Torchwood reunion

Stepster

Ok guys n gals how about this for an idea, a torchwood reunion :)

Now we have the mighty barrowman attending why not get the whole original torchwood team to this con.

I'm talking Owen, toshiko, gwen, ianto, and hey even suzy( for the first time)

How awesome would it be to have the original group back together again and if u can throw in the awesome Kai Owen I think you will have the best hub convention EVER

Just an idea, wht u think?

I think the whole reason for holding it in London was to more easily accommodate the new US cast. Easier to promote first time UK signers, more of a draw to some. Not to me I'd have nothing for them to sign.

Plently for the original cast. Could even find something for Gareth!

Edited by TerraHawk

• Moderators

Definitely wouldn't be expecting a reunion for this one.

They need to capitalise on the popularity of the new series really. This is their best time for getting people from Miracle Day.

I think have Eve Myles and Kai Owen there and then the other 3 or more guests being from America and hopefully you please most people. You get a nice mix of UK and US actors from the current series and it will help settle the US actors in to a UK event if you have the main 3 from the UK side who have already attended an event before.

Sorry but that's probably not gonna happen. Attendance on the past 2 Hubs has been dwindling due to it being off air.

A new series means new fans who will want to meet Miracle Day cast. Also longtime Torchwood fans, like myself, also want to meet them since we've met most of the old cast already.

They have to pick guests with the biggest draw

I think have Eve Myles and Kai Owen there and then the other 3 or more guests being from America and hopefully you please most people. You get a nice mix of UK and US actors from the current series and it will help settle the US actors in to a UK event if you have the main 3 from the UK side who have already attended an event before.

yes if they could have a mix i too would be happy but not all from the U.S please :D

personally there are old attendees who have met the old cast already and have been torchwood fans from the start, then you have attendees like myself who have also been fans from the start but for whatever reason (money or work) they have not been able to attend previous cons or didnt even know they existed and last but not least you have the new fans who once started on miracle day have decided to watch seasons 1-3 on dvd. so a mix of old and new would make everyone happy. I know that if only new ones were attending i probably would not have purchased a ticket as i dont know the new cast yet so i cannot like them or not yet so i cannot give my opinion for season 4.

Edited by guardianz

Sorry but that's probably not gonna happen. Attendance on the past 2 Hubs has been dwindling due to it being off air.

A new series means new fans who will want to meet Miracle Day cast. Also longtime Torchwood fans, like myself, also want to meet them since we've met most of the old cast already.

They have to pick guests with the biggest draw

but TBH not everyone has met the original cast as some of us are first timers as we didnt know about hub cons as i have been a fan since the beginning but only found out about this due to LFCC as im a cosplay anime con attendee usually so not all of the new cast we know or like yet a part from gwen and jack and thats what sold this con to me. not the new cast but the announcement of JB :D

but TBH not everyone has met the original cast as some of us are first timers as we didnt know about hub cons as i have been a fan since the beginning but only found out about this due to LFCC as im a cosplay anime con attendee usually so not all of the new cast we know or like yet a part from gwen and jack and thats what sold this con to me. not the new cast but the announcement of JB :thumbup:

That's fine as they're bound to get original members who are still standing. We have John and Kai. Hopefully we will get Eve and Tom too. I just wouldn't pin your hopes too much on getting GDL and Burn, as one probably wants to move away from cons and the other is a pretty rare guests. Naoko maybe. Depends how many MD people they have in their sights

but TBH not everyone has met the original cast as some of us are first timers as we didnt know about hub cons as i have been a fan since the beginning but only found out about this due to LFCC as im a cosplay anime con attendee usually so not all of the new cast we know or like yet a part from gwen and jack and thats what sold this con to me. not the new cast but the announcement of JB :D

That's fine as they're bound to get original members who are still standing. We have John and Kai. Hopefully we will get Eve and Tom too. I just wouldn't pin your hopes too much on getting GDL and Burn, as one probably wants to move away from cons and the other is a pretty rare guests. Naoko maybe. Depends how many MD people they have in their sights

actually im pretty happy with the current list the way its looking ;) kai and JB are both original and main cast members and it takes a lot to keep me happy lol x im fussy in my old age :thumbup: i would love to meet naoko and gareth TBH x I loved Ianto x

A mixture of guests would be very gd, I know some of us go depending on who has been announced but some of us go to meet up with old and new friends x

yes if they could have a mix i too would be happy but not all from the U.S please :blush:

personally there are old attendees who have met the old cast already and have been torchwood fans from the start, then you have attendees like myself who have also been fans from the start but for whatever reason (money or work) they have not been able to attend previous cons or didnt even know they existed and last but not least you have the new fans who once started on miracle day have decided to watch seasons 1-3 on dvd. so a mix of old and new would make everyone happy. I know that if only new ones were attending i probably would not have purchased a ticket as i dont know the new cast yet so i cannot like them or not yet so i cannot give my opinion for season 4.

Me too. This is going to be my first, unfortunately I seem to have missed previous ones with the original cast :-(