Colin Baker Cancelled?

If a guest has cancelled then it will be announced on here.

Personally I ignore any rumours regarding guest cancellations. You just end up being concerned for no reason a lot of the time as they are false. Yes, sometimes they can be true. I just prefer the 'ignore and there is no worry' approach. It's a lot less stressful :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

This exactly what happened last year with Joe Flanigan. Had no clue until he tweeted about heading home or somthing.

:blush:

Unfortunately there's not much SM can do if a guest chooses to announce it on Twitter before they even tell SM :wub:

This exactly what happened last year with Joe Flanigan. Had no clue until he tweeted about heading home or somthing.

:blush:

Unfortunately there's not much SM can do if a guest chooses to announce it on Twitter before they even tell SM :wub:

Yeah I know but still gutting:(

I agree, the guest should let Showmasters know, so they can inform people planning on coming. Sadly a lot of people will wait until a full guest list is announced before committing to attending, but I know SM will have some awesome guests lined up.

Plus, we'll be there :wub: We'll make sure everybody has a good time!

I mentioned it in the Colin Baker announcement thread after he sent me that tweet, that was a good couple weeks ago now but the main site hasn't changed.

Quite disappointed both that he won't be there and that the site sees to be lax at updating.

I mentioned it in the Colin Baker announcement thread after he sent me that tweet, that was a good couple weeks ago now but the main site hasn't changed.

Quite disappointed both that he won't be there and that the site sees to be lax at updating.

See what Too Tall said about him or any other guest Tweeting before speaking to Showmasters. Showmasters will announce any changes as soon as official. They do not go by rumours or Tweets.

See what Too Tall said about him or any other guest Tweeting before speaking to Showmasters. Showmasters will announce any changes as soon as official. They do not go by rumours or Tweets.

As representatives from showmasters have always said, and on several occasions, cut myself down on is that if showmasters haven't announced it then he's still appearing. Showmasters would of announced his cancelations if it was true as it was a few weeks back. He's coming to the show sO if I was you, I'd start to get excited. Showmasters have had a go at so many people for saying that they should of announced people cancelling and that they don't inform so that people will still come to the show thinking the guest will still be there and seeing as the word that Colin pulled out was weeks ago, showmasters have had plenty of time to check to make sure he'll be there so trust he is. I have family travelling from Manchester to this show with the main purpose to meet him. Have fun

As representatives from showmasters have always said, and on several occasions, cut myself down on is that if showmasters haven't announced it then he's still appearing. Showmasters would of announced his cancelations if it was true as it was a few weeks back. He's coming to the show sO if I was you, I'd start to get excited. Showmasters have had a go at so many people for saying that they should of announced people cancelling and that they don't inform so that people will still come to the show thinking the guest will still be there and seeing as the word that Colin pulled out was weeks ago, showmasters have had plenty of time to check to make sure he'll be there so trust he is. I have family travelling from Manchester to this show with the main purpose to meet him. Have fun

To play devils advocate here I would argue that Showmasters cannot afford to lose a big named guest at this point. From a business point of view it would make far more sense for them to keep Colin on the Bill until they can replace him with a guest of similar importance and fanbase. Not to disrespect any other guests but if Colin is cancelled at this stage who is left to pull the crowds in? Robert Llewellyn does have a huge fanbase but is he alone enough to advertise and fill an event? Not in my opinion.

Always remember that business' are there to make money period, if they can please people at the same time then so be it but this is not their primary goal. I would not be surprised if it was announced a lot closer to date when some more big name stars have hopefully been added.

Just my 2p ;)

• Moderators

Please don't speculate about a guest being deliberately kept on the lineup if they've been cancelled. This is not the case.

No disrespect to Colin but he's done a good amount of events, and isn't exactly a huge rare first timer that SM need to pull the crowds in with. They have nothing to gain from lying.

Please don't speculate about a guest being deliberately kept on the lineup if they've been cancelled. This is not the case.

No disrespect to Colin but he's done a good amount of events, and isn't exactly a huge rare first timer that SM need to pull the crowds in with. They have nothing to gain from lying.

