Love at Conventions

Well, if you do end up with a Speed Dating area, can you section off an area for ladies who like ladies.

Lol - or will I be alone in that corner ;)

I doubt it! Might just be me but I find a higher number of ladies that like ladies at SF/fantasy/cult events than I do anywhere else. I've met more than one GF that way. Can't say the relationships were overly successful but they happen!

Though, just to make sure - you could try taking your life into your hands and persuading SM to run an L-word event.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easier said than done for those shy amoungst us, I freeze up, talk crap or sweat and run, my confidence is so low in regard women and I can be very shy :-(

That's ballcocks - you talk to me ;)

and how long did it take me? bout a year and a half lol, im on fire baby! ;-)

I was chatting to the milktray man and mentioned this, with me I can get a little more confident with women once ive gotten to know them better and or if I know that my relationship chances with them fall far below zero lol

@davidB I wish it was all a ploy, Id kill for the confidence, skills and moves which so many take for granted. and believe me if the truth was known, no one would think my low confidence was an act.

Oh you mean the who's that hot girl threads? :blush:

No that one's always about me :lol: I like to spend at least an hour of each event as Stuetta :gorgeous:

my eyes, MY EYES, the thought of such a spectacle will scar me for life

then again desperate times, whats stuettas number? :lol:

easier said than done for those shy amoungst us, I freeze up, talk crap or sweat and run, my confidence is so low in regard women and I can be very shy :-(

Yeah, there is that. Glaciers move faster than you :blush:

At the next show you should point out the ones you like and I'll go talk to them for you, I'm a GREAT wingman!

I'm getting old

Now thats bollocks!

age has no effect on beauty my pre-game knockout

Yeah, there is that. Glaciers move faster than you :blush:

At the next show you should point out the ones you like and I'll go talk to them for you, I'm a GREAT wingman!

I have no doubt

"talk to me goose"

Someone obviously doesn't want to go to Chevron or Hallowhedon anymore. I can fix that......

Wrong quote but hey ho - if you're old then some of us must be ancient! Think you still fall into the "cute/hot" category!!

Although I'm not sure I can picture you now without the thought of Stuetta burning into my retinas!!

Now that's definately a 13 pinter!!!

Someone obviously doesn't want to go to Chevron or Hallowhedon anymore. I can fix that......

I'll have his Chevron ticket if he upsets you. lol! :D Already going to HW3 or i'd have that too.

I'm getting old

Now thats bollocks!

age has no effect on beauty my pre-game knockout

Quite right. Consider Lea Thompson................

<blink> Sorry, lost myself a bit there. She's still gorgeous at 50.

That's ballcocks - you talk to me :poki:

Yeah, there is that. Glaciers move faster than you ;)

Well I've been going to these things since CM4 and while I've got to see who the regular crew members etc are, it was only at LFCC that I finally felt confident enough to recognise and speak to someone - Rob, you were my first :blink:

Make of that what you will but I hope to get to know more of you in time.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Well, if you do end up with a Speed Dating area, can you section off an area for ladies who like ladies.

Lol - or will I be alone in that corner :D

I doubt it! Might just be me but I find a higher number of ladies that like ladies at SF/fantasy/cult events than I do anywhere else. I've met more than one GF that way. Can't say the relationships were overly successful but they happen!

Though, just to make sure - you could try taking your life into your hands and persuading SM to run an L-word event.

Errrr, nah, I value my life too much lol. Also someone else does those events of which I've been to every single one so far - and have no luck there either.

Ah well, one day, Nigella Lawson will realise she was meant for me hehe!

What an interesting thread...The opposite thing actually happened to me. I actually lost my GF from going to a con 2 years ago...It was my first con and I got a bit excited and started talking to everyone I came across as it felt amazing sharing same interests in all things film & TV- She kept getting annoyed (and probably intimidated) and thought it was all a bit too much for her....the various displays memorabilia around my flat should've been a dead giveaway lol....suffice to say I was well gutted

What an interesting thread...The opposite thing actually happened to me. I actually lost my GF from going to a con 2 years ago...It was my first con and I got a bit excited and started talking to everyone I came across as it felt amazing sharing same interests in all things film & TV- She kept getting annoyed (and probably intimidated) and thought it was all a bit too much for her....the various displays memorabilia around my flat should've been a dead giveaway lol....suffice to say I was well gutted

That's a shame. A lot of people just don't get it.

It's certainly the best starting point to spark a conversation with a girl as you have something to talk about- better than going to a bar and end up struggling to find common ground...

And as Nosfer2 says, just be yourself even if you do end up fumbling and chatting nonsense- I've come to terms all that-i'll never be as cool as the kid next door, but it can be fun trying lol

As requested, I have cleaned this thread up.

cleaned what up?

You missed all the fun! - I've been away for 3 days so hadn't seen that the thread had been "tidied" - not sure it was needed but I may have missed a few comments, sorry if I upset/offended anyone!