Repackaged merchandise?

Has anyone elses suspected that they bought a repackaged item, that was apparently sold as new?

For example:

On the Saturday at LFCC, I bought an electronic TARDIS replica that looked like it was BNIB. I've only just had a chance to open the box, and have found that it is dirty all around the base, with a huge scratch on the left side, a few small scratches on the back windows, and with battery springs that have no "springness" within them.

There are a few spots of dirt on all sides of it aswell, and one of the "Police Public Call Box" stickers on a light up part has evidence of peeling off.

I paid £45 for it. I then see the same thing for £10 on the Sunday, quite close to the con entrance.

I'm kind of getting the "ripped off" feeling here as I bought something that I was told was brand new, when the evidence states that it had been opened and returned before.

Anyone else have that happen to them during LFCC?

Has anyone elses suspected that they bought a repackaged item, that was apparently sold as new?

For example:

On the Saturday at LFCC, I bought an electronic TARDIS replica that looked like it was BNIB. I've only just had a chance to open the box, and have found that it is dirty all around the base, with a huge scratch on the left side, a few small scratches on the back windows, and with battery springs that have no "springness" within them.

There are a few spots of dirt on all sides of it aswell, and one of the "Police Public Call Box" stickers on a light up part has evidence of peeling off.

I paid £45 for it. I then see the same thing for £10 on the Sunday, quite close to the con entrance.

I'm kind of getting the "ripped off" feeling here as I bought something that I was told was brand new, when the evidence states that it had been opened and returned before.

Most of the merchandise on sale is usually pretty good, but generally overpriced in my opinion. The stall selling retro consoles and games was a disgrace with regards to pricing so I wouldn't touch it was a 10 foot barge poll. I've bought anime figurines from a few stalls and always haggle the price down if I think its too much.

Its mainly down to word of mouth and personal judgement whether something is good quality or worth the price on the stalls.

If you know which stall you bought it from I suggest you try contacting them directly to sort it out, most stalls will have a website/contact details.

For example:

Most of the merchandise on sale is usually pretty good, but generally overpriced in my opinion. The stall selling retro consoles and games was a disgrace with regards to pricing so I wouldn't touch it was a 10 foot barge poll. I've bought anime figurines from a few stalls and always haggle the price down if I think its too much.

Its mainly down to word of mouth and personal judgement whether something is good quality or worth the price on the stalls.

If you know which stall you bought it from I suggest you try contacting them directly to sort it out, most stalls will have a website/contact details.

I don't remember the name of the stall, but I do remember that it was quite close to the closest autograph wall.

I couldn't spend much this time but I generally go for stuff you can't buy elsewhere, only thing to break this rule this time has been three Doctor Who comics which made up a set I'd been looking for. Everything else can always been bought new and cheaper else where, saying this I'm still immeasurably happy with my SDCC limited edition Jayne Cobb doll I paid £10 for, rare and exclusive! Shiny!