Guest Days and Prices

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

......................................DAYS ........AUTO ........PHOTOSHOOT

AMANDA BARRIE...............SAT...............£15.............£..15

BETTINE LE BEAU..............Both..............£15 .........................+ DINNER

BILL OEFELEIN.................Both...............£25...............£20....... + DINNER

BRUCE MCANDLES.............Both..............£50 .............£20.......+ DINNER

CATHERINE SERRE.............Both..............£15 ........................+DINNER

CHICHINOU KAEPELLER.......Both................£15 .......................+ DINNER

DAVID GRAHAM ................SUN...............£15 ............ £10

DEREK FOWLDS ................SAT .............£15 ..............£15

ED MITCHELL ..................Both .............£80.............£20 ........ + DINNER

GEORGE MIKELL................SUN ..............£15

GEORGE JOHNNY JOHNSON BOTH.............£10..............£10 ........ + DINNER

HONOR BLACKMAN............BOTH..............£15.............£15

IRKA BOCHENKO...............Both...............£15 ............................+ DINNER

JEAN BOHT .....................SUN...............£10 .............£10

JEREMY RANDALL..............SAT ..............£15

JERRY BOSTICK................BOTH...............£25.............£10 ......... + DINNER

JOCKE LOWE................... SAT................£15

JO LANCASTER ...............SAT................£10..............£10 ......... + DINNER

JULIE STEVENS ................BOTH..............£15.............. £15.....+ DINNER

KATHRYN THORNTON.........Both ..............£25..............£20.........+ DINNER

KENNY BAKER...................Both..............£15...............£15.. + DINNER

KENNETH COPE ................SAT...............£10 .............£10 + DINNER

LANA WOOD ................... BOTH.............£15 .................... +DINNER

MATT ZIMMERMAN .......... BOTH.............£15..............£10.... + DINNER

MICHAEL COCHRANE......... SAT ..............£10..............£10

MICHAEL JAYSTON ......... SUN................£10...............£10 + DINNER

MIKE PEARSON................SAT................£15

NEIL RANDALL.................SAT............ ...£15

NORMAN THAGARD .........BOTH...............£25................£20 + DINNER

PHILIP MADOC ...............SUN................£10................£10

RICH GRAHAM................BOTH................£20...............£10 + DINNER

RODNEY BEWES ............. Sat................£15...............£15 + DINNER

RUSTY GOFFE ............. .SAT...............£15................£15 + DINNER

SHANE RIMMER ............ BOTH.............£15 .............£10 + DINNER

STIRLING MOSS ...........Sat..............£20 images, £30 on premium items

SUSAN HAMPSHIRE..........SUN................£15.............£15

SYBIL DANNING ............BOTH...............£15............£15 + DINNER

STEPHEN GREIF .............. SUN...............£10............£10

THOMAS JONES...............BOTH...............£25............£20 + DINNER

BOND GIRL PHOTO SHOOT - all available girls on the relevant day £20

The latest photo shoots will be up on the site soon

THUNDERBIRDS PHOTO SHOOT - Photo with all 3 voice actors on Sunday for £20

Dinner tickets are available and spaces are available for most guests, give us a call to book the table with the guest you want.

LECTURES

JERRY BOSTICK

ED MITCHELL

BRUCE MCANDLESS

RICH GRAHAM

KATHRYN THORNTON

NORMAN THANGARD

BILL OEFELEIN

Each guest will be doing a lecture on both Sat and Sun. Cost is £10 each.

They will be on sale on the website shortly or call 01959 573792

Edited by showmasters

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not one £10 guest.

Prices are rising? :dance:

prices have been around the £15 mark for most guests for around ten years so cant complain really

Bond actors, and many others I thought had consiseantly previously been only £10.00.

As somebody said in the "would you pay......" thread, these price rises soon get accepted as the norm, and they'll become £15.00 forevermore. As trying to convince the next 'star' (extra) they're only worth £10.00 could be a bit tricky.

Edited by Donkey

I really want to book for this but the only reason i want to go is to meet Buzz, however i am not going to book anything till i know how much the Buzz auto's are, i know advance auto's are £250 which is nuts, but can anyone please just put a nail in it and say how much its going to be on the day.

Sorry for the rant but its getting close and i need to book time off work. also if there is a post somewhere that says how much i will eat humble pie and shut my gob lol.

:(

Dave, I know I've talked about prices a lot, but this has bugged me a little.

On another forum, somebody listed the prices at an American show, and they worked out a lot cheaper than the UK prices.

I know there is travel costs involved and maybe a few other differing fees, but even factoring this in, if you're selling in the volumes that you will, it seems your margins would still be a lot higher.

