Carl Froch

tuck60

Came down on Saturday to meet Carl Froch and just wanted to say what a top bloke he was. Paid for a signature and he signed my glove and another t-shirt I asked him to sign as well. I had only paid for item and the lady with him pointed this out but he was more than happy to sign the second item anyway. Had a good chat with him and got a photo too.

Ok, so let me get thist straight. You paid for ONE signature, knowing it was just ONE signature you had paid for, and then asked him to sign a SECOND item for you even though you knew full well you hadn't paid for it? I have got that right have I? Wouldn't want there to be any misunderstanding about what you've typed here.

There are words to describe this - I'll let others use them for me....

I think that 100% takes the **** mate as people who wanted two things signed (like me) Had to pay £70. not your fault.....

SM need to sort it out. Different rules and prices paid by different customers?

I'm fuming SM This is not on. Please make sure that customers who have paid for a number of signatures get that number.

Would have been easy for me to pay for one glove to get signed go into his booth and ask for both gloves to be signed. I didn't I was honest I paid for what I wanted.

SM very very disappointed about this

I think that 100% takes the **** mate as people who wanted two things signed (like me) Had to pay £70. not your fault.....

I'm fuming SM This is not on. Please make sure that customers who have paid for a number of signatures get that number.

Would have been easy for me to pay for one glove to get signed go into his booth and ask for both gloves to be signed. I didn't I was honest I paid for what I wanted.

If the guest agrees to do it, what can you do?

The attendee was the one who was out of order here though not SM, they should never have asked the guest

Maybe you should volunteer to crew for Showmaster and get assigned to guest assist a boxer. Lets see how well you would stand up and say no to a boxer who was voluntarily willing to sign a second item.

If the guest agrees to do it, what can you do?

The attendee was the one who was out of order here though not SM, they should never have asked the guest

True............

SM can you explain to me why I had to pay £70 and others are getting signatures for FREE.

Madmonster - So because your guest was a boxer this customer didn't have to pay?? What the hell? You are there to enforce the rules no matter what guest you are dealing with. Rules ares rules aren't they? obviously not. How do you think your comments comes across to people that payed for Each sig they wanted?

Absolutely fuming about this. A price for a sig of any of the guests is a DEFINITIVE price we ALL should have to pay.

This is a SERIOUS let down SM. Explaination please......

Not a pennys ship it's called using your mouth lad.

What was Carl Froch gona do? Knock her out? Grow a pair

If you work for SM shouldn't you ensure all prices paid are fair? And prices are the same for each customer?

So because he was a boxer you thought, to hell with the rules?

SM need some staff with a backbone

SM can you explain to me why I had to pay £70 and others are getting signatures for FREE.

Madmonster - So because your guest was a boxer this customer didn't have to pay?? What the hell? You are there to enforce the rules no matter what guest you are dealing with. Rules ares rules aren't they? obviously not. How do you think your comments comes across to people that payed for Each sig they wanted?

Absolutely fuming about this. A price for a sig of any of the guests is a DEFINITIVE price we ALL should have to pay.

This is a SERIOUS let down SM. Explaination please......

Not a pennys ship it's called using your mouth lad.

What was Carl Froch gona do? Knock her out? Grow a pair

The guy said in his opening post "I had only paid for item and the lady with him pointed this out but he was more than happy to sign the second item anyway" He was told no but he proceeded anyway. So what would you have done in that position that was different? Used physical force? Please enlighten us

Edited by Grazer

Not a penny's ship - yes next time I will volunteer at least then maybe I could have explained to Carl Froch this dude only paid for one sig. Like I said its called using your mouth. You may have been scared to say something (hiding by your comment is seems you would be shaking in your boots just to tell the guy he didn't pay?

Not everyone is intimidated by others. I speak my mind.

Grazer - Pointing something out and not letting it happen - two different things.

Is that clear?

