Attack pages...?

patchnet

For the past few days and still now, whenever I try to go onto the Autographica website, I get a message saying that it has been blocked (by my browser, which is Firefox) because it has been detected to be an "attack page". Such pages, it says, "try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system. Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners." Are you aware of this, and (to quote from Marathon Man), "Is it safe?"

Well I'm using Firefox 5.0 and the web page is coming up as a reported attack page,on further investigation google says that suspicious content was found on this page on 26/07/11.Malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent.

BUT works fine with ie 9 , very strange

Well I'm using Firefox 5.0 and the web page is coming up as a reported attack page,on further investigation google says that suspicious content was found on this page on 26/07/11.Malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent.

BUT works fine with ie 9 , very strange

Even stranger. I have Firefox 5 as well and do not get any messages.

• Moderators

Hi Guys

We are aware of and working on the problem.

We are not aware of any harmful viruses present and it is probably a coding problem.

Not everyone is reporting a problem and it only seems to affect some browsers.

Let you all know when we have looked into it a bit more.

Meantime if you need to contact us use the plastic bone shaped instrument in the corner of your living room.

Or for you space fans the saturn 5 shaped telephone which you have nicknamed either Buzz or neil.

Safe surfing everyone will keep you updated.

Dave

• Showmasters Admin

I'm just working on the problem at the moment. There is no malicious coding on the website but it could be that a block was placed on the site by some browsers after a previous attack last year.

So the good news is the site is not harmful to computers!

• Showmasters Admin

It's all fixed now :)

I've tracked down the old piece of coding that was causing the problem and it's now been removed. The error message may still appear in google searches for the next 24 hours or so, just while they re-run their verification on it.

I just tried accessing the site directly..and its blocked still

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.autographica.co.uk has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

What browser are you using? That would hopefully help the office figure out if there's still a problem.

I use Firefox and get the same attack page warning every time.

Which version? I have checked again with the current version and like stated above, I don't get a warning.

according to firefox the administrator of the site has to request a review from google once the problems sorted. So I'm guessing it's just a case of waiting for google to do their magic and It'll be sorted.

I'll see if we can get this started somehow, thank you. Does look like the Google magic does take quite a bit to work if you don't request the review yourself.

I have just done a quick check on mine and the following browsers each display the own version of a suspicious/malicious content warning.

Chrome 13

Firefox 5

Safari 5.1

IE8 does not display any warnings and goes to the site without any issues. Even when set to the highest security settings :rolleyes:

It's all fixed now :)

I've tracked down the old piece of coding that was causing the problem and it's now been removed. The error message may still appear in google searches for the next 24 hours or so, just while they re-run their verification on it.

The last general check performed by Google now appears to be two days after your code removal, and is still displaying a warning.

Untitled-1.jpg

I use Firefox and get the same attack page warning every time.
Which version? I have checked again with the current version and like stated above, I don't get a warning.
Within the security settings of Firefox there is an option 'Block reported attack sites'. Do you have this enabled? If I disable it then Firefox does not give any messages about the site and will load it without any problems. When enabled I get the warning message.