On another note, can we expect more space guests to be announced in the future for this show?.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Donkey

I think you are getting a little confused here.

Travelling to a show in the U.S is one thing.

Flying several high profile astronauts to the U.K is quite another.

Do you really think these guys will sit in economy class with the tourists?

Don't even think about the overheads here because they are astronomical.

All these things need to be considered when you are asking about costs.

The choice is yours if you want to pay and get autographs from these guys that's fine.

If you don,t that's also fine.

We don,t force anyone to part with their money

Hope that finally clears up the Buzz signing fee questions.

Dave Phillips

you would think that Buzz Aldrin would charge less for his autograph as he is a very rich man and doesn't really need the money and therefore he would be more concerned about providing a good deal for his fans. After all not everyone has £200 + to spend on an autograph, but there will be really big fans who will part with the money, probably that they can not afford in order to get the autograph of their life long hero. It just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth that Mr. Aldrin and showmasters would exploit the fans to such a degree.

I do not say this with any disrespect intended and I am sure that my feelings will be shared by a lot of the fans who read this forum.

I think its unfair to say Showmasters are exploiting anyone. His charges are what they are and it looks to me like his fee at Autographica is broadly in line with the fees he has been charging in the US for a while now.

It would be great if he was to come over and charge £10 a signature but unless there is a big change in his mindset on this sort of thing I can't see it ever happening.

The way I always look at this sort of thing is, one Buzz autograph is roughly approximate to four or five nights out on the beer or twenty takeaway pizzas, neither of which leave you with anything except a large stomach and/or severe heartburn!

you would think that Buzz Aldrin would charge less for his autograph as he is a very rich man and doesn't really need the money and therefore he would be more concerned about providing a good deal for his fans. After all not everyone has £200 + to spend on an autograph, but there will be really big fans who will part with the money, probably that they can not afford in order to get the autograph of their life long hero. It just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth that Mr. Aldrin and showmasters would exploit the fans to such a degree.

I do not say this with any disrespect intended and I am sure that my feelings will be shared by a lot of the fans who read this forum.

Thoughts I expressed on this previously.

Just because you are already rich, should you stop making money out of your reputation/past ?

• Showmasters Admin

No Disrespect intended ?

Exploiting his fans ?

Let me lay a few home truths at your doorstep here.

Without Autographica you guys would still be watching Buzz on the television and not meeting the man in real life.

You have a choice if you feel his signing fee is too much then no one is forcing you to come.

It is a considered purchase no denying that.

We are bringing you Buzz so you have the chance of meeting him. If you do not want to pay for a signature you still have the option of a photoshoot or attending the dinner.

As to Exploitation i do take that personally after having worked on bringing these guys over to you since 2000.

I think some of you need to appreciate how much effort goes into running an event of this size.

It is a great deal of work and it really does not help when people feel you are exploiting fans.

Please think carefully before you make posts such as this.

Dave Phillips

Yep of course he's too expensive, BUT...... he's a historical figure, he's 81, this might be his last time doing a show over here who knows, he sets the prices not Showmasters, and Showmasters announced him ages ago which has given me quite a few months to save up for it. They deserve major praise for making it happen. I personally think it's fantastic he's coming over. And no, I'm not made of money.

It's the old argument - would you pay £225 for an autograph of YOUR particular hero?

Well it seems pretty clear that it is Aldrin who is exploiting his fans, my apologies Showmasters, I do not know that you did not have an imput into guest autograph rates.

I could understand him charging £200 + if he needed the money, but he clearly doesn't, why couldn't he be more in line with others in his proffession?, i.e. around £80-100, especially in an economic climate such as the one we now find ourseleves in. What he is charging can not really be put down to anything else than personnal greed - unless of course he gives most of what he gets to charities afterwards, and I would hope that is the case. If it is a case of him pocketing the money then I am afraid that I loose all respect for him. To charge your fans that amount of money is very unfair, let alone making additional charges for dedications etc. It jsut seems very disrespectful to his fans and seems to point to the man being arrogant and in love with his own self importance.

And to answer your question: "would I pay £225 for my particular hero?" - the answer is no, because if my hero charged me that amount of money, he would not be my hero anymore.

Edited by BORNE314

Well it seems pretty clear that it is Aldrin who is exploiting his fans, my apologies Showmasters, I do not know that you did not have an imput into guest autograph rates.
Given the iconic nature of Mr Aldrin's fame, the idea that anybody other than him would have any input into his rates is perhaps a little naive; basically you either pay what he asks, or he won't be coming. (Let's face it, you're not going to get Neil Armstrong to come instead, are you? :D )

I could understand him charging £200 + if he needed the money, but he clearly doesn't,
You have access to details of Mr Aldrin's financials? How are you in a position to judge that "he clearly doesn't" need the money? If nothing else, since he has recently filed for divorce in California, one can suspect that however much money he has (or that you think he has) is about to be rather diminished.

i would dearly love to add Mr Aldrin's autograph to my modest collection, but i simply cannot afford or justify the fee.

