for the Sunday anyway xxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying for ages to get booked in. In the end I managed to get a Twin deluxe just this morning which wasn't what I wanted but better than nothing.

If you create an online account with them, or if you're a hiltonhonors member (or sign up for it) - you can edit your reservations online, so instead of calling them every day looking for a cancellation if you want to upgrade/change room type, you'll be able to do it via the website xxx

Hi The hotel is ultra busy due the popularity of Cliff Richard!!

There are likely to be a good amount of cancellations as people tend to book too many rooms early on and then as they sort themselves out with roomies etc or drop out completely then rooms free up.

I think the thing is to keep checking :-))

Hi The hotel is ultra busy due the popularity of Cliff Richard!!

Sorry but hahahahahaha

Can you imagine if he stayed and all us lot wandered round dressed up!!

We're all about 60 years younger than his fans and he may get very happy at his "new group of fans"

Maybe he could appear at one of the theme nights as the entertainment.

I literally just booked the last room in the whole place :S

serioulsy?

Well when I called and tried to book a room they said all we have left for that entire weekend is a queen deluxe but others might get freed up so yeah

I was also going to ask whether anyone who wanted a queen room from friday till Sunday check out but could only get a twin wanted to swap just because me and my sister aren't overly psyched on the idea of having to share a bed :s :)

I literally just booked the last room in the whole place :S

serioulsy?

Well when I called and tried to book a room they said all we have left for that entire weekend is a queen deluxe but others might get freed up so yeah

I was also going to ask whether anyone who wanted a queen room from friday till Sunday check out but could only get a twin wanted to swap just because me and my sister aren't overly psyched on the idea of having to share a bed :s :)

tht's interesting because when I contacted them in March, they said they had no queen deluxe available left

I have been trying for ages to get booked in. In the end I managed to get a Twin deluxe just this morning which wasn't what I wanted but better than nothing.

If you create an online account with them, or if you're a hiltonhonors member (or sign up for it) - you can edit your reservations online, so instead of calling them every day looking for a cancellation if you want to upgrade/change room type, you'll be able to do it via the website xxx

I never thought of that! I have both...an account and hiltonhonors~

The hotel is ultra busy due the popularity of Cliff Richard!!
We're all about 60 years younger than his fans

Unlikely, since the average age of his fans is about 60 (I used to work with one who was quite obsessed, so got to hear more about the demography of Cliff fans than I ever wanted to know or cared about :thumbup: )

tht's interesting because when I contacted them in March, they said they had no queen deluxe available left

Presumably at some point since March somebody who had a queen deluxe booked has cancelled...

Unlikely, since the average age of his fans is about 60 (I used to work with one who was quite obsessed, so got to hear more about the demography of Cliff fans than I ever wanted to know or cared about :lol: )

I have an aunt like that... you learn to switch off and nod politely in places... "Ooooooo Cliffie is soooo gorrrrgeous, he's the perfect mannnnn!"

Oh heck, come to think about it, lots of my friends nod and hmm when I'm talking about Twilight....

Edited by Gemma Williams

• 4 weeks later...

there still isnt any rooms!! i have been ringing for a couple of weeks now and still nothing :unsure:

I have just cancelled two room bookings for this weekend - my daughter has decided that she no longer wishes to go so cancelled one twin and one queen so if you're quick, you might be able to get either one.

Myself and sister are going to be staying at the etap hotel at the air port.

Its basic and costs a little more.

We are only staying fri and sat night as cant afford the sunday as well :/

But if you do stay there feel free to let us know :)

Your more than welcome to come with us too and from the hilton.

We will be walking over in the day and at night getting taxi cabs.

My facebook is Averil Jazzy Hudson.

Best of luck!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...