Guest Days and Prices

showmasters

Hi Donkey

That £65 is not a typo.

At the request of Scot the signing fee was amended to the correct price.

Dave Phillips

That's quite a hike Dave... I know its not your doing but at the 2004 show at Coventry I could get 3 signatures for that price and still have a fiver left for a drink at the bar. It has to be said though that the £65 is in line with the $100 fee for Scott's signature at the ASF show in November in Florida.

This might have been answered somewhere else already, but do we know how much it’ll cost for an inscription/extra writing with Buzz Aldrin’s autograph?

Would be useful to know before the show.

At the ASF show in Florida in 2008 the price was $50 per word (base fee was $350) though at the start of the show the fee was $30 per word. I'd guestimate it will be around £30-£35 per word.....

Edited by machbusterman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each guest will be doing a lecture on both Sat and Sun. Cost is £10 each.

They will be on sale on the website shortly or call 01959 573792

does this mean that each Q and A is £10 to attend

Yes, it will be £10 for each individual lecture.

Just noticed that the Q and A's cost...why are they not mostly free like other showmaster event..this will end up being a very expensive weekend.....

Yes, it will be £10 for each individual lecture.

Just noticed that the Q and A's cost...why are they not mostly free like other showmaster event..this will end up being a very expensive weekend.....

So is there any" no charge" Q and A's or lectures as only 4 people are doing a paided ones.

Well it seems pretty clear that it is Aldrin who is exploiting his fans, my apologies Showmasters, I do not know that you did not have an imput into guest autograph rates.
Given the iconic nature of Mr Aldrin's fame, the idea that anybody other than him would have any input into his rates is perhaps a little naive; basically you either pay what he asks, or he won't be coming. (Let's face it, you're not going to get Neil Armstrong to come instead, are you? :YAHOO: )

I could understand him charging £200 + if he needed the money, but he clearly doesn't,
You have access to details of Mr Aldrin's financials? How are you in a position to judge that "he clearly doesn't" need the money? If nothing else, since he has recently filed for divorce in California, one can suspect that however much money he has (or that you think he has) is about to be rather diminished.

£225 is a good price for BUZZ. I paid more than that in the states two years ago. If you think it's too much don't pay it!!!!!!

yes,225 maybe a bit steep but he did go to the moon!!! :P

Has anyone realised that the link to the Autographica section says that the event is from Friday to Saturday? Might be worth changing that so no-one misses out.

Autographica IS from Friday to Saturday. Friday night there is a drinks reception for Diamond geezers and guests. They used to have a signing session, but not anymore.

I may be mistaken but I don't think that nosfer2 is questioning the Friday aspect. More likely the Saturday part, as the event finishes on Sunday.

I will see if I can get it changed.