However so i don't completely miss out on meeting the great man, i have purchased a photoshoot ticket.

I can justify the 50 quid spent on that, but it will come at the sacrifice of other guest's autographs.

I strongly suspect, other attendee's will have a similar story to tell.

For those who aren't what might be described as dedicated astronaut autograph collectors, it might be worth considering some of the other astronauts that are attending the event whose prices are a bit lower than Buzz's.

Scott Carpenter is one of only two surving members of the original group of Mercury astronauts and made only the fourth American spaceflight (also as a point of trivia for Bond completists, I have heard it said he acted as a consultant for some of the underwater sequences on Never Say Never Again).

Edgar Mitchell walked on the moon on Apollo 14, he may not have the general fame of someone like Buzz but if one was looking to add a moonwalkers signature to a general autograph collection then he does come in lot cheaper than Buzz.

The photo of Bruce McCandless's untethered spacewalk if perhaps one of the most famous photos from the US manned spaceflight programme. He also acted as capcom during the EVA on Apollo 11 so he does have a direct link to the first moonlanding if you wanted something like that.

If you allow it, I shall add that it is also because in the past, many persons received astronauts' free autographs and resold them then very fast on internet by making big profits. They took advantage of the generosity of the astronauts to win some money silver. Mr Aldrin understood very quickly this problem and thus established a rule which is there to prevent this kind of problem. As it, it is mainly reserved for the real fans. It's a pity to have been obliged of arrived there but it is as it. It is necessary to accept it.

I thank you showmasters to permit the venue of Mr aldrin and all others space guest in Europe.

...........................................DAYS ........AUTO ........PHOTOSHOOT

AMANDA BARRIE...............SAT...............£15............. £15

ANDY GREEN............. .......TBC...............£15

BEATRICE LIBERT.............Both............. .£15

BETTINE LE BEAU..............TBC...............£15

BRUCE MCANDLES.............Both..............£50

BUZZ ALDRIN....................Both............. £225.............£50

CATHERINE SERRE.............Both.............£15

CHICHINOU KAEPELLER......Both .............£15

COLIN SKEAPING ..............TBC...............£15

ED MITCHELL ....................Both .............£80............. £20

GEORGE MIKELL ................TBC ..............£15

IRKA BOCHENKO...............Both...............£15

JEREMY RANDALL..............TBC ..............£15

JERRY BOSTICK ...............TBC................£25............. £10

JOCKE LOWE............. ...... TBC................£15

JULIE STEVENS ................BOTH..............£15.............. £15

KENNY BAKER ..............Both................£15............. £15

MIKE PEARSON................TBC................£15

NEIL RANDALL.................TBC............. ..£15

RICH GRAHAM ..............TBC................£20............. £10

RODNEY BEWES .............. Sat................£15............. £15

RUSTY GOFFE ............. .Both...............£15............. £15

SCOTT CARPENTER ...... Both...............£65............. £20

SHANE RIMMER ................ BOTH.............£15 .............£15

STIRLING MOSS .............Sat.................£20 images, £30 on premium items

SUSAN HAMPSHIRE..........TBC................£15.............£15

SYBIL DANNING ............BOTH...............£15............£15

BOND GIRL PHOTO SHOOT - all available girls on the relevant day £20

The latest photo shoots will be up on the site soon

Great to see Buzz Aldrin coming ! Please could you post exact price for Buzz autograph extras when available ? I understand the base fee for his autograph is 225 GBP which is his current signing fee worldwide. I just need to know how much for extra words? Thanks Mike.

Given the iconic nature of Mr Aldrin's fame, the idea that anybody other than him would have any input into his rates is perhaps a little naive; basically you either pay what he asks, or he won't be coming. (Let's face it, you're not going to get Neil Armstrong to come instead, are you? :thumbdown: )

I could understand him charging £200 + if he needed the money, but he clearly doesn't,
You have access to details of Mr Aldrin's financials? How are you in a position to judge that "he clearly doesn't" need the money? If nothing else, since he has recently filed for divorce in California, one can suspect that however much money he has (or that you think he has) is about to be rather diminished.

£225 is a good price for BUZZ. I paid more than that in the states two years ago. If you think it's too much don't pay it!!!!!!