Guest Days and Prices

showmasters

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems pretty clear that it is Aldrin who is exploiting his fans, my apologies Showmasters, I do not know that you did not have an imput into guest autograph rates.
Given the iconic nature of Mr Aldrin's fame, the idea that anybody other than him would have any input into his rates is perhaps a little naive; basically you either pay what he asks, or he won't be coming. (Let's face it, you're not going to get Neil Armstrong to come instead, are you? :lol: )

I could understand him charging £200 + if he needed the money, but he clearly doesn't,
You have access to details of Mr Aldrin's financials? How are you in a position to judge that "he clearly doesn't" need the money? If nothing else, since he has recently filed for divorce in California, one can suspect that however much money he has (or that you think he has) is about to be rather diminished.

How about having a top price for all astronauts of £100

Well it seems pretty clear that it is Aldrin who is exploiting his fans, my apologies Showmasters, I do not know that you did not have an imput into guest autograph rates.
Given the iconic nature of Mr Aldrin's fame, the idea that anybody other than him would have any input into his rates is perhaps a little naive; basically you either pay what he asks, or he won't be coming. (Let's face it, you're not going to get Neil Armstrong to come instead, are you? :P )

I could understand him charging £200 + if he needed the money, but he clearly doesn't,
You have access to details of Mr Aldrin's financials? How are you in a position to judge that "he clearly doesn't" need the money? If nothing else, since he has recently filed for divorce in California, one can suspect that however much money he has (or that you think he has) is about to be rather diminished.

Especially as a photo with him is £50

Which would rule out certain guests from attending even if they are willing. It's not really fair to deny people, who are willing and able to pay x amount for an autograph from such a guest, the opportunity to do so. Is it?

Which would rule out certain guests from attending even if they are willing. It's not really fair to deny people, who are willing and able to pay x amount for an autograph from such a guest, the opportunity to do so. Is it?

I thoroughly agree with you. Now that Autographica is only once a year it gives people more time to save up for those really special signatures (although I did enjoy it when it was twice a year!)

Steve

I have been to Autogrphica a few times it is the one of the best, friendly and 100% well run, I saved up for the autos I want over time, I stopped having two lattes at work from when he was put on list, and that pays for my buzz auto with me standing right beside the history maker himself. Thank you guys for all the hard work you all do. Debs :D

Buzz Aldrin was one of the first men on the moon and to have his Autograph to have a picture taken with someone who is gonna be remembered for all of world history for the price of £225 pound is worth every single penny if you can afford it.

I have been to Autogrphica a few times it is the one of the best, friendly and 100% well run, I saved up for the autos I want over time, I stopped having two lattes at work from when he was put on list, and that pays for my buzz auto with me standing right beside the history maker himself. Thank you guys for all the hard work you all do. Debs :blush:

Buzz Aldrin was one of the first men on the moon and to have his Autograph to have a picture taken with someone who is gonna be remembered for all of world history for the price of £225 pound is worth every single penny if you can afford it.

May be worth adding, it's £225 for the auto, £50 for the picture taken with him. Not sure which you meant, but it sounded like you either meant £225 total for them of £225 each which isn't correct.

The photo of Bruce McCandless's untethered spacewalk if perhaps one of the most famous photos from the US manned spaceflight programme. He also acted as capcom during the EVA on Apollo 11 so he does have a direct link to the first moonlanding if you wanted something like that.

Damn right! Im no "space fanatic" but this hangs proudly on my wall:

IMG_4132.jpg

1 metre squared Giclee canvas print, signed by Bruce in 2005 at Autographica. Funnily enough, Jeremy Beadle was there as well (I think he was attending the auction?).

IMG_4133.jpg

:dance:

Edited by maximus

Wow! Wifey and I had planned to go to Autographica just to get Buzz's autograph and god knows how long we had been waiting for him to come but the price is too high for us. Although we are avid collectors of signatures (more than 200 so far) we decided there must be a limit. The line has been drawn on this one. However, I appreciate Showmasters's effort to bring him here and give us all a chance to meet Aldrin anyway.

wow, im not much into autos, but that is an awesome canvas, id love stuff like this but I dont have the patience or the money to get stuff like this with the astronauts.

Im still on the fence with buzz auto, I want it, but I have 2 issues, the item I want it on is a plastic old plate ive had since I was a kid and im not sure the auto will go on it well or look good, Im worried the auto will be faded, thin or just not stay on it ect, and also every time I think about £250 I just think I cant justify it.

arghhh

but photo op for sure!