A big thank you to Showmasters and staff for the weekend

sibenn

I would like to say a major thank you to the event organisers and the staff on the days for what was to me a fantastic weekend.

I travelled alone for the weekend for this and was met by friendly informative staff in a well organised and tidy venue, i came both days for the majority and met most of the guest's too and can say that from my point of view it was memorable and enjoyable throughout.

The whole thing seemed to run smoothly even with a few late cancelations and the site was set out easy to navigate and enjoy.

I would like to add the staff who were helping the guest's and on duty on the differents stations were brilliant and made things easier for me, answering any question i had honeslty and informatively.

Shout outs to the lass who was doing Gazzas cash part, who was obviously anxiuos about what was to unfold but was great and also the lasses at the photo collection part who were charming to me while i was waiting for the Gazza pics knowing i had a train to catch and even helping fill in the sheet to get the bobby george pic sent out to me as i wasnt going to be there at that time....with many compliments while trying to describe what i looked like...i thank you lol.

I would not hesitate to book another weekend away if another event was put together and would look forward to attending as this as this one left me with some precious memories that will always be with me.

Thank you all

Simon

im still trying to upload pics!!

Agreed a huge thanks to the showmaster crew, some who I had recognised from LFCC, some completely new to me - particularly the one who helped to hand out the photoshoots as soon as they arrived (dark, short, spiky hair). She instantly recognised me so as soon as she saw my photo when the person sorting them out was going through them, she picked mine out. Because of that, I managed to arrive home 40 minutes earlier than I had originally planned. So thanks ^_^

Everyone was so great at the show - both crew and guests.

This was the kind of show that reminds me of why I started to attend SM events in the first place, 8 years ago.

Lots of excellent memories from a well organised show.

I'd actually like to have 2 Sportsmanias in MK each year.

I'll definitely be back for all future ones.

And I think we'd all agree - it was great to be back at the shopping centre for this.

I couldn't help thinking of all the memories of meeting so many wonderful guests there from 2003 to 2008.

And quite poignant too, thinking of those I'd met there in the past who are sadly no longer with us, like Irvin Kershner for example.

Let's hope for many more Sportsmanias in the years to come, and lots of new memories to be made.

It was nice to be back there, but looking at that area on the Saturday I was amazed that Collectormania managed to fit in :whistling:

It was a TARDIS event!

I was there mostnof the weekend thinking how would they ever have managed to get the recent one at MK Dons Stadium to fit in there. Just shows how popular it is and how much it's grown.

Those photos brought back some memories of how much the CM events used to pack in there.

At Sportsmania it was fun to be able to take a look at that space in a different way to how it used to be set up for CM.

Although I've only ever been there for SM events, they use that hall for lots of different events each year. Some photos from those are online -

Easter event -

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3...11.175209985512

Christmas -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=195...e=1&theater

and last year the MK Lions basketball team even played some of their games in there, as can see on these photos -

http://www.mkcollege.ac.uk/IMAGES_CMS/Bask...eton%20Hall.jpg

http://www.mkweb.co.uk/sport/images/mklions(1)-width180.JPG

Unusual for most of us who don't live in MK to see it being used for non SM events.

The basketball team were supposed to be moving into Arena MK next to the MK Dons stadium, but as we all know the opening of that has been delayed, so they played some games at Middleton Hall in 2010 before moving to their current home MK Lions Arena.

Info on that at

http://www.mklions.com/news/display.asp?id=5784

Possibly a place that could be used by SM for an event in the future maybe. Looks big enough.

Great to see those CM photos though - and remembering trying to see anything at the stalls on the busy days.