Gareth-David LLoyd.

blaid drwg

I very much doubt he will, but I would love Gareth to come to Hub 7!

To be honest, I'm finding the comments from people not wanting Gareth to be there a wee bit on the rude side. Not in the way they're being phrased, but in the sense that people seem to feel its OK to state on a thread about a particular guest that they don't want them to come. It's kind of disrespectful to the spirit of the thread and also to the guest themselves should they (however unlikely this is) happen to wander onto the forum.

Edited by ruth76

• Moderators

To be honest, it's not the first time and it won't be the last. Especially for the Hubs cons. There's always the same old debate about repeat guests etc. As long as it's kept reasonable, I see no problem with it.

I very much doubt he will, but I would love Gareth to come to Hub 7!

To be honest, I'm finding the comments from people not wanting Gareth to be there a wee bit on the rude side. Not in the way they're being phrased, but in the sense that people seem to feel its OK to state on a thread about a particular guest that they don't want them to come. It's kind of disrespectful to the spirit of the thread and also to the guest themselves should they (however unlikely this is) happen to wander onto the forum.

Thank you its not just me then !

Sooooo Gareth needs to be there as an honory guest then seeing as he's been so many times :D

Yeah but Kai is in the new series, which makes him an ideal guest for new torchwood fans as well as old.

People are just trying to suggest the best line up for the con. Miracle Day has brought new life into the fandom, like it or not. The past 2 hubs have had much smaller attendance due to being off air. It'd be a pretty dumb move not to focus on getting the big names in miracle day

Does that mean we forget the old series? Nope, just means that old series guests are more likely to be the guest stars than old main cast. Hub8 will probably have a more even balance as it'll be after the aftermath of Miracle Day. Perhaps that can be the time to get GDL again

If he wants to turn up for free as an 'honorary guest' I'm sure he could get in touch with ME :P

If he really wanted to be there he could buy a ticket and turn up as an attendee couldnt he? :unsure:

Would anyone believe it was really him? 'Do you know you're the spit of Ianto?' lol

If he wants to turn up for free as an 'honorary guest' I'm sure he could get in touch with ME :P

If he really wanted to be there he could buy a ticket and turn up as an attendee couldnt he? :unsure:

It's been done before (late 90s, a Highlander con guest turned up at a con the following week as an attendee) and there were more than a few double takes and comments of 'you look just like...' but I don't' think it would work in Torchwood fandom.

I realise that and just hope this Hub doesn't turn into MD cause thats not just what TW is about.

I completely agree with you. If it turns out to be a MD Hub, I definitely won't be going because I'm part of the Torchwood fans who much prefer 'classic' Torchwood. I think John and Gareth together would be brilliant guests as I didn't get to go to the first Hub.

It's about keeping it fresh and up to date though. Getting first time UK guests before someone else does.

If the next three guests announced are Eve, Tom and Gareth - even though two of them are a major part of the new series - things are not going as well as anticipated.

There was a time when John being announced would have sold out Gold tickets in no time.

There was a time when John being announced would have sold out Gold tickets in no time.

Very true. I think it maybe a cross between folks learning not to book because of just one guest, disappointment w/ the turn TW has taken & now that MD is being aired, the unevenness of series 4 maybe having an effect.

And for me personally, after last night episode if I hadn't already bought my ticket I would definitely be on 'wait & see' mode to see whom the other guests are going to be. (Sorry SM/ME guys)

Morgan

I realise that and just hope this Hub doesn't turn into MD cause thats not just what TW is about.

I completely agree with you. If it turns out to be a MD Hub, I definitely won't be going because I'm part of the Torchwood fans who much prefer 'classic' Torchwood. I think John and Gareth together would be brilliant guests as I didn't get to go to the first Hub.

Totally agree. I'd still go because I've never been to a hub before, but I would be very disappointed if it was totally MD.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

k015.gif

It would give me great pleasure if Gareth will be invited to the Hub 7! GDL is a must have! :blush:

I know that GDL isn`t easy to handle sometimes :whistling: , but he ever makes everyone laugh, especially by his interacting with other people. I`ve heard many brilliant things about the HUB, when JB, GDL and Kai Owen were all togehter for the first time. I would like to experience how they interact when they are united! B)

Besides, I have some questions about GDL`s new projects such as Warehous 13 or Red Faction and so on...

However, please don`t complain. I do know that the HUB deals with Torchwood and not about Gareth only, but the HUB will be my only chance to ask him questions. I do prefer the face-to-face conversation over the impersonal way of Gareth`s internet Q & A -thing.

Please invite him. AnimatedSmileyWithDaisy.gif