Same lady that was crying dealing with Gazza? OMG that explains it then doesn't it. No rules enforced at all maybe next time

I will be dishonest and see if I can get any free sigs

Madmonster maybe next time you could actually ENFORCE the rules Of the company you work for instead of just 'pointing' things out. Would help love

Not a penny's ship - yes next time I will volunteer at least then maybe I could have explained to Carl Froch this dude only paid for one sig. Like I said its called using your mouth. You may have been scared to say something (hiding by your comment is seems you would be shaking in your boots just to tell the guy he didn't pay?

Not everyone is intimidated by others. I speak my mind.

Grazer - Pointing something out and not letting it happen - two different things.

Is that clear?

Same lady that was crying dealing with Gazza? OMG that explains it then doesn't it. No rules enforced at all maybe next time

I will be dishonest and see if I can get any free sigs

Madmonster maybe next time you could actually ENFORCE the rules Of the company you work for instead of just 'pointing' things out. Would help love

I'm still waiting for you to explain how exactly you would have stopped Carl from signing the second item. Yes it was wrong but I think you're blaming the wrong person/party in all this

Edited by Grazer

Grazer - read my comment

I would tell him he did NOT pay for said item to be signed hence don't sign it!

Not rocket science is it? Or is it? Do you understand now?

Madmonster - next time let us know before hand which guest you will be assisting I'll come along and get some free sigs :)

It is called showing respect. There is a limit to the tone you can use with people (including guests) before you run the risk of insulting them.

If a guest is told not to sign something and they then proceed to do so, there really is not much that can be done by the crew member. I must admit that I have never heard of this happening before.

Speaking of respect, Kieron - I appreciate that you are frustrated, but please show more respect to the other forum users.

Grazer - read my comment

I would tell him he did NOT pay for said item to be signed hence don't sign it!

Not rocket science is it? Or is it? Do you understand now?

Madmonster - next time let us know before hand which guest you will be assisting I'll come along and get some free sigs :)

Pointed out = he was told. Carl Froch ignored the advice and signed it anyway

I've done guest assisting before, I have told a guest that only 1 has been paid for when they've tried to get another once before. They proceeded to sign the item anyway. I've even pointed it out to the guest afterwards that they shouldn't have signed it and they said "it was my choice" What can you do? Rip the item out of the guests hands?

You were honest Kieron, tuck60 was not. The blame lies with him for trying, the assistant pointed it out to Carl that he had only paid for one (they didn't simply do nothing as you're implying), Carl decided to do it anyway. You are right to be aggrieved but as I said, I think you're blaming the wrong people here

Edited by Grazer

1of2

Who have I disrespected?

Moderators on here are a little too sensitive I feel.

As a moderator can you not appreciate my grievances? can you imagine the amount of people who had 2 items signed by Froch for £70 who have never stepped foot on the sportsmania forum? Can't imagine they would be too pleased either.

In hindsight I could have payed for one glove, then took both in there to be signed.

The fact is i was honest payed for what I wanted

Then to top it off the assistant who allowed the free sig comments on here and says oh well Carl Froch is a boxer I didn't want to say anything! How unprofessional is that? What about people that DID pay for their sigs??

There are honest paying customers on this forum and to hear that from an assistant is bizarre / upsetting to say the least!

Wouldn't you agree?

• Moderators

But it's been pointed out multiple times, including by the OP, that the guest assistant DID SAY SOMETHING. Did she get aggressive about it? No. Even if you're bigger or stronger than your guest, it's very difficult as assistant to actually STOP them signing something that hasn't been paid for if they decide to do it. Was she supposed to physically rip it out of his hands?

(Also bear in mind that if a guest assistant p's off a guest, that guest may not be so friendly or even willing to sign for all the honest customers wishing to see them after that - part of the assistant's job is to make sure the guest is comfortable and happy!)

Edited by etmuse

Not wanting to get involved in this i can see and understand where Kieron is coming from and understand his frustation and anger as it isnt cheap for all this stuff but think the comment on here from the staff member wasnt meant to offend and was or start a war or words, the remark about him being a boxer and so on..was surley tongue in cheek and was a mistake to point it out what the guest has done as a member of staff but still like some of the people have said, if the guest chooses to do this then what can anyone do?? in reality nothing.

