disgustingly innacurate portrayal of cosplayers!

As has been said, this article is quite possibly there to get an outraged reaction. This is incredibly annoying as all you want to do is fight back! It is just one of the many cruel injustices of the world that situations like this arise, where no-one will take you seriously. My advice? I don't know. But if you do post a comment, make sure you don't go into full-blown rage mode as this is what they want. Think about the points you make beforehand and you will show that you are more intelligent than the writer. But the most important thing is just to not let it get you down. If we all keep going to wonderful events like LFCC then he will not have won. Long live Showmasters!

Are most of the comments on the paper's website from people on the forum? Because they are absolutely true. I have also posted one and I encourage everyone to do the same. This is only allowed to happen because con-goers are seen as weak. So fight back everyone!

I've just seen your comment (I'm guessing it's yours as I've seen you mention you're 14 before) and I have to say that it was so wonderfully put. I obviously agree with everything everyone said but I was very impressed by your reasoning and had to let you know that you put yourself across as a wonderfully intelligent and kind young man. :D

The comparisons between football fans knowing lots of the history behind their teams etc and painting their faces is spot on and I may have to steal that when arguing the geek case myself.

Thank you! That's one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me! I have seen pictures of you cosplaying and I think I saw you at LFCC this year. I think I speak for all of us con-goers who don't dress up when I say thank you for all that you and other cosplayers do. The convention wouldn't be the same without you guys and you brighten up the weekend! Don't let ignorant people like the man who wrote this article put you down. You are all amazing!

Awe, thank you, sweetheart! If we're at any more of the same events and you see me you must come up and tell me who you are so I can give you a hug. :D

Unfortunately I can only really afford to go to LFCC but I do go every year. If I see you in 2012 I'll say hi!

Unfortunately I can only really afford to go to LFCC but I do go every year. If I see you in 2012 I'll say hi!

I can't really afford many events either. 1 to 2 a year at the mo and this was my first LFCC and I'm thinking I'll definitely be back next year. :-)

What a sad, silly inaccurate article, poor researched written etc still I am one of the older attendees he is having a dig at (not a cosplayer though) don't waste your time getting upset he is not worth it and clearly has a blinkered outlook and hidden agenda!