London Film and Comic Con - 6th-8th July 2012

Anyone coming from Scotland, what journey are you taking? My first LFCC & my first time in London alone so i dont want to get lost ;)

We are going from inverness. Traveling down by train on the Tuesday before though as this is our big holiday. Its not that difficult to get around though. I was nervous the first time traveling with a 5 year old who hated the underground but as long as you know your north and south and east and wests you will be fine. Grab a tube map before you go and you can basically plan out your journey at home. If you get confused in the Tube and get on the wrong one then you can get off and jump on the right one. trust me if i can do it anyone can.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to the event, glad hubby and I can just walk up to the nearest train station and get a train straight to the event.

Only down side is its the same weekend as colourthon, a charity 13.1mile walk that starts at 8pm on the the 7th in Southend, that my hubby and I are hoping to do in honour of a friend who sadly passed last year (and cause training for the event i.e. walking a lot more is helping us to lose excess weight and get into shape)

Ah well these things can't be avoided, guess I'll have to find some way of killing two birds with one stone so to speak.

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

so looking forward to it being at the Olympia Grand Hall, bit nicer then Earls Court. Hope the layout has an upgrade, not that I don't love "rush hour". I think we need a few Japanese food vendors, burger stained jedi robes are out this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really want to come to this event but other people's comments have me worried about queues getting in.

I was going to buy the early bird passes and obviously get there before the opening time but do I need to queue as early as 6am for example?

Also if I buy a photoshoot ticket in advance and the guest cancels are they refunded?

Thank you

Sorry for being annoying

I really want to come to this event but other people's comments have me worried about queues getting in.

I was going to buy the early bird passes and obviously get there before the opening time but do I need to queue as early as 6am for example?

If you want to see both Jeri and Gillian and have to leave again at 1 PM then yes, I would indeed advise this. ;)

Joking aside: if you are there all day and can wait until a guest goes open queue (that very often happens at the end because people have to go home for one reason or the other and don't use their VQ tickets) there is no need for 6 AM. An hour or so before is fine.

Also if I buy a photoshoot ticket in advance and the guest cancels are they refunded?

Yes, they are refunded in this case.

And you are not annnoying, don't worry. That's what this forum is here for, so you can ask your questions. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I intend to come and I have a doubt about the progress of the comic con. For photoshoots, must be purchased on the site in advance but against the autographs, he have to line the big day to get a ticket, is that right? Excuse me in advance for my English but I am French and it is not obvious to me.

And we will know when the different schedules for particular passages photoshoots?

Hello, I intend to come and I have a doubt about the progress of the comic con. For photoshoots, must be purchased on the site in advance but against the autographs, he have to line the big day to get a ticket, is that right? Excuse me in advance for my English but I am French and it is not obvious to me.

And we will know when the different schedules for particular passages photoshoots?

Hello,

You can purchase photo shoots at the event (if they do not sell out). It is better to purchase them in advance becasue the queues to buy them at the event can get quite long.

The schedule is normally released 1-2 weeks before the event.

thank you for your help :blink:

For autographs, they are bought on the day of comic con or can be purchased in advance on the website?

You pay on the day. The only exception where they can be purchased on advance is for Jeri Ryan.

For autographs you will first need to get a so called virtual queue ticket. Once the number on this ticket has been called you can get in line. That's where you pay for your autograph.

thank you for your help :blink:

For autographs, they are bought on the day of comic con or can be purchased in advance on the website?

You pay on the day. The only exception where they can be purchased on advance is for Jeri Ryan.

For autographs you will first need to get a so called virtual queue ticket. Once the number on this ticket has been called you can get in line. That's where you pay for your autograph.

Thank you! :)

i have to admit getting a train to the convention area is worrying me a bit, imagine, your on your sitting there minding your own business and an Irish sounding cardassian steps onto the same train as you!? hope i don't get any yobs giving me a hard time.

it was a great help last year that doctor who experience was near this place or i would have no idea where i was suppose to go from my hotel, this place looks very impressive, but i will miss earls court! >.<

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, being a first timer (both my wife and I) to the LFCC and pretty much London as well(it's been at least 15 years since we visited London last), I'm wondering whether anyone can advise me of the best way to the venue from the County Hotel in Upper Woburn Place. i know it's a fair distance from the venue but being on a budget and having the train fare thrown into the deal as well it worked for us. We have the tickets for Saturday's show and are really looking forward to going, but getting from the hotel to the venue is our last obstacle. Any help will be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

Okay, being a first timer (both my wife and I) to the LFCC and pretty much London as well(it's been at least 15 years since we visited London last), I'm wondering whether anyone can advise me of the best way to the venue from the County Hotel in Upper Woburn Place. i know it's a fair distance from the venue but being on a budget and having the train fare thrown into the deal as well it worked for us. We have the tickets for Saturday's show and are really looking forward to going, but getting from the hotel to the venue is our last obstacle. Any help will be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

Your best bet is to look on the London Transport website. Click here

The little tube section that just goes to Olympia isnt that busy usually so you should be ok. Plus with the amount of cons over the years at EC and around those stations, it's a common site :D

Myself and the lady are staying right around the corner from EC and will be walking the straight road up to Olympia each day. Unless after the event we are really tired, in which case, tube :P

I cannot believe this. I'm such a little fangirl it's not even funny. I found out TWO HOURS ago that Gillian Anderson, Brian Krause and Holly Marie Combs are attending. And I've been crying since. Last year I sold my soul to the devil (well, nearly) to be able to attend and this year I'll have to do even worse.

Living in Sweden sucks sometimes. And God am I going to have to eat cat food together with my dear Gandalf for the rest of the summer, but I just HAVE to go...

I cannot believe this. I'm such a little fangirl it's not even funny. I found out TWO HOURS ago that Gillian Anderson, Brian Krause and Holly Marie Combs are attending. And I've been crying since. Last year I sold my soul to the devil (well, nearly) to be able to attend and this year I'll have to do even worse.

Living in Sweden sucks sometimes. And God am I going to have to eat cat food together with my dear Gandalf for the rest of the summer, but I just HAVE to go...

Good luck. Hope you make it over.

By the way, Gandalf is an awesome name for your cat! :D

Good luck. Hope you make it over.

By the way, Gandalf is an awesome name for your cat! :D

Oh I will. I made it last year for Shawnee Smith (and have her autograph tattooed as a reward) and I will make it this year for these people.

Haha, thank you, my other cat is Amanda Young. :D

• 1 month later...

any chance you guys can get Marc singer from 'V' fame to go alongside jane badler, that would be awesome!! ( i have his agency contact if you are interested)

cheers

charlie.

Mark has been to a Collectormania show before. So never say never.

Hi guys,

How strict is the 5.30pm doors closing for the Friday night?

My train gets in at 16:54 to Kings Cross - I will then be getting the tube Piccadilly line to Earls Court (20mins) so I think I will be cutting it fine or perhaps 5/10mins late maximum. Is there any leeway on this?

Thanks

Hi guys,

How strict is the 5.30pm doors closing for the Friday night?

My train gets in at 16:54 to Kings Cross - I will then be getting the tube Piccadilly line to Earls Court (20mins) so I think I will be cutting it fine or perhaps 5/10mins late maximum. Is there any leeway on this?

Thanks

Unless I am seriously misreading the 5.30 PM is for Saturday and Sunday. Wouldn't really make sense for Friday - the event doesn't even start before 6 PM, that means the doors will open at that time.