Getting into costume

My wife and I are both coming in costume. Problem is we both need each others help to get into the costumes. Is there any way that we could get a changing room together? Also how does it work if you are going to be in costume. Do you queue as normal to get into the show with your costumes in storage boxes and then change once inside?

Sorry for all the questions but it will be our first time doing cosplay

• Moderators

Whether you arrive in costume or change at the event is entirely up to you - I imagine it depends somewhat on how cumbersome the costume is. I know some people who change after they arrive and also people who queue while already in costume.

I'll be wearing my trooper and my wife will be catwoman. I think my wife will manage but I've got no chance on my own. I've tried. Hopefully like you say there will be someone that wont mind helping me. It just feels cheeky to ask a stranger for help to get dressed : )

Just make sure you ask someone already in costume lmao. The general public may just look at you funny :( I can't say I've ever changed into a costume at an actual convention as I usually have a hotel so change there then walk/drive to the con but I can imagine that would be difficult in storm trooper garb. Though I am going to another con this weekend where I have to do this as I'm going as Sweet Pea from Sucker Punch and commuting on the day to the con and somehow not sure the general public would appriciate me getting on a train half naked with a shot gun and sword strapped to my back. Though I may get a free ride in a police car when I get arrested for indecent exposure and carrying an imitation fire arm

I'll be wearing my trooper and my wife will be catwoman. I think my wife will manage but I've got no chance on my own. I've tried. Hopefully like you say there will be someone that wont mind helping me. It just feels cheeky to ask a stranger for help to get dressed : )

look for us "The MKG" stand collecting for Great ormand street, we are all pro's at getting in and out of that armour and we are happy to help anyone especially fellow trooper, you can come get changed with us , we dont mind, a stranger is only a starnger untill he's a friend :WAVE: maybe you could join our group? :D its free to join :thumbup: :) can never have enough troopers x

will look out for you both at the show :) :smile:

look for us "The MKG" stand collecting for Great ormand street, we are all pro's at getting in and out of that armour and we are happy to help anyone especially fellow trooper, you can come get changed with us , we dont mind, a stranger is only a starnger untill he's a friend :D maybe you could join our group? :D its free to join :thumbup: :) can never have enough troopers x

will look out for you both at the show :):WAVE:

That is so nice of you. Thank you so much. I was chatting to you fellas at this years LFCC and had some pics with you. You were all very friendly :smile: . I'd love to join the MKG.

• 2 weeks later...