Hi David

I am not speculating at all, I did say I was playing devils advocate and believe me when I say that lots of companies PR departments will time announcements to suit themselves as they are indeed within their rights to do.

Also I never once accused showmaster of lying, holding back information until a more strategic time is common and very different indeed from telling porkie pies. Companies have huge amounts to gain from strategic timing ie in this case if a prospective attendee looks at the line up and sees a list of b part actors or extras they may not be inclined to attend the event but if they see a couple of big names on the list they may well pre-order tickets or activly promote the event.

Again not trying to start an argument with you but just playing out events "from a certain point of view" ;)

Joe

Might wanna change the main page the as Colin is still there with the other guests attending :)

Might wanna change the main page the as Colin is still there with the other guests attending :)

Colons not canceled. Showmasters have been slated in the past for numerously not announcing cancelled guests and have said they won't do this so it's obvious that Colin baker is still at this sshow don't worry guys.. Well he'd best be there lol as I've told my family who r going to nmeet him all the way from Manchester that he's deffo there. It's been rumoured for weeks now that he's cancelled, enough time for showmasters to check and announce. Showmasters would not not announce his cancelations knowing how many peole will be traveling to meet him. It's inhumaine

With no disrespect intended to those commenting above, I highly doubt Mr Baker would have sent me that tweet unless he meant it.

I'd imagine he knows what he can & can't do better than anyone?

I'd love for him to be there, but if he can't make it, he can't make it. He isn't an actual Timelord, after all ;)

If Showmasters don't make the announcement that he's cancelled then it maintains some intrest/publicity in the event because folk still think he's going to be there.
That is not the case. Showmasters will not announce a cancellation until they are informed of it directly by the guest/agent.

If Showmasters don't make the announcement that he's cancelled then it maintains some intrest/publicity in the event because folk still think he's going to be there.
That is not the case. Showmasters will not announce a cancellation until they are informed of it directly by the guest/agent.

Look on the website in black and white on stage at swansea

Ere ya go

We can at last officially confirm that Colin WILL be appearing in the national tour of Wilkie Collins' classic ghost story THE WOMAN IN WHITE playing the role of Count Fosco.    Also appearing in the play are former Emmerdale favourite PETER AMORY,   Duty Free star  NIEL STACY, GLYN GRAIN and RICHARD TATE.

Tour dates we have so far are:

Tues 19th - Sat 23rd July       

Grand Theatre,  WOLVERHAMPTON

Mon 25th - Sat 30th July        

Arts Theatre,  CAMBRIDGE

Tues 9th - Sat 13th August    

Grand Theatre,  SWANSEA

Mon 22nd - Sat 27th August   

Yvonne Arnaud Theatre,  GUILDFORD

Thurs 8th - Sat 10th September

Opera House,  BUXTON

Tues 13th - Sat 17th September  UPDATED

Connaught Theatre,  WORTHING

Mon 19th - Sat 23rd September  UPDATED

Derby Theatre,  DERBY

Tues 26th - Sat1st October

Haymarket Theatre,  BASINGSTOKE

Mon 10th - Sat 15th October

Lyceum Theatre,  CREWE

Mon 17th - Sat 22nd October

Festival Theatre,  MALVERN

Mon 24th - Sat 29th October

Brewhouse Theatre,  TAUNTON

Look on the website in black and white on stage at swansea
Let us assume that Colin may have changed his mind about that nights performance and intends for a stand-in to take his place instead, but has not informed the production company yet? Showmasters are not to know any different, and therefore will not announce a cancellation based on an assumption.

Plus, no doubt various contract clauses will come into play depending on which party announces a cancellation.

So to repeat - Showmasters will not cancel a guest until they are informed directly of that by the guest/agent.

So why doesent showmasters get in touch with colin to find out

WE wouldnt want to to dupe the public into to thinking hes coming when hes not and wait till we have sold more tickets and then announce it would we ??.??..

Edited by MQUIN SKYWALKER