Love at Conventions

Hope this isn't too much of a personal question. I am just curious to find out whether anyone, in their years of going to conventions, has ever met someone at a place like LFCC that they started going out with or possibly got married to. I'ts not because I'm desperate to do it myself, it's just I know that conventions often bring people together and I would guess that some people might have some interesting stories.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope this isn't too much of a personal question. I am just curious to find out whether anyone, in their years of going to conventions, has ever met someone at a place like LFCC that they started going out with or possibly got married to. I'ts not because I'm desperate to do it myself, it's just I know that conventions often bring people together and I would guess that some people might have some interesting stories.

Aw that sounds quite sweet, and not a bad idea seeing as meeting at something like that means you've got some common interests!

Not that I was trawling LFCC or anything, but not a bad place to go looking as it goes! :D

At C11 I did have a close encounter with a sausage roll that I rather liked. It didn't last long though. A couple of bites and it was all over :D

I believe the one and only Too Tall (Stuart) met his now wife at a con.
I believe you are correct. I haven't asked him (nor Mrs Tall - in fact I don't think I have never met her) but I think he has mentioned it on here before. Edited by 1of2

• Showmasters Admin
I believe the one and only Too Tall (Stuart) met his now wife at a con.
I believe you are correct. I haven't asked him (nor Mrs Tall - in fact I don't think I have never met her) but I think he has mentioned it on here before.

You've probably met her a number of times and just never knew it. She was sat next to Alex K at C17 for instance :wub:

Yes in fact we first met in Sean Aston's queue on the Friday of C7 :lol: So it can happen, 6 years later and we've been married for 3.

You've probably met her a number of times and just never knew it. She was sat next to Alex K at C17 for instance :wub:
In that case I have definitely met her.

I am wondering why I put

I don't think I have never met her
Very bad English :lol:

You've probably met her a number of times and just never knew it. She was sat next to Alex K at C17 for instance ;)

I am wondering why I put

Very bad English :wub:

Surely that means that you do think that you have met her then? :lol:

I fell in love with Keeley Hawes at an event - does that count??

You've probably met her a number of times and just never knew it. She was sat next to Alex K at C17 for instance ;)

I am wondering why I put

Very bad English :WINCE:

Surely that means that you do think that you have met her then? :blink:

I fell in love with Keeley Hawes at an event - does that count??

I think so, lol! I fell for Harry Melling at LFCC :wub: ... Mind, he probably wouldn't look at me twice, lol! :lol:

Yes in fact we first met in Sean Aston's queue on the Friday of C7 :blush: So it can happen, 6 years later and we've been married for 3.

Aw, aren't you sweet, TooTall? :wub:

what I wouldnt do to find love, and at a con so much the better, alas, nothing for me :-(

the search continues. perhaps in vein

You and me both :wub: But keep going to these things and you never know.

Worked for me at a gig many years ago so you never can tell. Would be nice to share these interests with someone.

this is so cute aha. i wish i could meet someone at a con :) as you said, you obviously have stuff in common, and people are always so lovely at cons :> i think some people are really shy though..

and also some people travel far to get to london or wherever so to date etc it would be hard!

I met my first ever boyfriend at a Red Dwarf convention when I was 16!!

We went out for about 8 months, I used to get the National Express to go and visit him lol.

Just to add.... it was actually my first ever kiss as well!!!

Edited by Yunalesca

what I wouldnt do to find love, and at a con so much the better, alas, nothing for me :-(

the search continues. perhaps in vein

You and me both :D But keep going to these things and you never know.

Worked for me at a gig many years ago so you never can tell. Would be nice to share these interests with someone.

Keep in there guys. Just aim to make friends and the rest will follow.

i didn`t meet my fiance at a con but we very nearly met for the first time at one. we met on a dating website and got together in 07 but i attended a con in 06 (my first con) and i made a rookie error of booking a cheap hotel miles away from the venue and not bringing any money with me (naively thinking there would be a working cash point at the venue lol) when i returned to my hotel there was no working cash point there either, so i spent a miserable weekend stuck in a hotel with no money when i could have been at the con in question meeting my fiance for the first time.

As we were both keen sci fi nuts i`d like to think if he hadn`t found me on that website we would have eventually found each other at another convention :)

At LFCC this year, I fell instantly in love with the girl cosplaying as Midna from Twilight Princess. But somehow I think that it would be unrequited. I am only 14 and the most contact I made with her was asking for a photo. But someday, I shall return to LFCC as a man!

Maybe they think that a man who has so many pictures taken of himself must be intensely vain - you'll just have to kick the photoshoot habit :thumbup:

I rather like 1of2's Sausage Roll encounter. Hard to go wrong with a good sausage roll, though you don't often come across one queuing up for an autograph.
We did meet in a payment queue though. I was buying a pasty when the sausage roll caught my attention.

At LFCC this year, I fell instantly in love with the girl cosplaying as Midna from Twilight Princess. But somehow I think that it would be unrequited. I am only 14 and the most contact I made with her was asking for a photo. But someday, I shall return to LFCC as a man!

I think that's the sweetest thing I have ever read!!

it breaks my heart when i hear people say

'i really wanted to talk to __ but..'

'i really fancied ____ but..'

'i wish i could say ___ but...'

please dont be shy or embarrassed, no one is going to be straight up mean to you for giving it a go. (and if they are, then they're obviously not worth it!) and you never know, you might find someone amazing, just by having the courage to speak to them! <3