Party Themes

EvilRuthy

As much as I love the steampunk look, I think it'd be a little limiting as a theme. Most people wont already have stuff for it, and it might cost people a bit too much for them to throw something together for it.

It would fit in a theme that's been done before though, Future Torchwood.

Maybe a theme could be 'Alternate Realities' and you could do a steampunk-reality Torchwood costume :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay it's less than 100 days, so a bit over 3 months, to Hub 7. I know the SM/ME crew is working hard to get us more great guests, as well as on their other events (as much as we'd love to think we're the only ones) but we really, really need the themes for the parties.

There have been some pretty good suggestions on here. A Red, White & Blue theme sounds like the best bet for Friday night. It'd be easy to decorate for - red, white & blue bunting and UK & US flags. Fast, simple & leaves more of the party budget for Saturday night. :YAHOO:

I just had a thought for Sunday night - Since we have Rhys & Gwen living on a beach in Wales and the team is in Venice Beach in California, how about A Day @ the Beach? Nice wide range of possibilities there for both the people who want to dress to the theme as well those who don't to still be included. Like I said, just a thought.

I know I'm a nag about the party themes but it would be awesome to have them set more than a couple of weeks before the event. :( Thanks guys!

Morgan

Okay it's less than 100 days, so a bit over 3 months, to Hub 7. I know the SM/ME crew is working hard to get us more great guests, as well as on their other events (as much as we'd love to think we're the only ones) but we really, really need the themes for the parties.

There have been some pretty good suggestions on here. A Red, White & Blue theme sounds like the best bet for Friday night. It'd be easy to decorate for - red, white & blue bunting and UK & US flags. Fast, simple & leaves more of the party budget for Saturday night. ;)

I just had a thought for Sunday night - Since we have Rhys & Gwen living on a beach in Wales and the team is in Venice Beach in California, how about A Day @ the Beach? Nice wide range of possibilities there for both the people who want to dress to the theme as well those who don't to still be included. Like I said, just a thought.

I know I'm a nag about the party themes but it would be awesome to have them set more than a couple of weeks before the event. :D Thanks guys!

Morgan

loving the idea of day at the beach, will get the hawaii shirt back out of the suitcase :D

Oooh, yes, a day at the beach would be nice. And quite amusing since it will be November - it would be quite funny to see everyone walking around in shorts and T-shirts in the winter. There could be a Punch and Judy show, ice creams - the possibilities are endless! :D

Oooh, yes, a day at the beach would be nice. And quite amusing since it will be November - it would be quite funny to see everyone walking around in shorts and T-shirts in the winter. There could be a Punch and Judy show, ice creams - the possibilities are endless! :D

Grass skirts and coconut bras!! :D

Grass skirts and coconut bras!! :D

Haha - I think I might be passing on wearing that myself but it would be fun to see! (Especially if some of the guys took part) ;)

Day at the Beach sounds great and simple for a sunday night party :D

And yeah Red, White and Blue sounds good for the friday. Lots of options for everyone. Costumes of all 3 colours, or just one.

I still think someone should come as Aquafresh :D

And then maybe AU Torchwood for saturday?

Day at the Beach sounds great and simple for a sunday night party :thumbup:

And yeah Red, White and Blue sounds good for the friday. Lots of options for everyone. Costumes of all 3 colours, or just one.

I still think someone should come as Aquafresh :D

And then maybe AU Torchwood for saturday?

This sounds like a good set! Beach is an awesome idea: ICE-CREAMS. I really hope AU Torchwood is a possibility. Always wanted to do steam punk Torchwood. I already bought my dragon some steam punk glasses (yes, I cosplay my dragons as well as myself).

Grass skirts and coconut bras!! :P

Haha - I think I might be passing on wearing that myself but it would be fun to see! (Especially if some of the guys took part) B)

And don't forget your roller skates! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Morgan.

SM is it possible to have the themes a little early this time round, as it would be nice if the majority of people could go in fancy dress.

One of the major problems is that we don't get enough time to prepare an outfit, before the big weekend.

Don't mean to sound like a pain, but even a week or two early would help in the organisation of 3 nights of costumes.

Ladyjane.

To be honest, I find that having any party theme early is better than having one late. Otherwise I tend to say 'sod it' and do my own thing rather than stick with the theme.

As I recall we've been asking for a pyjama party on the Sunday for a while now... :P

A 'Music, Music, Music' theme for Barrowman would be cool! Or a general sci-fi/Time Warp party again, as those always seem to bring out the best costumes!!!

Let's get this back up to the top of the list. Yes I know I'm nagging again ;)

My suggestion was 'A Day at the Beach' for Saturday or Sunday.

And I really like 'Red, White & Blue' for Friday night because it could be less elaborate if need be after getting to the hotel, checking-in, etc.

Morgan

Let's get this back up to the top of the list. Yes I know I'm nagging again :P

My suggestion was 'A Day at the Beach' for Saturday or Sunday.

And I really like 'Red, White & Blue' for Friday night because it could be less elaborate if need be after getting to the hotel, checking-in, etc.

Morgan

Yeah I quite like those ideas, and didn't mind the Doctors/Nurses theme for the other night - I know some didn't like that theme, but I thought it was ok, and certainly fitted in re Owen, Dr Rupesh, Dr Vera etc etc...

Showmasters can we PLEASE organise themes early for a change? There are other Cons that have party themes announced MONTHS in advance....surely we can have 2 months heads up for a change, not a few weeks?

I'm leaving Australia at end October to come over, so I would love to know well before then what themes are decided upon....

Thanks.

I thinks loads of people will bring the masks anyway, that'll make for cool pics.

But as a party theme? Its a bit samey and boring I think. The parties (for those who dress up for them) are an excuse to make an effort and come up with something fun and unique.

And even though yes, people arrive on the friday, its usually the second biggest party after the saturday one. It kicks the weekend off with a bang!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing everybody will be busy preparing for the EMS at the moment so we probably won't hear anything until at least next week.

You beat me to it about EMS being this weekend. But they had best start putting some serious thought into Hub 7's party themes as soon as they recover because there are now basicallyEIGHT WEEKS until the Hub. That's barely enough time to get something decent together if we get the themes next week. And if they only give us 4-6 weeks as seems typical...well let's not even go there!

So please, please, please guys may we please have the themes ASAP?!?!?

Morgan