Yes kieron is right to be aggrieved reading it when he payed the going rate but i guess the customer just got lucky and got a bonus....rightly or wrongly it happens no matter what the guest's agent says he has a right to do what he wants...the fact that most of the 66 players and boxers to name a few stayed at my hotel and enjoyed the bar area with myself made me lucky i guess but thats another tale.......^_^

A valid point made by kieron but nothing anyone can do i feel apart from maybe learn from it and move on.

1of2

Who have I disrespected?

Moderators on here are a little too sensitive I feel.

As a moderator can you not appreciate my grievances? can you imagine the amount of people who had 2 items signed by Froch for £70 who have never stepped foot on the sportsmania forum? Can't imagine they would be too pleased either.

In hindsight I could have payed for one glove, then took both in there to be signed.

The fact is i was honest payed for what I wanted

Then to top it off the assistant who allowed the free sig comments on here and says oh well Carl Froch is a boxer I didn't want to say anything! How unprofessional is that? What about people that DID pay for their sigs??

There are honest paying customers on this forum and to hear that from an assistant is bizarre / upsetting to say the least!

Wouldn't you agree?

Yes, I am frustrated that it happened. However it is possible to post any grievances that you may have without telling somebody to 'grow a pair' for example. So please just tone down your replies.

All that could be done in that sitaution is to ask the guest not to do it. You cannot physically stop a guest from signing.

Etmuse

Bigger or stronger than your guest? Think you've misunderstood pal

My argument is rules are rules regardless of the guest. Spoke to loads boxing fans waiting to me Carl on Saturday and not ONE said they visit the forum etc

Can you imagine how much upset they would be if they found out?

Then on top of that the assistant gives the reason that Carl Froch is a boxer that's why she didn't enforce the rules?? Ametuerish to say the least

Could never see this unprofessional behaviour from other well known sports memorabilia events. Just would not happen.

1of2

Ok lad just couldn't see this unprofessional behaviour happening at other shows.

The assistant who commented on here needs to realise that her comment inevitably would not go down well with people who were honest and paid for what they wanted. Why she decided to even post the comment is utterly baffling.

I guess it's possible that prior to 'going out' SM may look at reminding the guests/agents of the one payment/one auto rule. They may do this anyway, I don't actually know to be honest.

Oh, and etmuse is a young lady ^_^

I think sibenn said it best, not alot can be done. Just doesn't feel right when you've parted with your hard earned only to read a comment in the forum that others have paid far less. Comment from assistant a little bit of a slap in the face for honest paying guests like myself.

Maybe SM should brief their staff to enforce the rules a little more firmly next time so customers like me don't get Upset in the future.

Sorry etmuse! My mistake Madame :) please forgive me

• Moderators

It's simply a case of a guest being nice enough to offer someone another signature. It's happened in the past with other guests, and there's not much anyone can do really. A crew member is there to say what was said, and that's their responsibility. Beyond that, you can't control the decisions of a guest like that.

Yes, it's unfortunate for those who pay for 2+ upfront, but I'm sure Carl and other guests haven't done it to upset other attendees, and would be disappointed it has resulted in such feelings.

Then on top of that the assistant gives the reason that Carl Froch is a boxer that's why she didn't enforce the rules?? Ametuerish to say the least

Could never see this unprofessional behaviour from other well known sports memorabilia events. Just would not happen.

I crewed with a boxer on the Saturday and it's never about who they are, it's about keeping them happy. Crew did the best to try to make sure that people only get what they pay for (this wasnt the only attempted instance) but you try running an event like this...

Maybe SM should brief their staff to enforce the rules a little more firmly next time so customers like me don't get Upset in the future.
I think that they may well discuss it.

Thank you for calming down. I really do share your frustration over this. Thankfully this scenario is not something that happens on a regular basis.