Collectormania promotion weekend

Hello all

We will have a display stand at the Braehead shopping centre the weekend befor the show, in the upper food court outside the Arena next to KFC. We will be advertising the guests and have information about the show, The UK Garrison will be there to with a few stormtroopers wandering around handing out flyers maybe even :vader:

I will be at the stand myself at the following times

Sat 20th August 9am to 6pm

Sun 21st August 10am to 5pm

If you're free then pop along and say hello! Or if you want to wear a costume and help us you more than welcome to do so feel free to drop me an email if you are to (mojoedark @ aol . com)

Many Thanks

Andrew Murray

ps can a mod pin this for me please :blush:

Edited by mojoe

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet - I've asked a few mates to spread the word verbally at the Nanashi cosplay/anime/Jpop club nights and Forbidden Planet's Manga Monday events, though, as these are all great opportunities to get folk's attention - Lots of like-minded people gathered in the same place. Can't pass up an opportunity to advertise to them all in one go!

i could speak kindly to local radio stations, i know djs on a couple of stations in the Renfrewshire/Glasgow area, i could get them to maybe drop a mention or two in during their shows if u think that would help ?

Everything helps.

Maybe drop a line to the office and check with them about details.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank everyone that helped out over the weekend, loads of people seemed to be excited about it so lets hope it means a busyer show.

Would also like to Thank everyone that handed out flyer in other locations your all awesome!

Rememeber its not to late to help get the word out! Tell friends and family and post it on you facebook, twitter ect

See you all very soon

Thanks

Andrew M

Whilst I didn't do the flyering, Due to the advert in the Metro Newspaper, I've had several colleagues here at work who know I go to "those sci-fi event thingys" show an interest in the event.

So far I've had comments like

"Ooh, They've got the guy from Spaceballs and Gremlins, does he do a talk and does he do the voices"

"It's the Todd from Scrubs!! I think he was great, can I get his autograph?"

One colleague said they've been invited by a friend in Glasgow to come through to Braehead this weekend, as they got given a flyer for a collector-something event, I asked if they knew where their friend got given the flyer, but they didn't know.

So I've been explaining in more detail and sending weblinks via email galore !!

So word has got round and I thought SM would appreciate knowing the metro advert works, and those who physically did the flyering that somewhere along the line must have been targeted correctly !!!